PDA

View Full Version : Seriously..."IT" hasn't passed yet.

wgadget
08-01-2011, 03:13 PM
And it may NOT pass.

Just opining.

UtahApocalypse
08-01-2011, 03:19 PM
we will soon see who is real and not

ctiger2
08-01-2011, 03:25 PM
And it may NOT pass.

http://realy-funny.com/pictures/2010/12/Haha-LOL.jpg

bwlibertyman
08-01-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm seriously going to be pissed if it passes. Don't presume that I only get mad at really bad things. This is a bad thing. It's just another bad thing to add to the list.

Acala
08-01-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm seriously going to be pissed if it passes. Don't presume that I only get mad at really bad things. This is a bad thing. It's just another bad thing to add to the list.

You know, I am really okay with the idea of economic collapse. I have come to accept it. The reality, when it comes, may be a different matter, but I am okay with the prospect. But this death of a thousand cuts where we inch and gyrate ever sOOOOOOOOO slowly towards the cliff is really excruciating! Either lurch over the edge or come to your senses America! Sheesh. Like watching a drunk tightrope walker.

ghengis86
08-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Like I predicted weeks ago:

Is it midnight yet?

Have to draw out the drama/tragicomedy as long as possible, scaring the sheeple with stories of hell on earth if it doesn't pass. Tomorrows papers,
"late night debt deal avoids default"

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

awake
08-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Obama has everything to gain if it does not pass, watch for this plan B. The Tea party and Republicans failed to get the votes...Blah blah

Chieppa1
08-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I just sat and watched Nancy Pelosi speak on the House floor. She talked about America's founding, the Constitution, and being responsible by not passing our debt on to our children. I don't know how much longer I can deal with this all peacefully. This lady has control (some) over my life and property. Holy. Shit.

ord33
08-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Where is the bill? Does anyone have a link? On all the previous important bills that were rammed through at the last minute, at least we were able to read them. Although, we had to shuffle through thousands (or at least many hundreds) of pages of crap.

Which leads to another question. Basically to the aides to the Congress write these bills with the assistance of attorney's or what? How do they realistically have this language put together in a matter of a day or two if they weren't drafted previously. With the talk of new proposal after new proposal, it amazes me they are able to write up such detailed documents in a short period of time. Especially with the inefficiency in government in everything else.

(On another note. C-SPAN now is just caller after caller whining about how they are scared to death about losing their SS, medicaid, etc, etc. It is so frustrating people are so uninformed!)

Anti Federalist
08-01-2011, 04:36 PM
So, what's the word here?

When is this WWF Cage Match coming to an end?

I thought Armageddon was tomorrow?

Original_Intent
08-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I just sat and watched Nancy Pelosi speak on the House floor. She talked about America's founding, the Constitution, and being responsible by not passing our debt on to our children. I don't know how much longer I can deal with this all peacefully. This lady has control (some) over my life and property. Holy. Shit.

+rep. Right there with ya. Bastiat in "The Law" warned about what happens when one portion of the population can vote money out of other people's pockets and into their own.

messana
08-01-2011, 04:47 PM
You know, I am really okay with the idea of economic collapse. I have come to accept it. The reality, when it comes, may be a different matter, but I am okay with the prospect. But this death of a thousand cuts where we inch and gyrate ever sOOOOOOOOO slowly towards the cliff is really excruciating! Either lurch over the edge or come to your senses America! Sheesh. Like watching a drunk tightrope walker.

I theory I would like to agree, but the lesson learned for most people will not be sound money and free markets but that we didn't tax the rich enough.

Chieppa1
08-01-2011, 04:50 PM
I kind of am rooting for collapse. Just not what i will rise from it. I don't trust the masses.

Seraphim
08-01-2011, 04:51 PM
It will be blamed on the free market too.

I think I'll go have a Unicorn steak now.

I theory I would like to agree, but the lesson learned for most people will not be sound money and free markets but that we didn't tax the rich enough.

Sematary
08-01-2011, 04:53 PM
I disagree. It has to pass or the economic consequences will be far beyond the pale. The real tragedy is that they did all this over money they already spent. Cut on future spending but you have to pay your bills if you already created them.

Original_Intent
08-01-2011, 04:57 PM

Prepare to be pissed.
Hilarious how the Democrats aren't voting...they want to make sure it passes, but they want to go on record as a No vote...pisses me off, they should require all votes be made without showing a running total.

ord33
08-01-2011, 05:07 PM
It passed.

jware
08-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Just passed the House. The idiots are actually applauding themselves for driving the U.S. closer to destruction...

asurfaholic
08-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Good for them :(

awake
08-01-2011, 05:13 PM
http://www.photobasement.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/hold-on-here-it-comes.jpg

Original_Intent
08-01-2011, 05:14 PM
And as a special treat, Obama raised Gabby Gifford from her sick bed to make sure the debt ceiling was raised. Say hallelujah.

Anti Federalist
08-01-2011, 05:17 PM
All hail our Glorious Leaders who, through tireless effort and superhuman sacrifice, have achieved the unachievable.

The sun will now rise in the morning.

angelatc
08-01-2011, 05:21 PM
And it may NOT pass.

Just opining.

TARP didn't pass the first time. Hell, the auto bailout didn't pass at all.

bunklocoempire
08-01-2011, 05:23 PM
And as a special treat, Obama raised Gabby Gifford from her sick bed to make sure the debt ceiling was raised. Say hallelujah.

.... and, she didn't see her shadow!

Looks like smooth sailing for the economy!

Woot! Happy Days! Congratulations everyone!

I was almost starting to worry!

Bunkl:mad:c:mad:

smithtg
08-01-2011, 05:23 PM
TARP didn't pass the first time. Hell, the auto bailout didn't pass at all.

but remember the BS the second time it passed? The media shitstorm? The world was going to end if the Banksters didnt get their bailout?

This was a gift to all the leeches of the government, no bones about it. Now we can all go to sleep until the election.....

AGRP
08-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Yay. The junkie gets another fix.

Invi
08-01-2011, 06:12 PM
What is this "we have to pay our bills" and "cut future spending" nonsense?
We are and will continue to pay our CURRENT bills without a debt ceiling raise. Worst case scenario for them, they stop doing things like spending 900 bucks on lightswitches.

Raising the debt ceiling allows them to incur NEW debt and NEW bills, with NEW interest.

I just.. I feel like beating my head into a brick wall. Maybe after my skull is sufficiently smashed, enough grey matter will ooze out so that I can understand how maxing out a fiftieth credit card is supposed to help us pay off the other 49.

headhawg7
08-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Yay. The junkie gets another fix.

Yep.....it's off to the nearest crack house!!! See...the debt ceiling was the real problem this country faced and not raising it would have made things much worse. The debt and deficits are good and healthy for the economy. Now that the debt ceiling has been raised we are on sound economic footing. As a matter of fact I am going to take all my $ out of commodities and buy treasurys!!! Good times are here again baby!!!!!

Sincerely,

P. Krugman

Ronulus
08-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Dear Government,

You have made my wet dreams come true.

Sincerely,

Ben Bernake