PDA

View Full Version : Remember TARP? Remember today? Don't lose hope!

08-01-2011, 08:06 PM
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/HouseSession3629

This is the full day's session from the first vote on the TARP bill. The bill would go on to fail in this first vote, go to 5 hours and 26 minutes in, and this was a triumphant time for anyone who is a friend of smaller government and our Constitution.

But then, only a few short days later, the bill would pass in a slightly revised form, after the market dropped and the media scared our Congress into submission.

I submit to you that this has happened today, that our country has been failed by our Congress' insatiable desire to spend more money and use government as the means to every end.

But I also submit to you that we are winning. We got 66 Republicans to vote against the debt ceiling compromise, and many of those are tea party conservatives that we worked to support in 2010. Rand Paul and Mike Lee still haven't truly been heard from in the Senate, as it is likely that they will work to filibuster the bill or at least invoke a 60-vote minimum by the threat of doing so.

Folks, times are tough. The bill passed today in the House, and it is depressing. But we have a lot of work to be proud of, and if we keep working, we will have much more to be proud of in the months to come.

Don't lose your resolve! Liberty is a torch that rises from the ashes of our crumbling government. There's hope for our country, and we are all a part of it by our actions and words.

Let's keep fighting. And let's do everything we can to win the Ames Straw Poll and send shockwaves through the establishment.

Ron Paul is a man whose time has come, and freedom has never been so popular.

1836er
08-01-2011, 08:22 PM
... just wanted to say that I endorse your username!

lx43
08-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Seek revenge on those who bailed out the govt!