PDA

View Full Version : I think this debt deal is a TROJAN HORSE!

hillbilly123069
08-02-2011, 12:37 AM
This deal creates a council "to trim 1.5 trillion" off the deficit over the next decade.
I been hearing about the new Super Congress. I haven't been able to find any details on the deal yet, but I've been reading this council will be able to override congress and even create legislation. I come to this conclusion just on the past history of our boys in DC. They want money and they want power. This would save them having to put on anymore broadway shows to sway us.

dannno
08-02-2011, 12:56 AM
I can't think of a single piece of legislation that isn't a Trojan Horse for something.

IPSecure
08-02-2011, 01:04 AM
...and for other purposes...

So, what are they going to blow $2.4 Trillion on?

DamianTV
08-02-2011, 01:24 AM

What else? More erosions of our Liberties and more War.

anaconda
08-02-2011, 02:13 AM

So, what are they going to blow $2.4 Trillion on? These deficits are starting to be pretty regular and recurring. I think they are trying to break down the U.S. infrastructure so that they can make the U.S. answer to a global bank.

headhawg7
08-02-2011, 03:15 AM
What else? More erosions of our Liberties and more War.

SHHHHHHH!!!It's not war. It's called bringing peace and democracy to the middle east or so I was told. /sarcasm

headhawg7
08-02-2011, 03:19 AM
I can't think of a single piece of legislation that isn't a Trojan Horse for something.
Would rep you but have to spread some more around first.

More stimulus of course. We all know that the last stimulus just wasn't big enough. They need to create a new package that spends the entire $2.4 trillion on more "shovel ready" projects. It worked well the last time. Oh wait...nevermind.

sevin
08-02-2011, 06:26 AM
These deficits are starting to be pretty regular and recurring. I think they are trying to break down the U.S. infrastructure so that they can make the U.S. answer to a global bank.

Bingo. I'm starting to think that just as price inflation gets really severe, they'll impose austerity measures like in Greece. Super high taxes, no one retires, everyone is a slave.

Elwar
08-02-2011, 06:50 AM
A Trojan Horse implies that it is not seen for what it is when implemented.

dean.engelhardt
08-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Just saw a little of Morning Joe. Scarbourgh said it is a joke if you think this deal cuts spending.

wgadget
08-02-2011, 07:38 AM

Purportedly, to pay the debts that we've already incurred.

Dark_Horse_Rider
08-02-2011, 07:42 AM
These deficits are starting to be pretty regular and recurring. I think they are trying to break down the U.S. infrastructure so that they can make the U.S. answer to a global bank.

can anyone say euro-zone ?

osan
08-02-2011, 08:07 AM

You have a gift for the obvious. :)

osan
08-02-2011, 08:13 AM
can anyone say euro-zone ?

Can anyone say "poverty zone"?

Bossobass
08-02-2011, 08:30 AM
I just wanted to state the obvious here. They can't cut the deficits. We live in a country that has adopted a debt-based economy. They can't stop the debt pyramid without a devastating collapse of the entire system.

RP calls for introduction of competing currencies, keeping SS while allowing the youngest gen of wage earners to opt out and a phase out of the Fed. IOW, you have to have a semi-working system in place before you phase out the debt system. RP knows it. The Fed folks know it. That's the entire centuries old establishment against one guy. So, debt system it is. More debt is what's required.

For decades we exported our inflation to Germany, Japan, OPEC and S. Korea in exchange for giving them a free trade ride to riches and getting huge military bases in their countries "in perpetuity".

Then to China for the same deal with a twist. No military bases and instead of waiting until the Chinese miracle developed on its own, they moved the USA Industrial Giant to China.

Now, as RP has said for decades, the inflation is coming home to roost, the Fed boys have no one else to absorb the huge and necessarily growing debt, so we have to monetize it ourselves... or else.

This is the end game, IMHO. They'll vote for increasing deficits because they'll be told why they have to. I also honestly believe that they're speeding up their process because of RP and the sudden awareness by millions of their pyramid scheme.

Just 2 cents.

Bosso

sailingaway
08-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Absolutely. The only thing the bill really does is create a 'super congress' where some congressional pigs are more equal than other congressional pigs, and puts huge teeth to make the rest of congress go along with whatever they come up with in their star chamber.

anaconda
08-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Bingo. I'm starting to think that just as price inflation gets really severe, they'll impose austerity measures like in Greece. Super high taxes, no one retires, everyone is a slave.

Wouldn't "austerity measures" help those in the private sector?

Bordillo
08-03-2011, 02:53 AM
Would rep you but have to spread some more around first.

More stimulus of course. We all know that the last stimulus just wasn't big enough. They need to create a new package that spends the entire $2.4 trillion on more "shovel ready" projects. It worked well the last time. Oh wait...nevermind.

the reason this last stimulus literally did nothing, if not negative impact is because it wasn't spent on "shovel ready" projects. It basically all went to paying private debts and not to building infrastructure. If you did a stimulus correctly its basically to create instant jobs, give the poor money( they spend quickly) and shock the economy back to normal.

I am not trying to advocate government stimulus programs because as we know 20% of what they say is the stimulus actually gets spent, and the rest goes towards corruption.

DamianTV
08-03-2011, 03:20 AM
A lot of it is going to go to funding and fueling the current and future wars. How much money could we save by not occupying no less than... oh hell, I've lost count of how many countries we are currently occupying or have ever invaded. How much are these wars costing us? Where is that money going? Paying our troops? If that were the case, that money would come back home eventually and we would have already had an economic recovery.

The money is going somewhere else. Maybe to Wall Street, at the expense of Main Street.

acptulsa
08-03-2011, 06:57 AM
A Trojan Horse implies that it is not seen for what it is when implemented.

Exactly why hillbilly's spot on. This is seen as a debt deal, not the biggest erosion of the Constitution since Dubya killed habeus corpus. This Stupor Congress has the potential to disenfranchise up to 87.5% of the nation. Or more, in terms of population. Tyranny, anyone?

Let me say that again. Three states and the president could rule the nation. And here we are, the cream of the crop as far as political awareness, and more than three quarters of this thread is still about the deficit.

+rep, hillbilly. You've got it down cold.

flightlesskiwi
08-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Exactly why hillbilly's spot on. This is seen as a debt deal, not the biggest erosion of the Constitution since Dubya killed habeus corpus. This Stupor Congress has the potential to disenfranchise up to 87.5% of the nation. Or more, in terms of population. Tyranny, anyone?

Let me say that again. Three states and the president could rule the nation. And here we are, the cream of the crop as far as political awareness, and more than three quarters of this thread is still about the deficit.

+rep, hillbilly. You've got it down cold.

perhaps some are in shock?

while i do appreciate the debt/deficit talks in this thread, we need to separate the super congress idea away from the debt issue as much as possible. it needs to be discussed, understood and we need to spread the correct message about how tyrannical this move was. the fact that they used the debt hole "crisis" as a way of "legitimizing" the whole deal is sickening.

NiceGoing
08-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Bump+

Brian4Liberty
08-03-2011, 11:46 AM

Economic hit-men.