PDA

View Full Version : Child saves baby Woodpecker; Feds fine her $535

Cowlesy
08-02-2011, 06:43 AM
http://wusa9.com/news/article/161065/158/Woodpecker-Saving-Daughter-Costs-Mom-500

FREDERICKSBURG, Va. (WUSA) -- Eleven-year-old aspiring veterinarian, Skylar Capo, sprang into action the second she learned that a baby woodpecker in her Dad's backyard was about to be eaten by the family cat.

But on the drive home, the Capo family stopped at this Lowes and they brought the bird inside because of the heat. That's when they were confronted by a woman from the Department of Fish and Wildlife.

"She was really nervous. She was shaking. Then she pulled out a badge," said Capo.

But two weeks later, that same woman from the Department of Fish and Wildlife showed up at the Capo's front door. This time, Capo says she was accompanied by a state trooper. Alison Capo was cited for unlawfully taking a migratory bird and now she's been slapped with a $535 fine.

Really. REALLY?

For Pete's sake..........these people

Krugerrand
08-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Silly fine ... that's what tasers are for.

Kylie
08-02-2011, 07:22 AM
I am just about sick of them fucking with little kids.

They are killing the spirits of these kids, between shit like this and schooling. Mabye that's the idea.

Zero tolerance policy, ya know.

roho76
08-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Slap a restraining order on here for stalking a child. I say all these statist asshats need to have a spoonful of statism thrown right back at them.

amy31416
08-02-2011, 07:45 AM
No words.

DamianTV
08-02-2011, 07:56 AM
These are the lessons that our Government wants our kids to learn. Whether it is taught by a Teacher or a Bully with a Badge, the most important thing the Government wants to teach our children is Total Submission to Their Authority.

If the people that are running around committing these atrocities were acting of their own accord, not protected by law, and not given orders to beat the Mundanes into Absolute Submission, do you think there might in fact be a few less News Stories like this? The Orders to make us Submit are coming from High Up the Food Chain. And you and I are at the bottom.

aGameOfThrones
08-02-2011, 08:01 AM
What the government taught everyone here is... let your Cat eat it!

Cowlesy
08-02-2011, 08:04 AM
To me it's just that this dopey Fish and Wildlife officer lacks so much common sense. She really thought it through and came to the conclusion she needed to get a State Trooper, and serve a citation for this. That was even after the family called and said "Hey it flew away!"

I hope that people in Virginia read the story, and demand their state legislators strike this statute from whatever law-book these people are using. Then that kid and her Mom can say "U MAD?" to that dope of a Wildlife officer.

Kords21
08-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Maybe the kid should have just ran guns into Mexico, that doesn't seem to be punishable

specsaregood
08-02-2011, 08:47 AM
What the government taught everyone here is... let your Cat eat it!
That ^.

Maybe the kid should have just ran guns into Mexico, that doesn't seem to be punishable
And well that ^ seems to work as well.

AGRP
08-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Remind me to ignore a UDFW worker the next time I see one being mauled by a predatory animal such as a cougar or bear.

Brian4Liberty
08-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Power corrupts, even at the lowest levels. A petty person, granted power over others by the State is a dangerous thing.

Danke
08-02-2011, 08:59 AM
She is too young to be messing around with peckers anyway. She should open a lemonade stand to pass the time.

specsaregood
08-02-2011, 09:00 AM
She is too young to be messing around with peckers anyway. She should open a lemonade stand to pass the time.

The fines are less as well.

Brian4Liberty
08-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Violence is not an answer, but this reminded me of this old incident where an "inspector" was harassing a business. Someone who actually had been inspected by the lead inspector said she was a major bitch that enjoyed wielding her power, and giving out petty fines.

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/062300/nat_062300040.shtml

moostraks
08-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Power corrupts, even at the lowest levels. A petty person, granted power over others by the State is a dangerous thing.

qft...

Rael
08-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Call the local VA Fish & Game office to tell them how you feel: VA Dept of game & inland Fisheries: Fredericksburg Office ,
1320 Belman Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22401

* Phone: (540) 899-4169
* Fax: (540) 899-4381
* Hours: 8:15 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday

Rael
08-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Call the local VA Fish & Game office to tell them how you feel: VA Dept of game & inland Fisheries: Fredericksburg Office ,
1320 Belman Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22401

* Phone: (540) 899-4169
* Fax: (540) 899-4381
* Hours: 8:15 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday

coastie
08-02-2011, 09:14 AM
To me it's just that this dopey Fish and Wildlife officer lacks so [I]much common sense. She really thought it through and came to the conclusion she needed to get a State Trooper, and serve a citation for this. That was even after the family called and said "Hey it flew away!"

I hope that people in Virginia read the story, and demand their state legislators strike this statute from whatever law-book these people are using. Then that kid and her Mom can say "U MAD?" to that dope of a Wildlife officer.

Yes, she lacks common sense, but is in possesion of something much,much more dangerous, and that is this mindset:

"I must ENFORCE ALL LAWS...No matter who it destroys, or how it must be achieved, at all costs. Only criminals break the law...".

The very fact she acted nervous enough for these people to make note of it is bad,bad.

<puts on former LE hat>

The reason why? It's all about control. When enforcing any law, you have to maintain an aura of authority to ensure compliance.

Someone like this who is "scared"-with a badge, a gun, and pepper spray- to do " a job" that requires the possible use of deadly force.....:eek:

That should make everyone shutter to think....This is the type of law enforcer who's gonna shoot someone oneday in the near future. Maybe over a fishing license..." SIR! Show me your fishing licence. Oh- you dont have one?" <takes step back puts hand on service weapon> Fisherdude: "whoa, ok, I'm gonna put my fishing knife down..." <starts lowering knife>Officer: "KNIFE! KNIFE! "<draws> BANGBANGBANGBANG....CLICK<reloads> BAMGBANGNBANGBANG.

She was nervous,after all he was a big guy, who had an arrest for marijuana possesion 10 yrs ago,
The committee has determined that she followed all proper department procedures, you know how the story would be played out....

musicmax
08-02-2011, 09:16 AM
So they print the kid's name and the mom's name but not the agent's name 'cause they know if they did that bitch might get, uh, visited.

Philmanoman
08-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Almost hit a woodpecker while driving once.Wonder what kind of fine that would of been if I would have hit it and someone reported me.

Krugerrand
08-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Another chance at public humiliation:
http://i55.tinypic.com/fzbvp5.jpg

brushfire
08-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Send the midnight swat raid on the little f'r, and kill their family dog. You're never too young to learn the law.

oyarde
08-02-2011, 10:48 AM
This is why it is better to eat the birds , no evidence :)

AGRP
08-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Drudge is carrying this now and I dont think this is necessarily worthy of sending to him.

Im beginning to believe he lurks here.

oyarde
08-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Drudge is carrying this now and I dont think this is necessarily worthy of sending to him.

Im beginning to believe he lurks here.

Yeah , probably a member :)

enjerth
08-02-2011, 11:01 AM
unlawfully taking a migratory bird
As I understand it, with regards to game and wildlife regulations, the term "taking" is short for "taking down", a kill. It does not mean capture or catch. If you release it, then you have not taken it.

I have a hard time believing that the woman from the Department of Fish and Wildlife did not know that. If she didn't, she has no business in working there.

Anti Federalist
08-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Fucking clam cops...

oyarde
08-02-2011, 11:04 AM

More profitable .

AGRP
08-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Yeah , probably a member :)

Yeah. It happens all the time, so it cant be a coincidence.

He also regularly runs updates on the price of gold. If anything, the only people who realize the importance of the price of gold and the dollar are liberty minded individuals. No other presidential candidate besides Ron Paul is interested in gold and we can pretty much extrapolate that hes a fan of Ron Paul.

Anti Federalist
08-02-2011, 11:05 AM
"She was really nervous. She was shaking. Then she pulled out a badge," said Capo.

But two weeks later, that same woman from the Department of Fish and Wildlife showed up at the Capo's front door.

How'd the clam cop know where they lived?

Never talk to cops...

oyarde
08-02-2011, 11:07 AM
How'd the clam cop know where they lived?

Never talk to cops...

Probably made Dad show ID and slicked the address that way ....

oyarde
08-02-2011, 11:08 AM
I am trying to decide if a woodpecker in West Virginia would even migrate ? Probably makes no difference if they have it listed as migratory . In my home state the doves do not migrate , but are listed as migratory ...

oyarde
08-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Makes it taste better after you spend the $25 in required stamps .

enjerth
08-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Three felonies a day. Even children are not exempt.

Icymudpuppy
08-02-2011, 12:12 PM
It's a federal law regarding Migratory Birds.

1973 the Migratory Bird Act. Passed in response to the book "Silent Spring".

Sam I am
08-02-2011, 01:41 PM
But on the drive home, the Capo family stopped at this Lowes and they brought the bird inside because of the heat. That's when they were confronted by a woman from the Department of Fish and Wildlife.

http://talesfromtheer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/spanish_inquisition.jpg

Sam I am
08-02-2011, 01:46 PM
ITT: people who have not actually red the article that he OP linked to

youngbuck
08-02-2011, 01:48 PM
But two weeks later, that same woman from the Department of Fish and Wildlife showed up at the Capo's front door. This time, Capo says she was accompanied by a state trooper.

That woman must've had something pretty bad happen to her as a child to be such a bitch.

AGRP
08-02-2011, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB_jp3Sm1BY

tangent4ronpaul
08-02-2011, 02:46 PM
unbelievable...

If the kid took it to court, the lady would have to provide her name. I bet she wouldn't show up and they would win because of that.

-t

oyarde
08-03-2011, 11:06 AM
It's a federal law regarding Migratory Birds.

1973 the Migratory Bird Act. Passed in response to the book "Silent Spring".

Hell , yes , I should know that , have to buy my Federal Duck stamp every year ....

affa
08-03-2011, 12:45 PM
i don't know if anyone bothered to read the article posted on drudge, but for days it's carried a disclaimer that the 'bill' was sent by mistake and had already been canceled in the system before the article got posted.

not news. not even real. the official was dutifully supposed to report the incident, but didn't want the fine to go through. computer glitch = fine.

Nirvikalpa
08-03-2011, 02:59 PM
I am just about sick of them fucking with little kids.

They are killing the spirits of these kids, between shit like this and schooling. Mabye that's the idea.

Zero tolerance policy, ya know.

I am getting really sick of it, too, especially when it's becoming more obvious to me 'kids can't be kids.' Fining/dismantling lemonade stands, now fining a parent because their child saved a bird? Why don't we completely destroy a child's innocence while we are at it? It is so sad, and it's even to the point I am questioning my wanting to bring a child into this world.

acptulsa
08-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Speaking of Feds 'helping' animals, how about a reminder...?

http://laughterandliberty.com/a-man-and-a-seal/

Seraphim
08-03-2011, 05:30 PM
I bet if she had taken a hammer to the woodpecker's head, she would have received an early starters commendation award and early enrollment into the State Troopers training program.