PDA

View Full Version : Today was a bad day for our national debt... but a good day for our R3volution...

Cleaner44
08-01-2011, 11:35 PM
With all that is going on in D.C. and the games being played the American people are pissed! Democrats are pissed, Republicans are pissed and Independants are pissed. These are the events that grow our numbers and these are the times that people get fed up. This is how more Tea Party people are created. Thsi is how the establishment weakens.

66 Republicans voted NO
174 Republicans voted to sell out

Sellouts will lose their seats, the only question is how many.

In the long run today was a good day for our R3volution!

Unelected
08-01-2011, 11:38 PM
We need to start a campaign to get these guys primary'd in 2012.

dejavu22
08-01-2011, 11:48 PM
I wont pass judgment at this time if this is a good day for the revolution or not... The fact is that a terrible bill was still passed and after all of the tricks are played the spending cuts will be unnoticeable along with canceling any that don't happen this congress and we will have a new Juggernaut of authority called the Super Congress. The media is claiming we got the carrot but as usual we got the stick. I want to be hopeful but imo this bill is 90% bad news.

The revolution is alive and momentum is in our favor but this was not a victory.

Cleaner44
08-01-2011, 11:50 PM
We need to start a campaign to get these guys primary'd in 2012.

I agree with this. I think I will start a blog to record this violation.

TCE
08-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Don't be so sure. You'd be surprised how many Congressmen are there for life or until they retire. Just look at this:

To Raise the Debt Ceiling (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-690)
vs.
TARP Bailout Vote - 2008. (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2008-681)

See how many names are the same? Americans were hugely against that, too. Some polls registered up to 70%+ opposed to it. Most members are still around and most of the others retired or moved onto a larger position, some in Obama's cabinet. Pick a few Congressmen to either primary or knock out, trying to take them all on won't work. And just be aware that most of these Representatives who voted for the package will be re-elected. Statistically, 95% of them will be re-elected.

tangent4ronpaul
08-02-2011, 01:33 AM
We don't have enough people running for office. We had tons in 2008.

The tea party reps that voted for this are the ones that are vulnerable. Go after those

-t