PDA

View Full Version : Conyers calls out Obama as being the one to ask for Social Security cuts in budget package

sailingaway
07-29-2011, 07:46 PM
http://www.crewof42.com/cbc/conyers-on-jobs-weve-had-it-lays-out-obama-calls-for-protest-at-white-house/

just scan the red words....

“We’ve got to educate the American people at the same time we educate the President of the United States. The Republicans, Speaker Boehner or Majority Leader Cantor did not call for Social Security cuts in the budget deal. The President of the United States called for that,” Conyers, who has served in the House since 1965, said.

flightlesskiwi
07-29-2011, 09:23 PM
a comment left on that page:

told a very nice woman why I was so angry (Obama is pushing Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid cuts) and that while I supported him enthusiastically last time, this time I will NOT even vote for him. It’s sad but I think we’d have been as well off with the horrible McCain because Obama has been no different but at least the Democrats would have fought McCain.

Conyers is right — if this is what Obama stands for and it is, we need to oppose him.

jmdrake
07-29-2011, 09:41 PM
People are starting to lose hope in that change. For the record the congressional black caucus initially opposed the bailout. Obama talked them in to voting for it.

Aratus
07-29-2011, 10:21 PM
conyers said that there is a september 21st speaking date in front of the congressional black caucus.
all told, it looks like it could be very newsworthy if representative conyers has not calmed down at all!