PDA

View Full Version : Crashing the Wellesley Hillary Rally

Matt Davidson
11-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Hello all,

I'm writing to report from Cambridge, MA where I spent some time promoting Ron Paul this morning. First, I zip-tied up a custom made banner reading 6'x3.5' "Ron Paul for President" over Memorial Drive in Cambridge. After going to class I drove out to Wellesley, MA on the campus of Wellesley College where Hillary was having a rally this morning.

For promoting Ron Paul on the Wellesley campus, I selected some rally signs (purchased from ronpaul2008.com) and a custom-made "Ron Paul for President" banner that MIT Students for Ron Paul made at a sign making meeting last week.

I tried, but I couldn't bear to listen to Hillary's speech for very long. I'll leave it at that. So I set up outside waiting for the crowd to leave. As soon as the doors opened, I had three volunteers ready to hold signs with me!

For the most part, the Wellesley girls seemed needlessly hostile and poorly informed of the issues :(. I tried to engage several of them in a discussion, but that didn't go very well... Several shouted "No boys allowed." (Wellesley is an all girls school), but one girl screamed "Ron Paul rocks my world!" and another asked about joining a local meetup group.

A volunteer sign-holder and I were interviewed by the student newspaper, and almost everyone at the event saw our signs, so we definitely got the name out there. We tried to get on camera for the news reports, but who knows if the video will air. All in all, I declare this another victory for the rEVOLution!

Matt

http://lh5.google.com/qradqrad/RyoogMXmm8I/AAAAAAAAACU/ZM27OeGn6P8/paintcambridgeron.jpg?imgmax=640

dsentell
11-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Most excellent!! Keep up the good work!!

Ozwest
11-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Great stuff!

kylejack
11-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Heh, my ex's sister went there. Later she ended up working for Hillary and now she works for NY City Hall.

Tenbatsu
11-01-2007, 01:38 PM
That sign looks great, how did you make it? It looks really professional.

American
11-01-2007, 01:42 PM
There going to vote vagina, fitting really, the end of sovereignty as a country will end with a female president in office. I can just feel the love now.....:(

Oh well next go maybe there should be some stipulatiuons for being President...

Go ahead, blast away!!....:D

speciallyblend
11-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Excellent,we need more of this we need to approach all the rallys dem and rep,show our numbers,spread Ron Pauls Message..

JoshLowry
11-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Great job. Welcome to the forums.

Keep up the good work, and don't let us distract you!

slantedview
11-01-2007, 01:54 PM
NICEEEEEEEE. Excellent work :)

American
11-01-2007, 01:57 PM
OH GOOD JOB BTW!!!

Sorry, I forgot that part....:)

reillym
11-01-2007, 02:24 PM
For the most part, the Wellesley girls seemed needlessly hostile and poorly informed of the issues :(. I tried to engage several of them in a discussion, but that didn't go very well... Several shouted "No boys allowed." (Wellesley is an all girls school)

Tell me about it. Some of those girls are CRAZY about Hillary and will hear nothing else (the truth). It's sort of sad but also understandable at the same time, as Hillary went to Wellesley.

reduen
11-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Way to go! Keep it up Matt..

BIG_J
11-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Wow, that was really brave. Honest! I don't think I would have the guts to do that at an all girls school, with Hillary speaking.

RP ROCKS! Keep up the good work!

maiki
11-01-2007, 03:01 PM
There is an MIT students for Ron Paul group? I'm at MIT, too, and would be interested in maybe joining.

Brian Bailey
11-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Fantastic, Matt!