PDA

View Full Version : The purpose of the super congress

dejavu22
08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
I have been thinking about this tonight and the best thing that i can come up with is that the purpose of this new group is to neuter the tea party. What i have gathered so far is that the super congress purpose will be to complete legislation and then it will be fast tracked through both houses without being able to amend the legislation.

Now as far as how these people will be chosen... according to an article i read on huffpo 4 different people will each chose 3 people for the 12 person panel. McConnell, Bohener, Reid and Pelosi will all be able to make their selections for who are on the panels which basically eliminating the tea party voice from the conversation.

dejavu22
08-01-2011, 08:00 PM
who i would like to see on the republican side...

Senate- Jim Demint, Rand Paul, and Mike Lee
House- Ron Paul, Jeff Flake, Paul Ryan

Although i am interested in other peoples opinions on this one.

Brian4Liberty
08-01-2011, 08:00 PM
I have been thinking about this tonight and the best thing that i can come up with is that the purpose of this new group is to neuter the tea party. What i have gathered so far is that the super congress purpose will be to complete legislation and then it will be fast tracked through both houses without being able to amend the legislation.

Now as far as how these people will be chosen... according to an article i read on huffpo 4 different people will each chose 3 people for the 12 person panel. McConnell, Bohener, Reid and Pelosi will all be able to make their selections for who are on the panels which basically eliminating the tea party voice from the conversation.

Yep, that was the major reason it was included. Hopefully we can fight it on a Constitutional basis. The Constitution does say that the Senate will be able to amend. Hopefully Judge Napolitano will have additional angles on this.

Section. 7.

All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Brian4Liberty
08-01-2011, 08:02 PM

Good choices, we're on the same wavelength (that is if we can't get it eliminated).

pcosmar
08-01-2011, 08:03 PM
The whole purpose is to concentrate more power in fewer hands,, and negate the voices of opposition.

sofia
08-01-2011, 08:38 PM

Paul Ryan????? The man who BEGGED for TARP?....The man who just voted for every debt ceiling increase thats ever come before him???

He's a phony.

dejavu22
08-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I honestly put him on there only cause he is a veteran and will take the heat for any cuts entitlement related and normally he is not terrible.

MJU1983
08-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Super Congress To Target Second Amendment (http://www.infowars.com/super-congress-to-target-second-amendment/)