PDA

View Full Version : Colbert running as Dem - threat to RP? (seriously)

Madison
11-01-2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/31/colbert.sc/index.html?section=cnn_latest

It seems to me that he could recruit a lot of young voters who may otherwise vote for RP...

Perry
11-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Even if a million people were stupid enough to vote for him it still wouldn't have much of an impact.

RP4ME
11-01-2007, 12:58 PM
And some in SC have said hsi name will not be allowed on the ballot.

jaumen
11-01-2007, 01:00 PM
no, they will not let him on the ballot in SC because if he only intends to run in SC he is clearly not viable nationally. It's not going to happen.

Shink
11-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Only a threat in the 'dumbass 18-25' demographic*, most of whom would rather be tanning or toking than voting. No worries.

*I'm 23, I refer only to the flash in the pan pop cuture worshipping conformists of my age group.

njandrewg
11-01-2007, 01:17 PM
a) he is running in SC which means by then NH and IA primaries would have happened and people started to find out about RP message
b) he is running in SC only and on Dem ticket, everyone realizes its a joke so he'll mainly steal votes from other dems
c) he said on his show that by law he is only able to spend $5,000 on his campaign and still advertise it on his show

speciallyblend
11-01-2007, 01:34 PM
If people actually vote for colbert ,then they were not worth our time anyway.They are dumb if they do,Colbert is only running to mock the system and increase his press and media numbers,no other reason.

so i wouldnt worry about the dumbasses ,ooo by the way even cannabis lovers wouldnt vote for colbert they are already voting for RON PAUL.

i did notice someone bad mouthing pot smokers,well if thats the case only dumb people drink since that kills more then all drugs combined, so alcohol users are democrats and neo-con republicans,there all drunks,no need to stereotype,thats my point;)
Marijuana smokers work 40-65 hrs aweek and snowboard 150 days a year and raft and mtn bike another 60 days ,how do i know? because i love my brownies:):),being a dj(turntablist) id pick a cookie(special) over a beer anyday. cookies cant kill you,alcohol can;)

Drknows
11-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Haha we should make some attack ads against Colbert!! Colbert Vs Ron Paul!

Maybe he will put them on his show? :D

Adamsa
11-01-2007, 01:40 PM
I like him and think he's funny, but really, only a dumbass would vote for him.

James R
11-01-2007, 01:40 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/31/colbert.sc/index.html?section=cnn_latest

It seems to me that he could recruit a lot of young voters who may otherwise vote for RP...

The type of person who would vote for Colbert really thinks whoever is in office has no real impact on things. The type of person who would vote for Paul knows that the people in office is everything that matters, even if they were previously apathetic about actually making a difference about who is in office.

njandrewg
11-01-2007, 01:44 PM
apparently the DNC has refused to put him on the ballot

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (CNN) — The South Carolina Democratic Party voted Thursday to keep comedian Stephen Colbert's name off the Democratic Primary ballot, according to Executive Director Joe Werner.

This essentially means that Colbert’s short lived White House run in the Palmetto State will come to an end, because he has said that he would not try to be placed on the Republican Party primary ballot.

The state party's executive council met this afternoon in Columbia to decide which Democratic candidates met the criteria to be placed on the ballot. To be placed on the South Carolina ballot a candidate must demonstrate national viability as well as campaign in the state.

Colbert, who officially filed papers to get on the ballot this morning, lost a roll call vote, 13-3.

Meanwhile, presidential long shots, Rep. Dennis Kucinich and former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel, made the cut.

State Democratic Party Chairwoman Carol Fowler suggested Wednesday that Colbert does not meet the standard of national viability.

"He does not appear to be campaigning to win if he is only running in one state," she said.

syborius
11-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Im registering (D) for dumbass and voting for the C nation.

kylebrotherton
11-01-2007, 03:59 PM
C'mon. You know this is a joke, right? He's gonna pull out before the vote.

werdd
11-01-2007, 04:01 PM
The democratic party voted down his canidacy 13-3. Colbert will not be on the ballot.

Duckman
11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Is he already locked for the Republican ballot? He was planning to run as both.

jacmicwag
11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
He'll probably stay in as a write-in.

speciallyblend
11-01-2007, 04:44 PM
IT'S A JOKE PEOPLE,if you dont get that,then you need help,the whole thing is a joke from start to finish,geez suckers

Bob Cochran
11-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Please you guys, Colbert is not running a serious campaign.

Kregener
11-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Colbert is NOT serious about it.

Relax.

werdd
11-01-2007, 05:16 PM
he just set himself up to lose so that he can rant tonight i bet.. im gonna be tuning in as always and ill let everyonek now