PDA

View Full Version : I can't be a Republican.

Carehn
08-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Its been hard fought boys. 4 years now or so working in the local party. The old guard has got me down. this last vote and seeing that my congressmen voted for it is the last straw. I cannot be in this party any longer. I'v had it. I'm taking my ball and going home.

I am at a loss for words. The republican party sucks and there is no saving it. Filled with mindless inbred fucks! I hate them all!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Calling to resign right now.

Philhelm
08-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Its been hard fought boys. 4 years now or so working in the local party. The old guard has got me down. this last vote and seeing that my congressmen voted for it is the last straw. I cannot be in this party any longer. I'v had it. I'm taking my ball and going home.

I am at a loss for words. The republican party sucks and there is no saving it. Filled with mindless inbred fucks! I hate them all!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm not saying that you are wrong, but at the same time, if you are not registered as a Republican and voting for Ron Paul, then you are dead to me. :D

08-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Well. Consider how many folks we have installed in Washington who actually hold the line... Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Jason Chaffetz, Justin Amash, Jeff Duncan, Tim Hueslkamp, Allen West, folks who voted against extending the Patriot Act, folks who voted against Libya.

Today is disconcerting and I am depressed too. But giving up now when we are making real changes in Washington, in only a few short years, is not the right choice.

There is a long way to go. But we are making real progress. And Ron Paul is a huge part of that. But we are too.

Please, keep up the fight. I entreat you.

Carehn
08-01-2011, 07:17 PM
I'll sleep on it.

LibertyEagle
08-01-2011, 07:19 PM
You can't give up now. I know it looks dismal today, but there are so many people opening their eyes today and many more will if we get Ron Paul's message out to them. So many people still today don't know about him. So don't give up. We need you. The country needs you.

TCE
08-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Become a Liberty Democrat? Sounds like you have made some inroads in your local GOP, though. You have to look at it from Dr. Paul's perspective: He expects everything to implode, but he sees the positive in all of it that younger people are starting to become disenchanted and understand his viewpoints. If we were driven by legislative victories alone, well, we're going to lose every single time right now, so that doesn't make any sense.

Carehn
08-01-2011, 07:31 PM
My county vice chair just talked me off that ledge for now. Just freaking out over Simpson being such a worthless pile.

bunklocoempire
08-01-2011, 07:33 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Hard fought"? I haven't even seen the daily burnt effigy/effigies yet.

Sleep on it like you mentioned,

have a cupcake (w/sprinkles),

and then go burn some effigies with a small group.

You'll feel better in no time.

Bunkloco

erowe1
08-01-2011, 07:36 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You couldn't have picked a worse time.

MRoCkEd
08-01-2011, 07:38 PM
No. We need you.

MJU1983
08-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Of all the "major" parties it's the least shitty. They have Ron and Rand, Justin Amash...just to name a few.

The message is spreading and winning, just look at the 2012 GOP debates so far compared to 2008. Night & Day.

KevinYeaux
08-01-2011, 07:50 PM
There's been a lot of bad votes, I would not declare this one being anywhere near the worst.

Calm down and keep going. At least stay in through the 2012 primaries.

08-01-2011, 07:53 PM
There's been a lot of bad votes, I would not declare this one being anywhere near the worst.

Calm down and keep going. At least stay in through the 2012 primaries.

No kidding there have been bad votes. I remember watching the TARP bill in horror, and then joy as it was defeated at first, and then horror again as it passed after vote wrangling by both sides. At the time, I thought that it was the greatest, most unconstitutional intervention in our economy ever. Then came Obamacare, among other things.

And yet, amidst the ashes, we see that the torch of liberty is rising and will soon envelop our country in light. Even if Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination, we have done a lot to move the Republican party in our direction, and moreover, we have elected a number of constitutional conservatives who care about liberty and vote honestly for smaller government.

I think we are making progress. I think we have a lot more progress we can make, if we all stick together and fight.

COpatriot
08-01-2011, 07:55 PM
I'll have to re-register with the GOP before too long. *vomit*

lynnf
08-01-2011, 07:58 PM
you can't quit until Ron Paul does.... can't be any worse for you than it is for him!

AJ Antimony
08-01-2011, 08:00 PM
What the hell did you expect? It was never supposed to be easy. Some would say it's not possible. But Ron Paul has said "don't let it be said that we did nothing."

Every dedicated Ron Paul supporter hates being in the GOP.

Don't pull a Sarah Palin and quit. Try harder. Refine your strategy. Get the job done.

AJ Antimony
08-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Of all the "major" parties it's the least shitty. They have Ron and Rand, Justin Amash...just to name a few.

The message is spreading and winning, just look at the 2012 GOP debates so far compared to 2008. Night & Day.

Barry Goldwater, Jeff Flake, Mike Lee...

Carehn
08-01-2011, 08:06 PM
I only meant quit as PC for the local GOP. I would support Ron for as long as he needs me. But Im going to sleep on it and I also talked to my local Vice Chair who is on (giver or take) our side and reminded me of all the good things I have helped accomplish.

I told him if Mike Simpson does anything stupid before 9 tonight i would call him back and there would be no talking me out of it.

brandon
08-01-2011, 08:07 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If you're sick of politics in general and want nothing to do with it anymore, then I totally understand. I feel the same way most of the time. But if you still have an interest in increasing freedom through the political process there is absolutely no reason to not be in one of the major parties. Engaging in politics via a 3rd party or an as independent only dampens your impact.

But if you want me real honest opinion, none of this really matters anyway. You can piddle away your years immersed in the boring corrupt world of politics to maybe marginally slow down the expansion of totalitarianism for a couple years, but it will be at the expense of missing out on many more rewarding hobbies.

Badger Paul
08-01-2011, 08:08 PM
So what? Vote for Ron Paul anyway

KingRobbStark
08-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Don't be a bitch OP.

YumYum
08-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Before I discovered Ron Paul, I went with my parents to a Democrat meeting/dinner where my Dad was the guest speaker, and I attended Democrat meetings at the University with my brother. They were very nice people, and believe it or not, they were very conservative people and most of them were Christians. I am still a registered Republican and will stay that way until the nomination/election is over (unless Ron Paul wins). If Ron Paul were to lose, I'm going to take the message of Liberty and Freedom to the Democrats. I have learned from watching the Zionists, who are both Republicans and Democrats, that Party affiliation means nothing when it comes to what you believe in.

Philhelm
08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Before I discovered Ron Paul, I went with my parents to a Democrat meeting/dinner where my Dad was the guest speaker, and I attended Democrat meetings at the University with my brother. They were very nice people, and believe it or not, they were very conservative people and most of them were Christians. I am still a registered Republican and will stay that way until the nomination/election is over (unless Ron Paul wins). If Ron Paul were to lose, I'm going to take the message of Liberty and Freedom to the Democrats. I have learned from watching the Zionists, who are both Republicans and Democrats, that Party affiliation means nothing when it comes to what you believe in.

Really? At least with Republican supporters, they will listen to Constitutional arguments, or arguments for free markets, etc. The Democrat foot soldier is not our friend.

TCE
08-01-2011, 08:23 PM

+Rep. Good. We need more Liberty Democrats.

TCE
08-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Really? At least with Republican supporters, they will listen to Constitutional arguments, or arguments for free markets, etc. The Democrat foot soldier is not our friend.

If you are in a heavily Democratic environment, join the Democratic Party. Party affiliation means nothing after you are elected. Use the party as a vehicle to get elected and especially in a safe district, you'll be there forever. Why should we use only the Republican Party? What if there is a wave election down the line for the Democrats like there was in 2010 for the GOP? We can run some liberty candidates as Democrats and we can get them in. The point is, join some party, ideally whichever party is strongest in your area and/or state. The worst thing all of us can do is sit around and do nothing. I applaud YumYum for taking initiative and coming at a problem from a different direction.

EDIT: And in my experience, Republicans can be just as hard headed and anti-liberty as Democrats. Remember how in 2004 every Democrat was anti-war? I identified much more as a Democrat back then. After 2008, it seems like I agree with the GOP on a ton of issues.

YumYum
08-01-2011, 08:28 PM

It depends on the demography. Where I live is rural, and all people here, including Democrats, tend to be conservative. The Democrats here live good, moral lives, they just believe that people should do what they want as long as they don't bother or hurt anybody else.

They too believe in the Constitution, they just interpret the "General Welfare" clause differently than most Republicans do. They need to be educated.

Anti Federalist
08-01-2011, 08:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tiOMu_Bf8Q

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YumYum
08-01-2011, 08:40 PM
If you are in a heavily Democratic environment, join the Democratic Party. Party affiliation means nothing after you are elected. Use the party as a vehicle to get elected and especially in a safe district, you'll be there forever. Why should we use only the Republican Party? What if there is a wave election down the line for the Democrats like there was in 2010 for the GOP? We can run some liberty candidates as Democrats and we can get them in. The point is, join some party, ideally whichever party is strongest in your area and/or state. The worst thing all of us can do is sit around and do nothing. I applaud YumYum for taking initiative and coming at a problem from a different direction.

EDIT: And in my experience, Republicans can be just as hard headed and anti-liberty as Democrats. Remember how in 2004 every Democrat was anti-war? I identified much more as a Democrat back then. After 2008, it seems like I agree with the GOP on a ton of issues.

There are a lot of things we can agree with Democrats on. Of course, the biggest hurdle is the domestic policies. But I will approach it the same way Ron does. I will point out that the general welfare clause does not mean "welfare", but we need to get rid of the wasteful spending on our wars and foriegn aid before we pull the plug on Social Security and Medicare.

There is one thing that George W. Bush did right. He turned a lot of Federal programs over to the states. But in doing so, he gave them a lot less money to manage the Federal programs than what the Federal government was spending. The states readily accepted the money, and spent it. Then they realized that they were under budgeted and they started making drastic cuts; laying off janitors and substitute teachers, etc.. At first, this was a hardship on the states, but in time, because they made the cuts in their spending, the majority of states had a surplus of money. The Federal government could turn Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and all the other programs over to the states, because turning over Federal programs to the states can work, and Bush proved it can work. Other than that, he should have been impeached.

Danke
08-01-2011, 08:57 PM
*snip*

Life Of Illusions:

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

sailingaway
08-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Call it infiltration if you want but Ron will need your influence to change anything. you stayed with it 4 years and now is the time you can actually use that to change things and help others who feel as you do. Now is the time for people to get more active, not less.

Mahkato
08-01-2011, 09:07 PM
You need to be in the belly of the beast to change it. Just don't let it change you.

angelatc
08-01-2011, 10:04 PM
You need to be in the belly of the beast to change it. Just don't let it change you.

Yep. When the day comes that a strong primary challenger comes along, he or she will need you to be exactly where you are right now.

Working Poor
08-01-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm not saying that you are wrong, but at the same time, if you are not registered as a Republican and voting for Ron Paul, then you are dead to me. :D

+1 this is my fav response

georgiaboy
08-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Though I'm a Republican in the truest sense of the word, I've been forced to vote third party or not at all since some of the Republicans in Georgia are actually dixiecrats in disguise, supporting bailouts, this vote, etc. I'd love to vote for all Republicans, but there are some lines I refuse to cross. Voting to allow an additional 2.4T to be added to the debt is one of them.

Not sure if your leadership position in the party requires that you vote straight R ticket in your state - or if the party can even require that - probably not. If it does, then it's on your conscience whether you can pull the lever for 2.4T Simpson. I wouldn't be able to do it.

On the other hand, if in your position you're able to help get a primary contest against Simpson, and you're able to vote your conscience, and, all else being equal, you enjoy contributing to the direction of the party, then hang in there and be and seek the change we're all striving to achieve.

It's your choice, and your life, so do what you want to do.

libertybrewcity
08-02-2011, 12:11 AM
I'd rather be a Republican and just abstain from voting if I have to. I don't think any of the other parties are all that great. AND I don't have to tell anyone I'm a Republican.

TCE
08-02-2011, 12:16 AM
I can't believe I didn't mention the ultimate strategy a Vice-Chair should use for dealing with a GOP member of Congress when he does something anti-liberty:

Refuse to shake his hand! :collins: I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner!

Ahem, for all of you new people and lurkers wondering what I'm talking about: http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-voices/post-politics-gop-official-deserved-his-ouster

Carehn
08-02-2011, 07:36 AM
I can't believe I didn't mention the ultimate strategy a Vice-Chair should use for dealing with a GOP member of Congress when he does something anti-liberty:

Refuse to shake his hand! :collins: I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner!

Ahem, for all of you new people and lurkers wondering what I'm talking about: http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-voices/post-politics-gop-official-deserved-his-ouster

I actually got in hot water for suggesting that Mike Simpson pay his own way into the summer pick nick and not have the party buy his way in. I remember saying something about him voting for tarp and living off all our money in the first place, the least he could do is cough up 10 buck. And suddenly im the bad guy.

Just thinking about Simpson makes me want to vomit. I must stay in long enough to fight him in the primary. And if that don't work maybe i will support the democrat. No chance in idaho but im willing to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Simpson is like the inbred child of a democrat and dog, then he calls himself a republican and all these damn farmers and half wit napoleon dynamite just vote for him because they have heard his name before. THATS THE ONLY REASON.

I swear, the less people know about political philosophy the better chance they will vote.

LibertyEagle
08-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Just keep reminding yourself that you are not a PC to help the Republican party; you are a PC to help Ron Paul.

TCE
08-02-2011, 01:08 PM
I actually got in hot water for suggesting that Mike Simpson pay his own way into the summer pick nick and not have the party buy his way in. I remember saying something about him voting for tarp and living off all our money in the first place, the least he could do is cough up 10 buck. And suddenly im the bad guy.

Just thinking about Simpson makes me want to vomit. I must stay in long enough to fight him in the primary. And if that don't work maybe i will support the democrat. No chance in idaho but im willing to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Simpson is like the inbred child of a democrat and dog, then he calls himself a republican and all these damn farmers and half wit napoleon dynamite just vote for him because they have heard his name before. THATS THE ONLY REASON.

I swear, the less people know about political philosophy the better chance they will vote.

Is it possible to become a State House member or some other elected office so you have a jumping off point? And while you're there, you could promote liberty in a smaller venue while gaining name recognition. I can't imagine a State House/State Senate race in Idaho would cost too much...

Humanae Libertas
08-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Republicans' still want war, debt, bailouts, government in your personal life. They're no different than the Democrats. Just one more reason why I'm not registered to any of these parties, and never will.

scrosnoe
08-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Darkest just before the dawn -- hang in there all! We gotta change it from within -- no time to be jumping ship.

Be the Republican Party.

If Ron decides it is hopeless and leaves, so will I. He is our leader, mentor, champion. Until then -- onward to the White House!

Carehn
08-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Is it possible to become a State House member or some other elected office so you have a jumping off point? And while you're there, you could promote liberty in a smaller venue while gaining name recognition. I can't imagine a State House/State Senate race in Idaho would cost too much...

What it 'costs' is a good record in the mormon church. But thats the Idea. look at phil hart i think it is. The idaho state house dude who will not pay his taxes.