PDA

View Full Version : Mainstream Media Works With Military Complex To Brainwash Americans

PeacePlan
07-29-2011, 09:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y36-Gt5VvMM

libertyjam
07-30-2011, 06:46 AM
"My Life in CIA is the first time that I've ever written a story in my own name."
Harry Mathews

“You could get a journalist cheaper than a good call girl, for a couple hundred dollars a month.”
–CIA operative, quoted in Katherine the Great, by Deborah Davis

“There is quite an incredible spread of relationships. You don’t need to manipulate Time magazine, for example, because there are [Central Intelligence] Agency people at the management level.”
–William B. Bader, former CIA intelligence officer, briefing members of the Senate Intelligence Committee, The CIA and the Media, by Carl Bernstein

Among the executives who lent their cooperation to the Agency were William Paley of the Columbia Broadcasting System, Henry Luce of Time Inc., Arthur Hays Sulzberger of the New York Times, Barry Bingham Sr. of the Louisville Courier-Journal, and James Copley of the Copley News Services. Other organizations which cooperated with the CIA include the American Broadcasting Company, the National Broadcasting Company, the Associated Press, United Press International, Reuters, Hearst Newspapers, Scripps-Howard, Newsweek magazine, the Mutual Broadcasting System, the Miami Herald and the old Saturday Evening Post and New York Herald-Tribune.

-
By far the most valuable of these associations, according to CIA officials, have been with the New York Times, CBS and Time Inc.
"The CIA and the Media", Rolling Stone Mag. 1977 http://mtracy9.tripod.com/cia_media.htm

-
In 'Fooling America: A Talk by Robert Parry' he said, "The people who succeeded and did well were those who didn't stand up, who didn't write the big stories, who looked the other way when history was happening in front of them, and went along either consciously or just by cowardice with the deception of the American people."

-
A Senate Intelligence Committee forced CIA Director George Bush, Sr. to admit that “more than 400 journalists had lived double lives, maintaining covert relationships with the CIA,” Bernstein wrote. Others in the CIA told Bernstein that the number was far higher (Bernstein, 1977, pp.55-66.).

-
The Senate Committee found that virtually all of the leading media companies have top executives, editors and journalists who are paid by the CIA, for example, to reprint CIA written articles verbatim under their names (Bernstein, pp55-66). US Intelligence leaders could eventually boast about their almost complete control over the media. Former veteran CIA agent Ralph McGehee obtained a CIA memo in ’91 that contained such a boast. It claimed that the agency had representatives in every media outlet in the country; these representatives help to spin and censor the news (DiEugenio and Pease, 2003, p.311).

-
Following these reports and Carl Bernstein’s Rolling Stone exposé, The New York Times published one of its few disclosures, the aforementioned piece by Crewden, on the CIA and the media. The Times reported another fifty media outlets run by the CIA and added that the CIA secretly commissioned over 1,200 books by 1977, including 200 in 1967 alone (Crewden, 1977). Morton Mintz quoted a Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Activities 1976 report describing how the CIA promoted their own propaganda in that a book written “by one CIA operative was reviewed favorably by another CIA agent in The New York Times (Mintz and Cohen,p.364).”

Furthermore, William Casey, who was in and out of US Intelligence for years before he became CIA director under President Reagan, presents another example of this ownership. Casey led a group of Intelligence officials that founded the Capital Cities media company in 1954. Capital Cities bought the ABC television network in 1985 (Mazzocco, 1994).

And finally, former OSS agent John Elroy McCaw attended meetings of the US Intelligence umbrella group, the National Security Council, as he served on their Advisory Council. He also owned WINS, one of New York City’s top music stations at that time. WABC Program Director Rick Sklar published a memoir detailing how McCaw lead the nationwide promotion of the Top 40 music format that permanently changed radio programming. John McCaw’s four sons gained a large ownership in cable television networks and other communications companies, each accumulating a net worth of at least $750 million (Constantine, 2001, pp.20-3). Other US Intelligence leaders set up similar spheres of influence in music and entertainment.
http://partisan-news.blogspot.com/2010/01/cia-controls-media.html

libertyjam
07-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Jive Talkin' Lyrics
Artist(Band):The Bee Gees
Songwriters: GIBB, BARRY / GIBB, MAURICE ERNEST / GIBB, ROBIN HUGH

It's just your jive talkin'. You're telling me lies, yeah.
Jive talkin', you wear a disguise.
Jive talkin', so misunderstood, yeah.
Jive talkin', you’re really no good.

Oh, my child, you'll never know
Just what you mean to me.
Oh, my child, you got so much;
You're gonna take away my energy.
With all your jive talkin', you're telling me lies, yeah.
Good lovin' still gets in my eyes.
Nobody believes what you say.
It's just your jive talkin' that gets in the way.

(Bridge)

Oh, my love, you're so good at treating me so cruel.
There you go with your fancy lies,
Leavin' me lookin' like a dumbstruck fool.
With all your jive talkin', you're telling me lies, yeah.
Jive talkin', you wear a disguise.
Jive talkin', so misunderstood, yeah.
Jive talkin', you just ain't no good.

You know now, love talkin' is all very fine, yeah.
Jive talkin' just isn't a crime.
And if there's somebody you'll love till you die,
Then all that jive talkin' just gets in your eye.

(Bridge)

Jive talkin', you're telling me lies, yeah.
Good lovin' still gets in my eyes.
Nobody believes what you say.
It's just your jive talkin' that gets in the way.

You know now, love talkin' is all very fine, yeah.
Jive talkin' just isn't a crime.
And if there's somebody you'll love till you die,
Then all that jive talkin' just gets in your eye.

Ooh, jive talkin', jive talkin’, ooh, jive talkin'.
© Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group