PDA

View Full Version : Everyone is focussed on spending and debt, no one is worried about Al Qaeda 2.0 ?

moderate libertarian
07-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Too many people lately talking about economic collapse, debt risks but almost no one is talking about Al Qaeda 2.0 ? Why big spending worries are superceding 2.0 worries and Congressman Barney Frank today on CNBC even claimed that Pentagon budget was bigger than Medicare and advocated cutting foreign military spendung?

Special Ops Chief Warns of Al Qaeda 2.0
Published July 28, 2011 | Associated Press

Aspen, Colorado – The top commander of U.S. special operations forces said Wednesday that Usama bin Laden's Al Qaeda is bloodied and "nearing its end," but he warned the next generation of militants could keep special operations fighting for a decade to come.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/28/spec-ops-chief-warns-al-qaeda-20/#ixzz1TYKQM4s7

Sam I am
07-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Frankly, Al Qaeda 1.0 wasn't as important an issue as the economy is now.

sevin
07-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Just wait until Al Qaeda 2.1.

http://ui17.gamespot.com/1168/onoes2_2.gif

heavenlyboy34
07-29-2011, 09:24 PM
qft. :cool: Bring the troops home and end foreign intervention-this will make the imaginary Al-Quaeda problem disappear (if it exists at all anymore).

heavenlyboy34
07-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Just wait until Al Qaeda 2.1.

http://ui17.gamespot.com/1168/onoes2_2.gif
lol that gif cracks me up^^ :D

sailingaway
07-29-2011, 09:31 PM

this^^

jmdrake
07-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Too many people lately talking about economic collapse, debt risks but almost no one is talking about Al Qaeda 2.0 ? Why big spending worries are superceding 2.0 worries and Congressman Barney Frank today on CNBC even claimed that Pentagon budget was bigger than Medicare and advocated cutting foreign military spendung?

Special Ops Chief Warns of Al Qaeda 2.0
Published July 28, 2011 | Associated Press

Aspen, Colorado – The top commander of U.S. special operations forces said Wednesday that Usama bin Laden's Al Qaeda is bloodied and "nearing its end," but he warned the next generation of militants could keep special operations fighting for a decade to come.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/28/spec-ops-chief-warns-al-qaeda-20/#ixzz1TYKQM4s7

I'm assuming this is a joke post. If not, consider this.

1) Ron Paul agrees with Barney Frank on cutting the defense budget.

2) Jimmy Carter created what we now call Al Qaeda.

3) The who purpose of Al Qaeda is to bankrupt the U.S. If we spend more money to fight Al Qaeda we are helping Al Qaeda.

4) The attacks in Norway (carried out by an anti-Muslim) prove that bombing plots (which seems to be all AQ is capable of these days) aren't nearly as effective as random shootings anyway.

pcosmar
07-29-2011, 09:33 PM
I am far more concerned with threats from "Special Ops" than I am of some imaginary foreign boogieman.

jmdrake
07-29-2011, 09:42 PM
I am far more concerned with threats from "Special Ops" than I am of some imaginary foreign boogieman.

^This. Someone should ask the Special Ops chief why he wants to help Al Qaeda bankrupt the U.S.

Fermli
07-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Al Qaeda 2.0 is the wrong term. The wars have created tens if not hundreds of Al Qaedas. The term should be Al Qaeda x10.

Carson
07-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Or Fast and Furious.

moderate libertarian
07-29-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm assuming this is a joke post.

I was trying to make a point but did not say it right. The guy whose job security depends on fighting 2.0 or 3.0 may have a conflict of interest if such an argument is made part of spending choices. You are right to point out that many of the ghosts we have been chasing have our own finger prints on their birth pangs.
Noticed in his TV teleprompter talk, Obama counted many domestic spending programs costs but not even mention foreign military spending.

smithtg
07-29-2011, 10:57 PM
foxnews invented the Al Qaeda maybe?

WAR, FEAR, TERROR. That is what dubyah brought us

moonshineplease
07-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Al Qaeda 1.0 was a couple hundred guys in a cave complex in the territory of an old afghan warlord (whom we gave millions of dollars to in the 80s) outside of Jalalabad until we invaded iraq and Afghanistan, then it became a movement. The mentality of the war on terror and drugs as a policy is ludicrous.

Carehn
07-29-2011, 11:39 PM
If we leave the middle east and stop giving them money most of those people would die of starvation anyway. Problem solved. If alqaeda does exist, And it doesn't, at least not in the way they want you to think, then why don't we let them live in the wonders of their own political creation without any help from us.

I can only Imagine the massive wealth and ideas that would spring forth from that theocracy.

But truth is there is no alqaeda, we go in and stomp out all progress ever made over there, and if we leave and it invites Russia or China into the territory... Then so be it, let them dumb bastards have it. not that they would want it.

I am just board of talking about alqaeda. These are people living in caves and almost total ignorance. nearly cavemen by our governments own definition, And im suppose to sacrifice all of western political philosophy over to them! Ha! Ha I say! What a lie this all is.

jmdrake
07-30-2011, 05:42 AM
I was trying to make a point but did not say it right. The guy whose job security depends on fighting 2.0 or 3.0 may have a conflict of interest if such an argument is made part of spending choices. You are right to point out that many of the ghosts we have been chasing have our own finger prints on their birth pangs.
Noticed in his TV teleprompter talk, Obama counted many domestic spending programs costs but not even mention foreign military spending.

My bad for having a poor sarcasm meter. ;) Part of me did think that was the direction you were going but I wasn't sure. (Though anyone with "libertarian" in there screen name has to be against our stupid response to the GWOT). Anyway, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Really we all have to do a better job communicating to the gullible public that the U.S. spending more money in the global war on terror is what Al Qaeda wants.