Napoleon's Shadow
07-31-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4VgOXvESGo

Dorfsmith
07-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Excellent!

MozoVote
07-31-2011, 12:06 PM
Been waiting for someone to make this point. There are serious editorials saying "Let's just get rid of the debt ceiling". That does not solve the problem of what creditors think of our *ability to pay*. With no debt limit, we would just run into the next wall - the interest rates that are implicit with a high debt load.

flightlesskiwi
07-31-2011, 03:26 PM
gotta love Peter Schiff. he explains things so clearly and with precision. no fear mongering, just the facts.

libertybrewcity
07-31-2011, 03:46 PM
bump

asurfaholic
07-31-2011, 04:08 PM
I am glad we have a couple people telling the truth about our actual dollar crisis. The government is lying so bad to the people about this that it is really scary. Not scary about what will happen financially, but scary about what will our government do next?

We need Ron/Rand Paul and others who are willing to stand up for whats right to directly accuse Obama and the establishment of lying to America. They need to present the alternative to raising the debt ceiling - cut spending drastically. They need to reinforce that our crisis will only get worse if we dont fix the problem. The surest way to be heard is to directly accuse the president of lying, treason, or anything that will captivate the public and the media. Make an ad detailing whats crazier- ron paul predicting a crisis or the president knowlingly making a crisis worse by lying about it.

Travlyr
08-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I am glad we have a couple people telling the truth about our actual dollar crisis. The government is lying so bad to the people about this that it is really scary. Not scary about what will happen financially, but scary about what will our government do next?

We need Ron/Rand Paul and others who are willing to stand up for whats right to directly accuse Obama and the establishment of lying to America. They need to present the alternative to raising the debt ceiling - cut spending drastically. They need to reinforce that our crisis will only get worse if we dont fix the problem. The surest way to be heard is to directly accuse the president of lying, treason, or anything that will captivate the public and the media. Make an ad detailing whats crazier- ron paul predicting a crisis or the president knowlingly making a crisis worse by lying about it.

Well said.

mello
08-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Is it just me or has Schiff been getting less airtime on MSM networks lately?

bwlibertyman
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Rand used to push this argument. He would say often that he wants to cut now so that we don't lose everything later.

Eric21ND
08-01-2011, 05:26 PM
I hardly ever see him anymore. He used to be on weekly.

MozoVote
08-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I have seen some other speakers from Euro Pacific Capital get airplay though.

Maybe Schiff is putting more time into his next book.

headhawg7
08-01-2011, 06:05 PM

Not just you. He used to be on fastmoney alot. He would be on kudlow from time to time.

Shane Harris
08-01-2011, 06:08 PM
schiff for vp

Koz
08-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Nice post.

MJU1983
08-01-2011, 07:48 PM
I love Peter Schiff... <3

dean.engelhardt
08-01-2011, 07:57 PM
He really isn't in the senate?

MJU1983
08-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Judge Nap just posted this on Facebook:

One thing to be learned from this debt fight? Schiff happens. Peter Schiff (http://www.facebook.com/PeterSchiff) http://bit.ly/qD840n

Investment guru Peter Schiff explains why he says the kabuki theater over the debt limit doesn’t matter, and why Americans are going to get hit hard by a hidden tax once the U.S. starts borrowing profligately again.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1090172254001/schiff-happens/

GreenBulldog
08-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Debt TARGET, not debt ceiling...How true. Well said.

Theocrat
08-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Well, the problem isn't the debt ceiling; the problem is the debt itself. I mean, if anything, the ceiling would be a solution, if it was actually real. The problem is it's not really a ceiling; it's more like a target that, you know, the government tries to hit the debt ceiling target, and then as soon as they hit it, they raise the target so they can hit it again.

Man, I love how Peter Schiff adequately sees the fundamental problem with this whole debt ceiling debacle, and he explains it like none of our politicians (except Ron and Rand Paul, of course) can.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-02-2011, 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX52UkQYJTA

Deft9
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
On his radio show, Schiff said some Fox News people were not happy about the youtube video "Peter Schiff was right" which makes them look foolish and that's why they don't have him on. He said he didn't make the video and it's not his fault that they were wrong. He's still on a decent amount. You can catch his clips on the europac.net multimedia section and probably on his youtube channel.

headhawg7
08-02-2011, 10:20 PM
On his radio show, Schiff said some Fox News people were not happy about the youtube video "Peter Schiff was right" which makes them look foolish and that's why they don't have him on. He said he didn't make the video and it's not his fault that they were wrong. He's still on a decent amount. You can catch his clips on the europac.net multimedia section and probably on his youtube channel.
He was on freedom watch last night. He was on another show on FBN just a couple days before. His appearances on CNBC have gone down as well. I think they are tired of being proved wrong.

Travlyr
08-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Old Thread, but I just found this quote from Obama on raising the debt ceiling and also found it interesting that the Democrats were the ones opposing raising the debt ceiling in 2006.

Obama Quote on Raising Debt Limit (2006) (http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/barackobama/a/Obama-Quote-Debt-Limit.htm)
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a Sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. ...Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that 'the buck stops here'. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and Grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

SENATOR BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, MARCH 2006

The above quote consists of two excerpts from a long speech delivered by Barack Obama during a Senate debate over raising the national debt limit on March 16, 2006. Along with his entire party, Senator Obama voted against the increase, which passed nonetheless with overwhelming Republican support.

President Obama says he regrets having taken that stand. "He realizes now," explained White House spokesman Jay Carney in a statement to the press on April 11, 2011, "that raising the debt ceiling is so important to the health of this economy and the global economy that it is not a vote that, even when you are protesting an administration's policies, you can play around with."

As of 2011, the shoe is on the other foot.