PDA

View Full Version : Who here lives in Houston?

RileyE104
08-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Just wondering what your opinion on "Fernando Herrera" is.

He will be running against Mayor Parker in the upcoming election this November.

I have yet to learn much about him other than he is in favor of turning the red-light cameras off. However, I don't really want to base my vote on that one subject because he could just be taking advantage of what he views as a popular opinion that could help him unseat Parker.

His website is http://www.votefernandoherrera.com, for those who haven't seen it yet.

There IS one other person running in the race too. His name is Kevin Simms, but from what I've heard, he has some sort of connection to Sheila Jackson Lee. He is also in favor of shutting the cameras off, but again, that could just be the populism speaking... It would be like Obama saying he's in favor of auditing the FED after Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination...

RileyE104
09-02-2011, 11:01 PM
bump

The election will be coming up after just two more months.

I found this video of a short radio interview with Mr. Herrera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KBRHqHzeEA

After listening I've become a little more inclined to actually support and vote for him instead of just sitting the election out.

Plus, it's not much of a call considering it's either him (close ties to 'Tea Party') or two Democrats; Kevin Simms or Mayor Parker.

kylejack
09-03-2011, 09:18 AM
I live in Houston. Parker has turned the cameras off again, though.

TexanRudeBoy
09-03-2011, 10:48 AM
What do "close ties to the tea party" mean? Bachman and Perry are called "tea party" candidates.

People on here to let this tea party crap go. It has no connection to what was started by Paul supporters years ago. Its simply become cover for neocons who can pay lip service to fiscally conservative principles.

RileyE104
09-03-2011, 07:59 PM
What do "close ties to the tea party" mean? Bachman and Perry are called "tea party" candidates.

That's my concern.

However, he was spotted at some Debra Medina rallies back in 2009/2010.