PDA

View Full Version : Information Regarding the Philadelphia Rally

abstrusezincate
11-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Good Afternoon,

I want to clear up some of the confusion regarding the Philadelphia Rally.

First, let me tell you the rally has not been cancelled. There will still be a rally in the Philadelphia area on November 10th. The venue is being moved.

The rally will not be held at Independence Mall as originally planned. There were a number of concerns that caused the campaign to look to select an alternate location. Several options are being considered in that area and details should be forthcoming extremely shortly.

At the moment, I have no additional details to offer, but I will tell you the campaign is still having a large event in the Philadelphia area and everyone will be welcome to attend.

As the state coordinator for Pennsylvania for the campaign, I hope this will serve to answer some of your questions. I'll be checking back on this thread in a few hours to try to clarify anything related to this matter. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you where it will be held at this moment.

Please stay tuned to the national website for information.

Thanks,
Tom Kawczynski

McDermit
11-01-2007, 12:17 PM
So what's being done to get the word out about the change to the 50,000 around the state people who have recieved flyers with the location listed as Independence Mall? These people likely aren't subsribed to the campaign site, and they certainly don't read these boards.

terlinguatx
11-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Good Afternoon,

I want to clear up some of the confusion regarding the Philadelphia Rally.

First, let me tell you the rally has not been cancelled. There will still be a rally in the Philadelphia area on November 10th. The venue is being moved.

The rally will not be held at Independence Mall as originally planned. There were a number of concerns that caused the campaign to look to select an alternate location. Several options are being considered in that area and details should be forthcoming extremely shortly.

At the moment, I have no additional details to offer, but I will tell you the campaign is still having a large event in the Philadelphia area and everyone will be welcome to attend.

As the state coordinator for Pennsylvania for the campaign, I hope this will serve to answer some of your questions. I'll be checking back on this thread in a few hours to try to clarify anything related to this matter. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you where it will be held at this moment.

Please stay tuned to the national website for information.

Thanks,
Tom Kawczynski

Thanks for the update, a few questions.

Why was it moved?

Is the campaign aware of the thousands of dollars and man hours spent promoting the Rally at the independence mall?

Are they aware of the number of media outlets expecting it to be at the independence mall, and the value of the media attention it would've received and the symbolism of the liberty bell?

me3
11-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Wouldn't it make sense to have a new venue before the existing venue is changed?

This is basically the same set of information people have been discussing for hours. It's not cancelled, but no one know why it is being moved, where it is being moved, or what time it will be at.

Please return soon with some hard information. Telling people that things are changing but no one knows how or why just breeds more confusion and disinformation.

Primbs
11-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Does anyone have a confirmed permit for Independence Hall for a rally?

slantedview
11-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Tom, the change is not acceptable after all of the effort that has been placed into the original venue, and particularly not this close to the event.

There were a number of concerns

There is NO excuse great enough to warrant a change, certainly not money. Do not understimate the financial value of the tremendous effort that has been given in support of the rally at the planned location.

There is no excuse for moving it, and furthermore, doing so violates all of the grassroots effort that has been put into the rally at the planned location. I must firmly ask that the campaign quickly straighten this out, and announce that the rally will be held at Liberty Mall, AS PLANNED.

There is no excuse. Make it happen.

terlinguatx
11-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Also, if money is a problem, which it shouldn't be because this rally should generate tons of free media attention:

Why not hold a pre-rally fundraiser brunch at $250 - $500 a head like Paul does at other major events. A little champagne, orange juice, and scrapple :)

UtahApocalypse
11-01-2007, 12:26 PM
LARGE media were planning to attend at the mall. Now they may look at us as a joke that don't know what anyone is doing. I doubt we get any coverage of the event at this point. This time the campaign blew it.

McDermit
11-01-2007, 12:27 PM

YES. Bob and Andy got the permit ages ago. Bob relinquished it to the campaign a couple weeks ago at their request. So HQ has the permit.

ACJohn
11-01-2007, 12:49 PM
The fact that my wife and I both took off from work for this, and made arrangements for other personal items to be taken care of for the day should not be taken into account by the campaign when deciding to change this event. I am glad I live close enough that it is not a big inconvenience to change my plans. Now, I can use the Nov. 5th money to take my wife out shopping on the 10th.

Last minute plan changes go both ways,

John

slantedview
11-01-2007, 12:52 PM
The fact that my wife and I both took off from work for this, and made arrangements for other personal items to be taken care of for the day should not be taken into account by the campaign when deciding to change this event. I am glad I live close enough that it is not a big inconvenience to change my plans. Now, I can use the Nov. 5th money to take my wife out shopping on the 10th.

Last minute plan changes go both ways,

John
This statement is all the campaign needs to know about how foolish this move is.

James R
11-01-2007, 12:56 PM
There were a number of concerns that caused the campaign to look to select an alternate location.

Tom, your comment "There were a number of concerns" actually doesn't mean anything. Its offensive. Explain how this was messed up. Don't pretend oh it was just concerns. Its insulting to act as an answer is being provided but in fact you are just keeping us completely in the dark.

James R
11-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Tom, I just called the campaign headquarters and so far "excessive costs" is the only specific I'm getting. I'm told "its complicated". How much does it cost and why is it complicated?

abstrusezincate
11-01-2007, 01:11 PM
I will answer those questions that I can, to the best of my ability. Please understand that I was not responsible for this decision, and therefore, I cannot attest to all the reasons behind it. This decision was made by the national campaign, and I have just been helping to try to make this event happen on the ground.

I am certain that they will be making clear their thoughts in short order, and that this will answer your inquiries.

The reason why I chose to make this information known is because I am intimately aware of all the money and effort of the supporters on the ground to promote the event, and I did not wish to see any more money lost in promoting an event that is not happening. In that, I made that decision on a personal level, and perhaps it might have been better if the campaign had time to issue a more complete press release first.

The campaign has to balance many concerns and resources, and sometimes, there are decisions that are made that are controversial. This appears to be one of them.

Please understand that I am very limited in what I can say, and that I cannot provide additional details about the site because I am not aware of what those choices will be. I have heard comments, but in the interests of everyone involved, I think it safer to wait until something else is announced for public release before putting anything else out there.

As regards the many thousands of manhours that went in to this event, I am keenly aware of those because I have been involved in them myself. Whatever the venue, we should do everything we can to make this a great event, and I hope everyone will come and make this a great rally, where Ron can spread his message successfully.

kylejack
11-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Edit: Removing this for now.

walt
11-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Tom,
This is a bizarre bastion of secrecy in what has been a fairly open and honest campaign. I understand you're limited in what you can say, and that's understandable. Can't the Communications Director give us his explanation of what's going on, if even without whatever details need to be kept secret? Can Jesse give us some sort of bone to gnaw on so that the sensible among us can try to calm people down? Was the acquisition of the venue bungled/delayed too long? Did someone else get the venue before us? Were they trying to charge borderline extortionary prices for setup? Did other parties intervene to prevent us from using the venue? I mean, this bombshell comes ten days out from when the event is supposed to happen? And even then, we only find out about it because you go out on a limb for us and let us know (thank you for that, by the way)?

Its just that I have a hard time imagining another candidate's campaign staff making a major change like this ten days before what is supposed to be a huge event.

what he said...this secrecy is worrisome, is this how Ron would govern? It raises the question. This campaign was built from bottom up support - recently it's being held back by backward top-down thinking. Change or become obsolete and disband.

McDermit
11-01-2007, 01:52 PM
This is bullshit.

Had HQ not taken the rally from us, we would have had 5000+ people there with OR WITHOUT RP being present. We would have raised whatever money we needed and it all would have been handled.

And now the whole thing is fucked because some talking head at HQ decides it's a bad idea? Someone seriously needs to be fired over this.

dsentell
11-01-2007, 01:53 PM
what he said...this secrecy is worrisome, is this how Ron would govern? It raises the question. This campaign was built from bottom up support - recently it's being held back by backward top-down thinking. Change or become obsolete and disband.

Exactly my thoughts. This ordered move is a slap in the face to the thousands who have worked tirelessly to organize this event. Apparently, we little people do not even deserve to be given an explanation.

Who has hijacked Ron Paul's campaign ? :mad:

TheEvilDetector
11-01-2007, 02:02 PM
I will answer those questions that I can, to the best of my ability. Please understand that I was not responsible for this decision, and therefore, I cannot attest to all the reasons behind it. This decision was made by the national campaign, and I have just been helping to try to make this event happen on the ground.

I am certain that they will be making clear their thoughts in short order, and that this will answer your inquiries.

The reason why I chose to make this information known is because I am intimately aware of all the money and effort of the supporters on the ground to promote the event, and I did not wish to see any more money lost in promoting an event that is not happening. In that, I made that decision on a personal level, and perhaps it might have been better if the campaign had time to issue a more complete press release first.

The campaign has to balance many concerns and resources, and sometimes, there are decisions that are made that are controversial. This appears to be one of them.

Please understand that I am very limited in what I can say, and that I cannot provide additional details about the site because I am not aware of what those choices will be. I have heard comments, but in the interests of everyone involved, I think it safer to wait until something else is announced for public release before putting anything else out there.

As regards the many thousands of manhours that went in to this event, I am keenly aware of those because I have been involved in them myself. Whatever the venue, we should do everything we can to make this a great event, and I hope everyone will come and make this a great rally, where Ron can spread his message successfully.

Wouldn't the above be equivalent to "I have nothing to say" ?

TheEvilDetector
11-01-2007, 02:03 PM

This is what always happens. Eventually things become bureaucratised.

dsentell
11-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Wouldn't the above be equivalent to "I have nothing to say" ?

Exactly, sounds just like the usual political BS.

This is not Ron Paul.

So, again, I ask, who hijacked the campaign ...........

LibertyEagle
11-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Guys, just wait to see what they say. Maybe it will all make sense when we hear the reasons.

specsaregood
11-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Guys, just wait to see what they say. Maybe it will all make sense when we hear the reasons.

Maybe they got the impression that TOO MANY people would show up for the venue.

It sucks that we do not have valid information to tell people. And have misinformed a LOT of people. But all we can do is wait for them to tell us where it will be.

Green Mountain Boy
11-01-2007, 02:08 PM

I hope so, but the only way it would make sense to me is if it was something outside their control. They only said there were "concerns" :(

Nefertiti
11-01-2007, 02:13 PM
It would be a lot better if they just said everything or kept quiet until they could. I'm reserving judgment about the event until I know more but what has gone down today was simply not good.

LibertyEagle
11-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I agree. It should have been kept under wraps until the campaign was ready to announce the new location and the reasons for it.

McDermit
11-01-2007, 02:19 PM
At the same time though, Tom wanted us to stop promoting the wrong location... so in case it takes HQ a couple days worth of shitting around to get everything straight, at least we know not to order more flyers with the wrong location.

:rolleyes:

brandon
11-01-2007, 02:26 PM
The biggest concern has not been addressed yet.

There are 10,000's of people who recieved an invitation to independance mall to listen to Dr Paul. These people have no way of being notified about the change, and will still be coming to Independance mall. Additionally, several major and minor media outlets will be coming to independance mall. Are you aware of the terrible publicity when the media see's 1000's of people at independance mall and no Dr. Paul? Dateline, Nick News, local NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS, local newspapers, independant media,and others will all be going to independance mall to cover the rally. This is a disaster of PR waiting to happen.

The only solution for damage control is to have the rally as planned at Independance Mall. Make it happen.

Nefertiti
11-01-2007, 02:27 PM
True, but if the campaign didn't have the staff to deal with these issues any earlier than this, then perhaps it should have been left in the grassroots' hands.

I find the lack of communication about venue odd though. When Ron Paul was coming to Chicago the campaign was paying for the rally but they solicited our suggestions on location through our Meetup leader and we were all publicly able to give our input.

LibertyEagle
11-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I am sincerely hoping the campaign has very good reasons for what is going on right now and that they will be forthcoming very soon.

McDermit
11-01-2007, 02:34 PM
The biggest concern has not been addressed yet.

There are 10,000's of people who recieved an invitation to independance mall to listen to Dr Paul. These people have no way of being notified about the change, and will still be coming to Independance mall. Additionally, several major and minor media outlets will be coming to independance mall. Are you aware of the terrible publicity when the media see's 1000's of people at independance mall and no Dr. Paul? Dateline, Nick News, local NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS, local newspapers, independant media,and others will all be going to independance mall to cover the rally. This is a disaster of PR waiting to happen.

The only solution for damage control is to have the rally as planned at Independance Mall. Make it happen.

More than 10k have recieved them. We were printing our own long before the "official" one was printed by the philly group.

This is going to be fucked if held anywhere other than Indy Mall.

walt
11-01-2007, 02:34 PM
This is what always happens. Eventually things become bureaucratised.

well then I guess the revolution is over. :mad:

Bossobass
11-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Bummer.

I had made all the arrangements to fly myself and 3 others to, Philly including accomodations and local travel, at my expense, for a rally that could have attracted international attention and presented our candidate in the most Presidential fashion.

If it's true that the reason for deciding to move the event to some cornfield is based mainly on money...the $50K neighborhood thereof...I have to say that someone is in charge of the wrong department.

I'm aware of the cost and logistical concerns by information from those involved and by past experience in staging major events in large, let's say 'blue state' urban venues. It is what it is. If you want the media attention and the where-it-all-began backdrop, you deal with hurdles that are entailed in such an endeavor.

I obviously would have gladly spent whatever it took to get myself and 3 others to such a momentous rally, but I have many other choices in South Carolina, a critical and fast approaching primary state, for smaller venue rallies if the 'Philly rally' is going to be held in a smaller, less known venue...period.

Tom is a hard worker for this campaign and a smart guy who I'm thrilled to see on our side.

Bizman is a personal friend for 35 years who has staged events for Reagan, Bush Sr., Bill Clinton and countless others over the years. If I were heading up an effort to stage a major political rally to present to the media and the world in a major city like Philly, he would be the guy I would consult, and I would trust everything he told me.

It blows to see so much ignorance directed at those two guys who I know have worked tirelessly to iron out the details of such a mammoth undertaking, providing a professional 3 camera crew, major sound system, proper media feeds, a real stage with jumbo screen, lapel mics, etc., dealing with Teamsters, stage hands and all of the other particulars.

Again, bummer. But, let's ease up on Biz and Tom, eh? I appreciate the soonest word of the change of venue. I still wouldn't be aware of this change in venue if it weren't for their posts in this forum. Please, Biz and Tom, let me know more details through this thread as you become aware of it, and thanks for the heads up to this point.

Bosso

kylejack
11-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I guess the best solution we can hope for is to construct some signs to hold up advising people of the new location, once we know what it is. 5 or 10 people re-directing traffic should be enough for full coverage. Getting some printouts of maps to get to the new location would be helpful as well.

LibertyEagle
11-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Folks, Walt is going from thread-to-thread saying the Revolution is over. He was doing the same type of BS about the 1st TV ad in New Hampshire.

What I want to know is... what's up with this guy named Walt? What is he up to?

KewlRonduderules
11-01-2007, 02:49 PM
well then I guess the revolution is over. :mad:

Let's wait and see what the campaign says. Have you ever thought about the reason they are not saying everything? Maybe because they do not have everything set in stone and they are working to get it in order.

What if they tell you something else and then it turns out to be false again? I can only imagine how I would feel.

Maybe Tom does not have all the information and people are scrambling to get this in order. The waiting and the anticipation is creating much anxiety for me too. But we have to wait and see what happens.

Once they give us the official word, then we take it from there.
;)

Nefertiti
11-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm not judging the outcome until I know it, but the half-information that has been put out today serves only to spread FUD.

McDermit
11-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Folks, Walt is going from thread-to-thread saying the Revolution is over. He was doing the same type of BS about the 1st TV ad in New Hampshire.

I've noticed him more than a few times in threads over the past month or two. Never anything that was worth pointing a finger at, but it was stuff that sort of jumped out at me as being a bit "off."

walt
11-01-2007, 02:57 PM

I'm tired of having great presidential campaigns run into the ground by top-down idiots that have zero clue what they are doing.

The irony is that they wouldn't have been hired if it wasn't for us.

P.S. Take your personal attacks and shove em Liberty Eagle - if you want to debte facts with me go ahead. Right now you don't have any so you are resorting to childish name calling.

KewlRonduderules
11-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm tired of having great presidential campaigns run into the ground by top-down idiots that have zero clue what they are doing.

The irony is that they wouldn't have been hired if it wasn't for us.

P.S. Take your personal attacks and shove em Liberty Eagle - if you want to debte facts with me go ahead. Right now you don't have any so you are resorting to childish name calling.

Read what I said above.

;)

walt
11-01-2007, 02:59 PM

I'm not going to thread to thread. There are too many thread because nobody on these forums respects forum ediquette.

Leslie Webb
11-01-2007, 03:04 PM
I am willing to suspend judgment until I hear HQ's reason-- it could be for security or some other reason that the campaign cannot make public. However, if the venue change is for cost reasons or someone at HQ hung up over their 'little brief authority,' the decision reeks.

LibertyEagle
11-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm not going to thread to thread. There are too many thread because nobody on these forums respects forum ediquette.

You have posted it twice, Walt, within about 5 minutes of each other.

walt
11-01-2007, 03:13 PM
You have posted it twice, Walt, within about 5 minutes of each other.

that is because there is multiple threads on this subject. Blame the root cause, not the symptom.

Bryan
11-01-2007, 03:13 PM
OK everyone, lets please respects forum ediquette. ? :)

walt
11-01-2007, 03:18 PM
OK everyone, lets please respects forum ediquette. ? :)

Troll ;):D

LibertyEagle
11-01-2007, 03:31 PM
that is because there is multiple threads on this subject. Blame the root cause, not the symptom.

I did. That is why I called you on your actions. Stop going around telling everyone the revolution is over.

walt
11-01-2007, 03:53 PM
I did. That is why I called you on your actions. Stop going around telling everyone the revolution is over.

Quit acting like you some higher power - your not. The revolution is over. :p

LibertyEagle
11-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Quit acting like you some higher power - your not. The revolution is over. :p

Hey, big boy, mr. all seeing, all knowing, demander that the campaign should ok all their actions through you. The word is "you're", not "your". ;)

Cheers.

walt
11-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Hey, big boy, mr. all seeing, all knowing, demander that the campaign should ok all their actions through you. The word is "you're", not "your". ;)

Cheers.

not me, us. start listening and ignore my splllllin :p

LibertyEagle
11-01-2007, 04:30 PM
not me, us. start listening and ignore my splllllin :p

Yes, Walt, we have all heard you claim to have such fantastic knowledge that the campaign should consult you. Yet, when you are asked what that knowledge or experience is, the silence is deafening. :D

me3
11-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I wish the two of you would kiss and make up. Or get a room. :D ;)

Hurricane Bruiser
11-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Well if the Campaign HQ is going to have a different venue, then I feel they should return the Mall permit back to the grassroots and we'll have a rally anyway. This last minute change is mindless.

walt
11-01-2007, 05:28 PM
I called HQ again - they say that a version has been written and hopefully if all goes well it will be on the official site in 1 hour from now. (per Andrew for those who must know)

eyeswideopen
11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Geez – this is neverending …

Listen, I’m one of the folks that has a flight booked for my husband and I. I have hotel reservations. Frankly, I don’t give a d@mn where its at as long as I can get to it. I WANT TO SUPPORT MY CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT!

This isn’t about me … it’s about a future for my grandchildren.

Glad to hear HQ will finalize things soon. The mistake was made in releasing the news of 'changes' w/o having definite plans. This is why they have played their cards close to their chest all day. They can't tell us anything without people flipping out, justified or not.

Sematary
11-01-2007, 05:35 PM

Yes.

KewlRonduderules
11-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Geez Ė this is neverending Ö

Listen, Iím one of the folks that has a flight booked for my husband and I. I have hotel reservations. Frankly, I donít give a d@mn where its at as long as I can get to it. I WANT TO SUPPORT MY CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT!

This isnít about me Ö itís about a future for my grandchildren.

Glad to hear HQ will finalize things soon. The mistake was made in releasing the news of 'changes' w/o having definite plans. This is why they have played their cards close to their chest all day. They can't tell us anything without people flipping out, justified or not.

Well spoken! Thank you!!!

Glad to have you aboard!

:)

brandon
11-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Geez – this is neverending …

Listen, I’m one of the folks that has a flight booked for my husband and I. I have hotel reservations. Frankly, I don’t give a d@mn where its at as long as I can get to it. I WANT TO SUPPORT MY CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT!

This isn’t about me … it’s about a future for my grandchildren.

Well said. Glad to have you at these forums.

The reason I will flip out over any change at all is because I have personally handed invitations to over 2000 people. Many of these people will show up at indy mall expecting a rally on the 10th.

freelance
11-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by eyeswideopen View Post

Welcome to our little corner of the world. :D

NinjaPirate
11-01-2007, 05:41 PM

Listen, Iím one of the folks that has a flight booked for my husband and I. I have hotel reservations. Frankly, I donít give a d@mn where its at as long as I can get to it. I WANT TO SUPPORT MY CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT!

This isnít about me Ö itís about a future for my grandchildren.

Welcome to the boards! We need more optimism around here, haha. :D

walt
11-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I called HQ again - they say that a version has been written and hopefully if all goes well it will be on the official site in 1 hour from now. (per Andrew for those who must know)

well they lied again...almost 2 hours now :mad:

Primbs
11-01-2007, 07:21 PM
I believe the permits will still be in the original name. The National Park service will have extra copies of the permit. Just because you don't have the permits doesn't mean you can get a replacement copy.

Unless you cancelled the first permit it should still be in effect.

If another rally is held at U Penn some people can see Ron Paul there, and other people can see Ron Paul at Independence Hall.

If fact Ron Paul could lead a march from the university to Indepedence Hall.

It has been done before.

Mandrik
11-01-2007, 07:24 PM

"...if all goes well it will be on the official site in 1 hour from now..."

Maybe all isn't going well at the moment? Relax.

KewlRonduderules
11-01-2007, 07:25 PM

Take it easy! Be patient. Sometimes these things take time.

It really does not help to say that.

:(

LibertyEagle
11-01-2007, 07:26 PM

No, they didn't lie, Walt. Read your own statement!

I guess it didn't all go well.

Stop trying to stir up shit, Walt. It IS what you do best, we all know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by walt

slantedview
11-01-2007, 07:32 PM
VALLEY FORGE

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

walt
11-01-2007, 07:36 PM
VALLEY FORGE

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

They need to move the rally time back and run shuttle buses.

This is total bullshit.

drexhex
11-01-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm still going to the Mall. We will hold our own rally. Who cares if we don't have a permit? Let's make our voices heard one way or another.

Green Mountain Boy
11-01-2007, 07:39 PM
:(:(:(:(

drexhex
11-01-2007, 07:41 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Philadelphia_Rally_Site_Changed

Digg it, make sure people know.

terlinguatx
11-01-2007, 08:21 PM
This is lame... Terrible idea to change this late

You can BUY a sound system for $4000. Say you have to pay 5 union guys $50 an hour for five hours to set up a stage, that's $2500. Say you have to pay 5 cops $100 an hour for 6 hours. That's $3000. And these are huge overestimates. That's about $10,000. So the city permit is $70,000 - $130,000 thousand??? Hard to believe.

Big blunder...Valley Forge is a wretched place too removed from everything, and cold and barren during the winter.

Can we hold it on the Penn campus? Get some students to sponsor us so we can rent a hall?

Nefertiti
11-01-2007, 08:24 PM
5 cops only??? How small a town do you live in?

hellah10
11-01-2007, 08:30 PM
despite the changes, we must stay positive and make the most of it. While I dont agree with the venue change, I think in the voters eyes (ages from 35+) it makes good sense considering Valley Forge was basically the roots of US Independce... it may look good in the media and be a home run for us in the end

its great that we guys/gals are doing everything we can to push RP...but we have to get the older generations vote - thats what alot of us are having a hard time converting

so please lets stay positive and make the very most of what we have :)