PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE!! I am begging whoever runs the RP2012 and RPMoneybombHQ facebook pages....

RileyE104
07-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Please promote the August 3rd Moneybomb and week-long "pre-Ames" push!!!!!!!!!

If you guys don't promote this so all of the people who are usually invited to the moneybombs can be properly informed, then this will simply be nothing more than a RonPaulForums event....

I have done everything I can do to promote this but I don't have the same resources as the people who run these very important pages. The ball is in your court now. If we are to act in compliance with the campaign's official letter asking for an influx of funds before the Ames straw poll, then this is what needs to be promoted and NOW. We've already lost precious time.. It needs to be promoted by this evening so we can have two full days (August 1st and 2nd) to spread the word in a proper manner and then keep that word out ALL week leading up to Ames.

Join this facebook event page!!! ----> http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=235767306462794

This entire idea was debated in full ALL day on Saturday. There were absolutely NO negative comments except for one criticizing the campaign asking for money again. Since then, the only negative comments I've seen is that the 3rd is being associated with Calvin Coolidge... Semantics aside, the campaign called upon us and I for one couldn't wait any longer while people debated what our next course of action should be. I understand there was a big push for August 20th to be the next moneybomb, but everybody should understand that we are now working within the parameters of a request made by the campaign. This is an urgent matter and the main Ron Paul outlets such as these facebook pages as well as Daily Paul need to start promoting this if this is to make it outside RPF.

Secondly, I don't believe that "failure" is a factor.. If we don't raise a lot of money on the 3rd, that's OK because we still have an entire week to raise as much as we can for the campaign. THAT is the goal. To give the campaign as much as we can give them in order for them to be prepared for AND immediately after Ames.

If this isn't picked up by any of the major outlets of this movement then fine... This is the last time I stick my head out in such a way.

LibertyEagle
07-31-2011, 11:04 AM
You might want to post this on the Daily Paul too.

By the way, thank you for sticking your head out. :)

RileyE104
07-31-2011, 11:12 AM
You might want to post this on the Daily Paul too.

I posted on Daily Paul yesterday asking them to front-page the video I made but they still haven't.

And thanks for your comment. I was starting to regret asking mods to put this on the front page of RPF.

I'm willing to put my reputation here on the line for this because the campaign is asking for $1,400,000 before Ames, so I feel like what I'm asking is basically what the campaign wants from us.. We need to do everything we can to help them get what they need. There's a huge feeling among people that it's impossible.. But we can't let that discourage us from actually trying something, otherwise we really are doomed to failure. I don't see not meeting their "goal" of $1.4-million as being a failure. We at least need to make an attempt at raising as much as we can in the hopes of meeting what they asked for. If August 3rd is a "dud" then that's still OK in my opinion because we still have a full week to raise funds.

LibertyEagle
07-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Riley, was it you who was asking who made the Ready-Ames-Fire website? Because if it was, I thought MrRockEd did.

RileyE104
07-31-2011, 11:33 AM
Riley, was it you who was asking who made the Ready-Ames-Fire website? Because if it was, I thought MrRockEd did.

Well, I figured it would be good to have a site people can go to for information about this, but we're already losing time fast so IDK how effective that would be. Right now the video combined with front page on RPF is what's driving this thing. It would be a tremendous help if Daily Paul and the important facebook pages started to promote this. Otherwise a website wont even matter because it's still just a RPF event.

Paulatized
07-31-2011, 02:03 PM
What about taking one of the Iowa Projects for each day starting on the 3rd and ending the day before the debate? It would start with the small projects and end with the big one. Maybe this would build interest across the 10 days up to the debate then go into an after a first or second place win in Iowa and on up to his birthday?

Riley, what about this idea? I posted it on another thread but wanted to bump this one anyway so I reposted it. I don't understand why this is not being picked up. Even if we just fill the projects between now and the debate, that would be nearly three quarters of a million and then with an after debate surge and then an good Iowa Straw Poll placement we could move it on up to 1.5 by this birthday. But it needs to get some traction soon.

And we won't even need a separate ticker, it can be monitored on the Projects page, it updates instantly.

And thanks for getting this going.

KCIndy
07-31-2011, 02:09 PM

Yeah, what LE said! ^^^^

Never be afraid to speak up.

I know that for every idea presented around here there will be a few dozen people who will be happy to tell you why it won't work, but try not to let that sort of negativity stop you. If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to listen.

RileyE104
07-31-2011, 02:45 PM
What about taking one of the Iowa Projects for each day starting on the 3rd and ending the day before the debate? It would start with the small projects and end with the big one. Maybe this would build interest across the 10 days up to the debate then go into an after a first or second place win in Iowa and on up to his birthday?

Riley, what about this idea? I posted it on another thread but wanted to bump this one anyway so I reposted it. I don't understand why this is not being picked up. Even if we just fill the projects between now and the debate, that would be nearly three quarters of a million and then with an after debate surge and then an good Iowa Straw Poll placement we could move it on up to 1.5 by this birthday. But it needs to get some traction soon.

And we won't even need a separate ticker, it can be monitored on the Projects page, it updates instantly.

And thanks for getting this going.

I'm strongly in favor of funding the Iowa projects. I posted a video for it awhile back but was largely ignored.

Paulatized
07-31-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm strongly in favor of funding the Iowa projects. I posted a video for it awhile back but was largely ignored.

Yeah, I made several suggestions in that direction before the last money bomb, it would have been a good match and we probably would have filled them to the tune of 700,000 instead of the 500,000 we ended up with. Even now I really think it is a missed opportunity to create interest in giving in a variation of the money bomb over 10 days, watching each project getting checked off before the debate and straw poll. But it has to be specifically promoted to give on that site to complete the projects instead of giving on the rp2012 site.

RileyE104
07-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I made several suggestions in that direction before the last money bomb, it would have been a good match and we probably would have filled them to the tune of 700,000 instead of the 500,000 we ended up with. Even now I really think it is a missed opportunity to create interest in giving in a variation of the money bomb over 10 days, watching each project getting checked off before the debate and straw poll. But it has to be specifically promoted to give on that site to complete the projects instead of giving on the rp2012 site.

Apparently this isn't good enough to gain traction with Daily Paul and the facebook pages that usually do the moneybombs... I guess they don't care about the campaign's letter asking for $1,400,000 as soon as possible, preferably before Ames.

Paulatized
07-31-2011, 03:26 PM
It could be promoted as the "10 Day Fund Iowa Marathon" or "Fund Iowa 10 Day Marathon"