PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS---as of 930 est Rand won't fillibuster...but MIKE LEE will !!!!

Jdayh
08-02-2011, 07:47 AM
HE (Rand Paul) CAN PERHAPS BE PERSUADED... just got off the phone w/his office, they are getting slammed by calls .. hundreds of calls ALL THE PEOPLE WANT HIM TO STOP THIS LEGISLATION!!

so call his DC office RIGHT NOW!!-- 202-224-4343

They said , that if he decides to filibuster it, they (his staff) will be alerted. SO KEEP THE PRESSURE ON !! This SUPER CONGRESS CRAP HAS GOT TO GO!!

AS for MIKE LEE--- Called his office, and HE WILL BE FILIBUSTERING IT!!! This will postpone the vote till midnight, and will require 60 votes to pass it!!

Call his office , to confirm, and to apply thanks and pressure as well!
202-224=5444

hazek
08-02-2011, 07:59 AM
If Lee is already filibustering it, what does it matter what Rand does?

Jdayh
08-02-2011, 08:01 AM
If Lee is already filibustering it, what does it matter what Rand does?

strength in numbers... I am not sure of the rules, but if Mike Lee does it alone, does that mean that only he can speak for 12 hours? but if the both do it, then can the both speak on the floor of the senate for 12 hours? (or whatever the time is)

specsaregood
08-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Uhm, can more than one Senator filibuster at the same time?

specsaregood
08-02-2011, 08:03 AM
strength in numbers... I am not sure of the rules, but if Mike Lee does it alone, does that mean that only he can speak for 12 hours? but if the both do it, then can the both speak on the floor of the senate for 12 hours? (or whatever the time is)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filibuster#Senate
Only one senator can hold the floor at a time. If Lee is filibustering, I'm sure he will cede time for Rand to speak.

eduardo89
08-02-2011, 08:30 AM
even if they fillibuster, theres definitely 60 votes to pass this legislation...

Jdayh
08-02-2011, 08:36 AM
even if they filibuster, there's definitely 60 votes to pass this legislation...

SERIOUSLY ..... what in the F is going through these mental morons minds ..who think that a SUPER CONGRESS is even remotely Constitutional??? Call your senators.. and scream,curse and yell at them for even considering passing this crap!! DO THEY WANT US TO START SHOOTING?? They did something like this in Rome as well.... Its a way of consolidating power!!:mad:

Bruno
08-02-2011, 08:44 AM
SERIOUSLY ..... what in the F is going through these mental morons minds ..who think that a SUPER CONGRESS is even remotely Constitutional??? Call your senators.. and scream,curse and yell at them for even considering passing this crap!! DO THEY WANT US TO START SHOOTING?? They did something like this in Rome as well.... Its a way of consolidating power!!:mad:

Do you want a visit from Homeland Security?

Cowlesy
08-02-2011, 08:48 AM

Calm down man. Mike Lee and Rand will do everything they can, but in the end they are only 2 of 100.

musicmax
08-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Do you want a visit from Homeland Security?

Do you want to keep fellating Ben Bernanke? Oh wait, your name's Bruno - I guess that answers my question.

Chieppa1
08-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Calm down man. Mike Lee and Rand will do everything they can, but in the end they are only 2 of 100.

I see his point though. I too am really pissed I have to sit on my hands as the masses applaud a "super-committee" simply because it has the word "super" in it. I feel like I live in Rome. Towards the end.

sofia
08-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Homosexuality rampant.....Check
Massive debts....Check
Global Imperialism....Check
Debased Currency....Check
Bread and Circuses....Check
Consolidation of state power....Check

Yep....This is Rome!

reduen
Senator Ayotte from New Hampshire seems to be on our side...

Jdayh

CALM DOWN ???? CALM DOWN??? I DON'T THINK SO!! Maybe you can stay calm... all the rest of your life ...as the power whores keep ripping us off and stealing our rights to a Constitutional government...BUT I CANT ...I WONT!! Maybe you should get up off your ass and make some phone calls to the entire Senate. 100 phone calls! Maybe after you here yourself say out loud 100 times how they are attempting to steal our voice with this super congress crap, you will finally realize the time to calm down left the building!

here is the link to the entire Senate.... have at it!!
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Bruno
Do you want to keep fellating Ben Bernanke? Oh wait, your name's Bruno - I guess that answers my question.

How clever. A **** joke. Nice. I guess because some actor deciding to create a charachter around a nickname i have had for 25 years means I want to have relations with Bernanke, huh?

I was referring to his mention of shooting - not how we want to represent the movement.

reduen
08-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Mike Lee up now...

reduen
08-02-2011, 09:35 AM
I thought that Mike Lee was going to fillibuster?

angelatc
08-02-2011, 09:47 AM
The news says that he backed down, admitting that they Senate had the 60 votes they need to break it. :(

Jdayh
08-02-2011, 09:57 AM
The news says that he backed down, admitting that they Senate had the 60 votes they need to break it. :(

yes...unfortunately... he apparently backed down.. http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/52299918-90/vote-lee-plan-caucus.html.csp

but..Rand still may do it.. I called his office again.. he has not decided yet ... and I told them point blank ,what in the hell does he need?? food, coffee delivered? WHAT?? I asked them to find out what he needs to make this decision. Keep calling!! They said that they just got the bill last night, and have not even read it yet!!! I SAID THEN HAVE HIM READ THE ENTIRE BILL ON THE FLOOR OF THE SENATE!! That will buy us time to flood the phones of the rest of the senate!!

musicmax
08-02-2011, 09:58 AM
How clever. A **** joke. Nice. I guess because some actor deciding to create a charachter around a nickname i have had for 25 years means I want to have relations with Bernanke, huh?

I was referring to his mention of shooting - not how we want to represent the movement.

Yeah, how dare we compare ourselves to real freedom fighters like the ones who founded the country. Or the ones in Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, etc.

Back to your pillow fight fantasies, Sacha.

Jdayh
08-02-2011, 10:04 AM

Bruno
08-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Yeah, he should read the bill i hasn't been available for the promised three day review period.

brushfire
08-02-2011, 10:12 AM
The bigger issue, in my mind, would be if Rand voted yes to end the filibuster.

cucucachu0000
08-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Just made my call to paul.... first time calling a politician. This whole political activism thing is way better than being helpless.

specsaregood
08-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Just made my call to paul.... first time calling a politician. This whole political activism thing is way better than being helpless.

Are you from KY? If not, why not call your senator?

brushfire
08-02-2011, 10:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAwwyfaO7y4

awake
08-02-2011, 12:09 PM
I dunno, the Tea Party is literally being called terrorists, hostage takers, extremists... nobody is in their right mind, well almost nobody. Great time to get big things done!