PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots -advertise RP at Best buy

smithtg
07-29-2011, 06:05 PM
You may be asking how?

I was in best buy today, messing with these new gadgets that have internet on the LARGE TV's. Lo and behold, somehow ronpaul2012.com ended up on a few of them! I milled around the store for a good 10 min and they stayed up, with more than a few people checking them out. On another I put RP, "conviction" tube playing.

Also was at Borders today looking at 20% off books. Still quite a few RP books on the shelves, but LOTS of Obama ones. Those will be hitting the clearance rack soon I am sure. Almost bought Rand's book but didnt need a hardcover really

http://i51.tinypic.com/wmii9.jpg

kah13176
07-29-2011, 06:24 PM
Brilliant. I'll remember to do this next time I'm there.

smithtg
07-29-2011, 06:54 PM
thanks. A Ron Paul moment for me. Also ran into a neocon at the bookstore, I could tell because he espoused to be conservative, but every time I brought up the war machine and neocons he said nothing to agree. Plugged the RP books pretty hard though. They can be converted...

libertybrewcity
07-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Everytime I go to Office Depot I always write on the pad of paper they have to test markers. I used to work there so I would do it everyday!!

dusman
07-29-2011, 11:07 PM
I used to do something like this whenever I'd go into computer stores. It's a fun and simple way to advertise. You know people are going to see it.

ForLibertyFight
07-29-2011, 11:17 PM
I always slip a RP flyer in the DVD sleeve when I ship it back to Netflix. Whoever gets that DVD next will get it as a present as well :)

I always write: www.ronpaul2012.com on outgoing mail underneath the recipient's address.

Whenever I go to the Apple store, I'll make the homepage on Safari, www.ronpaul2012.com

Whenever I go to a bookstore, I'll grab a couple of RP's books and put them on the best seller's table.

I have a customized stamp advertising for RP and I stamp all the bills that I get.

Just little things like this make a difference!

eduardo89
07-30-2011, 12:23 AM
I do the same on computers and phones in stores

cucucachu0000
07-30-2011, 01:58 AM
this is a cool idea maybe we could use this on a bigger scale and set up a day i guess similar to a money bomb and just go to cell phone stores and technology stores and do stuff like this. its harmless and can get alot of peoples attention atleast enough to browse it there or when they get home.

Esoteric
07-30-2011, 02:10 AM
we ALWAYS win.

Jandrsn21
07-30-2011, 02:48 AM
You guys are hardcore! I love it! I'll give these things a try, good ideas here!

Koz
07-30-2011, 07:07 AM
I love the netflix idea.

What about library books? when you return them?

acptulsa
07-30-2011, 07:25 AM
I love the netflix idea.

What about library books? when you return them?

Another good idea. But don't deface them--use a slimjim.

Good way to reach people who actually read.

Koz
07-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Another good idea. But don't deface them--use a slimjim.

Good way to reach people who actually read.

I just made a small 4 x 5 inch flyer to put inside the book and the netflix sleeves. Great ideas here that cost nothing.

Koz
07-30-2011, 07:53 AM
this is a cool idea maybe we could use this on a bigger scale and set up a day i guess similar to a money bomb and just go to cell phone stores and technology stores and do stuff like this. its harmless and can get alot of peoples attention atleast enough to browse it there or when they get home.

This is a good idea, tech bomb

smithtg
07-30-2011, 08:18 AM
awesome ideas, best thread I ever started. Thanks guys!. BTW I am almost to 1000 posts. Hard to believe

Nickwanz
07-30-2011, 08:23 AM
I think netflix checks the dvds for damage/correct disc when you send it back, so they likely just toss it. I know this because I sent one of my DVDs by mistake in a netflix sleeve and they sent it back to me. So they must check these things and I assume they would toss the slim jim upon finding it. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just want to maximize our efforts. All the other ideas are great, I've been stamping bills for a couple years now! I just got a 20 dollar bill the other day in circulation that I had stamped "Irony is Andrew Jackson on a central bank note"! Its been at least a year since I used that stamp.........so they do stay in circulation.

steve005
07-30-2011, 08:26 AM
great idea, I will do this evertime I'm near any store now, we need a video about doing this!

Jackie Treehorn
07-30-2011, 09:10 AM
I saw 3 copies of "The Audacity of Hope" on the clearance racks for $1 at Half Price Books last week. Couldn't even find a Ron Paul book in the whole store (that's a good thing for a secondhand bookstore).

Also, I'm so doing the Best Buy thing. We should have a Black Friday bestbuyscreenbomb in November, lawl.

enoch150
07-30-2011, 09:32 AM
thanks. A Ron Paul moment for me. Also ran into a neocon at the bookstore, I could tell because he espoused to be conservative, but every time I brought up the war machine and neocons he said nothing to agree. Plugged the RP books pretty hard though. They can be converted...

If you sensed he was a neocon, stop talking about the war machine and neocons. Talk about taxes or something. Find common ground and stay there. Leave them with a good impression, don't argue. You don't have to convert them to get a vote.

Get into campaign mode.

KingRobbStark
07-30-2011, 11:28 AM
These are all great ideas.

cucucachu0000
07-30-2011, 12:13 PM
just got a couple of more ideas, bring an ipod with a radio transmitter and set all the radios in the store to the set station raise the volume a bit and play some of Ron Pauls Speeches. or hook up the radio transmitter to a store computer with his speeches playing instead of an i pod so you can leave the store with it still on. also we should get those for liberty hand out dvds and sneak them into the dvd player at the TV section and play it on all the tvs also harmless and the dvds are only around a buck a piece. it would help if anybody has any friends or they themselves works in these stores to do this on a consistent basis. this is something we should especially do on black friday and the week leading up to Christmas when the stores and malls are packed.

specsaregood
07-30-2011, 12:17 PM

cucucachu0000
07-30-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah it is just gonna end up i the trash at netflix:
http://www.uniquescoop.com/2009/08/behind-scenes-at-netflix.html
but the people inside inspecting seeing a piece of paper saying Google Ron Paul they might just do that. ive gotton some dvds and ads in books that i buy from amazon every now and then and i usually check them out.

specsaregood
07-30-2011, 12:36 PM

realtonygoodwin
07-30-2011, 03:13 PM
If you sensed he was a neocon, stop talking about the war machine and neocons. Talk about taxes or something. Find common ground and stay there. Leave them with a good impression, don't argue. You don't have to convert them to get a vote.

Get into campaign mode.

+ rep

LatinsforPaul
07-30-2011, 03:38 PM
I have been putting these Ron Paul 2012 stickers (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/stickers/ron-paul-2012-white-lapel-sticker-2-roll-of-50/) at gas stations by the price screen or above the lower octane pump. I do this everytime I pump gas so I try going to different stations.

satchelmcqueen
07-30-2011, 04:00 PM
ill have to start doing these things

ForLibertyFight
07-30-2011, 05:26 PM
I have been putting these Ron Paul 2012 stickers (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/store/stickers/ron-paul-2012-white-lapel-sticker-2-roll-of-50/) at gas stations by the price screen or above the lower octane pump. I do this everytime I pump gas so I try going to different stations.

I don't think you should vandalize private property.

Nickwanz
07-30-2011, 05:57 PM

This is true, a beat up old guard rail on a busy corner is one thing. But a gas station owner does not want stickers of any kind all over their property.

cucucachu0000
07-31-2011, 12:08 AM
Perhaps, but they are also required to maintain a 5.5second per disc average for 8 hours a day. That doesn't leave much time to read something.

if its something interesting they might stuff it in there pocket for later or if it just says google ron paul it might be unusual and stick in there head till they finally google ron paul. this could also work for credit card bill payments, utilities and the like.

this might be a little extreme but maybe put some business cards with info about inflation and the fed and ron pauls position on it and staple some monopoly money on there to catch the eye. its like 7 bucks for a big pack of them should last you.

Rando
07-31-2011, 12:35 AM
When i go to barnes and noble. I take everyone elses book that are cover out and slip them in the shelves then take ron pauls books and turn them cover out so everyone sees them.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-31-2011, 01:08 AM
+1

FANTASTIC IDEAS & THREAD :)

Get into campaign mode.

I agree, no need to argue, talk about the common ground we have like taxes, inflation, etc & open their minds to Ron Paul as a possible choice.

Here are some good ideas -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_shEnY_lcQI

This is true, a beat up old guard rail on a busy corner is one thing. But a gas station owner does not want stickers of any kind all over their property.

I agree vandalizing owners' private-property is NOT a good thing, it'll earn a bad reputation.

if its something interesting they might stuff it in there pocket for later or if it just says google ron paul it might be unusual and stick in there head till they finally google ron paul. this could also work for credit card bill payments, utilities and the like.

this might be a little extreme but maybe put some business cards with info about inflation and the fed and ron pauls position on it and staple some monopoly money on there to catch the eye. its like 7 bucks for a big pack of them should last you.

I agree.

smithtg
10-17-2011, 09:48 AM
bump as I still love the ideas here. Its time to ramp things up everywhere we go