PDA

View Full Version : Iowa projects funding - the numbers.

Steve-in-NY
08-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey all. Im new (just started following/supporting Dr Paul this year) and Ive been looking into the Iowa projects...
http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php

I have a few questions/points:

#1 - realistically, if these were funded TODAY, how many will still be effective? Obviously time is a major factor in their success.

#2 - Am I correct in assuming that if some are not considered effective or funded before the poll, obviously the funds would be re-applied to the general campaign?

#2a - if #2 is correct (I am pretty sure it is) then there is literally no downside to donating toward those projects ASAP rather than the general campaign (unless you've maxed out - in which case theres the RevPac)

#3 - Im rather sure I cant be the first one to be suggesting this.

Long story short, Im trying to start a $713,000 avalanche with $35.
I donated $35 today (sorry so little). This is my third donation, and I plan on donating again, and as often as possible. Its a goal of mine to NEED the super pac. How realistic that goal is remains to be seen, but I digress...

I did some math on the Iowa projects (link above) and as of 5:45PM EST 08-01-2012 there is currently a dearth of $712,964.00 to fund everything. Ive seen that raised in two days by Paul supporters in the past.

I suggest that any and all donations for the next week at least go directly toward those projects in order to maximize our effectiveness in Iowa, which in turn can help gather momentum and presumably our effectiveness overall... theres that avalanche I was talking about. Momentum. An object in motion tends to stay in motion.

Even if theres not that much support for this (35,648 people donating $20 :eek:) the worst possible downside is the general campaign is able to use it later.

This might be the only chance we have to be the difference between hitting a home run or hitting a double.

Im hoping this idea gains the traction we desperately need, and fast. I will be donating at minimum 4 times as early as I can. Hell, Im cashing in my change jar as even another $5 could inspire someone.

TLDR:
Lets clean out our change jars for Iowa ASAP!

Some guy in NY cares!

specsaregood
08-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Hey all. Im new (just started following/supporting Dr Paul this year) and Ive been looking into the Iowa projects...
I have a few questions/points:
#1 - realistically, if these were funded TODAY, how many will still be effective? Obviously time is a major factor in their success.
#2 - Am I correct in assuming that if some are not considered effective or funded before the poll, obviously the funds would be re-applied to the general campaign?

The campaign in IA --assuming a good finish in the straw poll -- doesn't end at the straw poll. IA is still the first caucus state and that isn't until next year.

erowe1
08-01-2011, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't take the projects too literally.

All that donating to them really does is give money to the campaign to spend however it wants, just like donating any other way.

However, I like the fact that the projects give us a ticker to follow, when the main website doesn't.

Steve-in-NY
08-01-2011, 04:14 PM
@specsaregood - Understood. Do you feel I am directing my enthusiasm erroneously?

@erowe1 - You were the one that got me all in a bunch over this with your donation match thread that I was 30 min late to the party for. Donated anyway.

I notice that the Iowa donations have an identifying string attached to them in the links. I was under the impression that was the way to track the donations for each project.

trey4sports
08-01-2011, 04:19 PM
@specsaregood - Understood. Do you feel I am directing my enthusiasm erroneously?

@erowe1 - You were the one that got me all in a bunch over this with your donation match thread that I was 30 min late to the party for. Donated anyway.

I notice that the Iowa donations have an identifying string attached to them in the links. I was under the impression that was the way to track the donations for each project.

yes, if you give money for a project then I'm sure the campaign will put that money toward that particular project, however, i'm sure they will also use money from the general fund to fill these projects up as well.

specsaregood
08-01-2011, 04:22 PM

I guess I was mainly addressing this part:

Nearly all of them still have time to be effective since there is a lot of campaign time left in IA. (hopefully).

But the time factor is why I gave to the county fairs project my last couple donations. Those won't be lasting much longer.

Steve-in-NY
08-01-2011, 08:13 PM
fairs are fully funded now. hoping more projects follow suit, and swiftly.