PDA

View Full Version : Kristi Risk is the Real Deal!

bwlibertyman
07-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Here is a quick convo I had over facebook with Kristi Risk. I think we should support her when she indeed runs in Indiana's 8th district, aka the bloody 8th.

Kristi,
I followed your race. I go to school in Terre Haute at Indiana State University for Accounting. I'm 23 years old.
I am registered in Dubois county. Last primary I voted for Travis Hankins. He was close but didn't win. He'll be running in Mike Pence's district this time. I think he has a good chance.
A little about my political views. I am a liberty minded republican. I was inspired by the Ron Paul revolution. I think that everything the government does interferes with the market. I think people should be able to do what they want as long as they don't hurt anyone else.
I frequent www.libertyforest.com. I guess I'm part of the libertarian movement. I would rather vote for a liberty candidate like yourself that is willing to run in the republican primary.
Can you tell me some of your views?
I think I've seen that you are against the wars and against raising the debt ceiling. I believe in freedom in many areas. I don't think government should be involved with marriage, I think we own our bodies, I think we should own the income that we make, I think if we want to buy a firearm we should be able to without hindrance from the government. If you can go through your main views that would be great. Also how do you feel about the federal reserve? Have you read Ron Paul's book "End the Fed". The fed is a huge problem that must be looked at. It's clearly unconstitutional. People wonder why milk is around 4 or 5 dollars a gallon. A big reason is because of inflation and inflation wouldn't be as big of a deal if the fed wasn't around.
Also, if you have some of the views that I think you do, I know a lot of people that would support you. Freedom is popular. I don't want another Larry Buchson. i want another Rand Paul. I want someone that will stand up to the establishment and take hard votes. I want a leader that will vote on principle not on emotions or politics.
I appreciate your response. Thank you!

Brady,
I am inspired by Ron's views, as well. In fact, I just spent some time with him in DC this past week. We had a great meeting. I was also with Rand Paul's Chief of Staff, and he was a wonderful encourager and provided excellent advice.
I have not read his book, but I have read and studied the Constitution as well as the inception of the fed, and am of the clear opinion that it is unconstitutional, detrimental, and dishonest.
I assure you, I am not establishment. I am not a person to be bought; and I WILL take on the hard votes...full force, with no apology. Boehner actually hand-picked Bucshon pre-primary. He knew Bucshon would be a puppet and do whatever he is told and I would be an independent thinker and listen to the constituents and professionals in my district. For example, I would ask economist from the 8th for their opinions on the debt ceiling, not Washington insider economists who are told what to say.
Inflation is only just beginning and it is fast rising. I was getting ready to post about that on my FB.
You and I are on the same page with regards to gun and income. The Constitution is my gun license...enough said. Income tax is unfair! It's really screwed up in Washington, Brady. It's going to take fighters...mover and shakers - to reverse the trends and the errors of previous years. I believe it can be done, but it won't happen overnight and it won't happen with the people who are in office now.

Thanks for corresponding,
Kristi

What do you guys think?

erowe1
07-30-2011, 11:01 AM
I definitely think she's the real deal.

That's the opposite end of the state from me, so I don't follow it too closely.

I know she was the pick of the RP fans in 2010, and that she came in second in a crowded field. IIRC she had made a faux pas or two in her rhetoric, but from the results, it didn't seem to cripple her too badly.

She'll be running in a primary against an incumbent who's already beaten her once and who will surely have the support of all the local GOP leadership. Is there a reason this time should turn out different.

Also, I noticed in 2010 that John Hostettler didn't seem to get involved in that House race. If he did endorse a candidate, that could make a big difference. I know he's still popular with most Republicans down there. Does Risk have any kind of a relationship with him or with the network of supporters he has in that area? I know of one big Hostettler supporter that I worked with in 2010 who strongly supports Risk. But I don't know much beyond that.

bwlibertyman
07-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Hostettler ran for the senate in 2010. I think they're close ideologically. That'd be a nice endorsement. I think Bucshon got some tea party support last time. I think they'll see that he's just an establishment hack. I think principled voters would change their vote from bucshon to risk.

I really think this anti government anti spending frenzy will continue. I think will help risk this time around.

erowe1
07-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Hostettler ran for the senate in 2010.

Yeah, I was pretty involved in that campaign. An endorsement would be big down there. Does Risk know him personally?

bwlibertyman
07-30-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure.