PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL THREAD: August 3rd Moneybomb + week long PUSH

RileyE104
07-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Join this facebook event page and share it!!! ----> http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=235767306462794

This needs to get out immediately and make the waves over the weekend and the following two days if we are to put a big dent into the money that the campaign is asking to have BEFORE they go into Ames.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX5Lwecv7bQ

From the General Politics section: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?305686-August-3rd-MoneyBomb-followed-by-one-week-MAJOR-push-to-win-Ames (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?305686-August-3rd-MoneyBomb-followed-by-one-week-MAJOR-push-to-win-Ames)

OK, so we hold a Money Bomb on August 3rd for THREE reasons:

1) The campaign has asked for $1,400,000 before the Ames straw poll.
- This number is probably including the $600,000 already raised? I'm not sure on that yet, does anyone else know?..

2) This date is also when Calvin Coolidge was sworn in as the nation's 30th President. We should do our best to tie Ron Paul and his 2012 campaign to this great man, who as President shared values almost identical to Ron's. (taxation, foreign policy, individualism)

3) August 3rd is also the day AFTER the supposed "apocalyptic" catastrophe that liberals, Obama, Geithner, others and even other Republicans have spoken about. Giving to RP on this day could garner a LOT of media attention PLUS vindicate his views on the debt ceiling issue.

After the Money Bomb, we follow up with a week long PUSH to raise whatever else we didn't get on the 3rd and more. That way, the campaign will have all the money by August 10th, which will give them 2+ days to advertise for Ames.

Please people, time is running short and we have to decide something NOW. I believe this is our best shot. We need to do MAJOR advertising for this starting now and throughout the entire next week so those who might not hear about the Money Bomb in time can still donate during the week's push.

****** If anyone has the ability to do so, please contact whoever made "http://www.readyamesfire.com" to make another site for August 3rd and have it include all the aspects covered above. Or, make one yourself. Either way, we need to get advertising for this event out pronto!!

****** The same goes for videos. I will try to make one tonight, others should do the same.

****** Also, get the word out on Facebook, Twitter and where ever else you can!

GOAL!

While the "MoneyBomb" is important, it will be best to raise as much as we can in whatever combination possible throughout the first two weeks of August. We just need to make sure that the campaign gets what they need to do what they are trying to do.[/B]

RileyE104
07-29-2011, 03:18 PM
We still have a few days until this thing kicks off. Raising a lot of money is very doable, considering that we also have the first two weeks of August to promote as well.

Eric21ND
07-29-2011, 03:49 PM
I think daily goals of 100k are realistic.

All you need is 10,000 donors giving $10

trey4sports
07-29-2011, 03:54 PM
FYI, i think the 1.4 million is on top of the 700K we've raised so far so we can hit 2 million before Ames.

FSP-Rebel
07-29-2011, 06:49 PM
I know many people aren't used to hearing me say such a thing but perhaps it's time to call up an Alex Jones surge during this money train. If nothing else, maybe they'll link the campaign email to one of his sites.

sailingaway
07-29-2011, 06:54 PM
I've seen so many different days, suggested. Has one actually been chosen? What happened to the 2d, with the signing of the Declaration of Independence?

RileyE104
07-29-2011, 07:08 PM
I've seen so many different days, suggested. Has one actually been chosen? What happened to the 2d, with the signing of the Declaration of Independence?

Well, I posted this earlier this morning and so many people started responding positively, so I took further action by making a video and talking to people like Michael Maresco (who approved the idea) and then I also contacted a member of the "Grassroots Council" for the campaign.

Here's the video:

So basically, there's a MB on the 3rd which will be followed by a week-long effort to raise as much funds as possible for the campaign.
Anyone who wants to donate before this, they can. This is just to put a "face" to the push that we're making. Mainly by connecting RP's name to Calvin Coolidge in the hopes of media attention as well as proving that the August 2nd "deadline" will not cause an apocalypse if passed.

Matthew Zak
07-29-2011, 07:13 PM
So wait, let me get this right... this thread... is OFFICIAL?

RileyE104
07-29-2011, 07:18 PM

Well, if the people want it official, then yes. I'm still waiting to see if anything "official" such as RevPAC or the RP facebook pages help propel it to "official"...

The idea was started this morning and it got lots of good feedback and NONE negative, so I guess that's as official as it can get right now..

afwjam
07-29-2011, 07:23 PM
I just got the letter from the campaign asking for 1.4 million by ames.

Maltheus
07-29-2011, 07:24 PM
If we must have another one so soon, don't call it a moneybomb. Save that term for the big fundraisers. After what happened on the 19th, we need to be more careful.

RileyE104
07-29-2011, 07:30 PM

That's why this is being done.

If we must have another one so soon, don't call it a moneybomb. Save that term for the big fundraisers. After what happened on the 19th, we need to be more careful.

I don't think arguing over the semantics of this really matters right now. What matters is actually doing this. Who cares what it's called.

IndianaPolitico
07-29-2011, 07:33 PM

How about a "Money Push", "Mini Bomb" or "Money Fire Cracker"?

ARE WE DOING ONE ON AUGUST 3RD? Can someone contact the campaign to see what they want?

RileyE104
07-29-2011, 07:35 PM
How about a "Money Push", "Mini Bomb" or "Money Fire Cracker"?

Call it what you want... The main point: "I'm donating on August 3rd, I urge everyone else to do the same, and for anyone who can't make that date - donate sometime during the first two weeks of August.."

KingRobbStark
07-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Names don't matter at this point. Just donate.

RileyE104
07-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Names don't matter at this point. Just donate.

This. After tonight, we have four full days to promote this and the week-long push that will follow it. I've already posted in lots of places. I hope everyone else is doing the same.

speciallyblend
07-29-2011, 08:48 PM
This. After tonight, we have four full days to promote this and the week-long push that will follow it. I've already posted in lots of places. I hope everyone else is doing the same.

i will do my best once i am off work on sunday!!!

Paulatized
07-29-2011, 08:53 PM

Got mine today, too.

nocompromises
07-29-2011, 09:31 PM
We desperately need to raise the 1.4 million dollars.

Without it, I don't think we have much of a chance of winning Ames.

PaulConventionWV
07-29-2011, 10:08 PM
You know, this is actually not a bad idea. It would still be early enough that it would give us plenty of time to hype the Constitution Day bomb on Sept. 17, which I think has the potential to be very big, followed by an end of the quarter push, which, of course, is just whatever is left that people can muster. I see this working out pretty well.

1) August 3rd - 12th money push
2) Ames Sraw Poll WIN followed by organic rise in donations
3) Constitution Day super moneybomb
4) End of Quarter Push with whatever's left

I see this working out nicely if people are willing to go along with this week long fundraising thing.

RileyE104
07-29-2011, 10:55 PM
You know, this is actually not a bad idea. It would still be early enough that it would give us plenty of time to hype the Constitution Day bomb on Sept. 17, which I think has the potential to be very big, followed by an end of the quarter push, which, of course, is just whatever is left that people can muster. I see this working out pretty well.

I see this working out nicely if people are willing to go along with this week long fundraising thing.

+rep :)

speciallyblend
07-30-2011, 12:01 AM

yep, so who is setting up a facebook page?? all i can say folks is i donated a 100 on ready ames fire and i probably shouldn't of and this august 3rd moneybomb by god i am donating another 100 on the 3rd and hopefully another 100-200 in the next 2 weeks. Ron Paul 2012, we need a good rpf crew to help throw this out there youtube,fb and twitter and as many folks as we can tell in the next few days, make calls,email and call your blue republicans up as well. Someone want to make a Pledge Thread in RPF?? so folks can post what they will donate on the 3rd and then thru the next 2weeks??

goRPaul
07-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Coolidge reading notecards = Obama reading teleprompters

Of course, Coolidge wasn't expecting to be on TV every day, but still.

White Bear Lake
07-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Coolidge Bomb! I'm in!

thehighwaymanq
07-30-2011, 12:53 AM
I believe our strategy should be simple: donate whenever you can.

We don't need bombs for this type of thing, we just need a ton of cash quick.

Paulatized
07-30-2011, 08:50 AM
I believe our strategy should be simple: donate whenever you can.

We don't need bombs for this type of thing, we just need a ton of cash quick.

Not going to happen without a moneybomb. ton of cash quick = moneybomb

RileyE104
07-30-2011, 10:25 AM
yep, so who is setting up a facebook page?? all i can say folks is i donated a 100 on ready ames fire and i probably shouldn't of and this august 3rd moneybomb by god i am donating another 100 on the 3rd and hopefully another 100-200 in the next 2 weeks. Ron Paul 2012, we need a good rpf crew to help throw this out there youtube,fb and twitter and as many folks as we can tell in the next few days, make calls,email and call your blue republicans up as well. Someone want to make a Pledge Thread in RPF?? so folks can post what they will donate on the 3rd and then thru the next 2weeks??

Is there any way to get this video on the front page?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX5Lwecv7bQ

davidt!
07-30-2011, 01:32 PM
+rep :)

Finally...a strategy that works!! Donate now then sign up and start promoting the Constitution Moneybomb here:
http://www.ronpaulwins.com/

davidt!
07-30-2011, 01:34 PM

Finally...a strategy that works!! Donate now then sign up and start promoting the Constitution Moneybomb here:

Magicman
07-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Everyone follow this website to invite your facebook friend's list to this money bomb. We need to invite as many people as we can to the money bomb.

http://bevanbird.com/2011/03/want-to-know-how-to-invite-all-your-friends-to-a-facebook-event-all-at-once/

RileyE104
07-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Everyone follow this website to invite your facebook friend's list to this money bomb. We need to invite as many people as we can to the money bomb.

http://bevanbird.com/2011/03/want-to-know-how-to-invite-all-your-friends-to-a-facebook-event-all-at-once/

How can we contact the people that created the event pages for the other moneybombs? We desperately need them to make an event page already and invite all the contacts like they usually do.

Paulatized
07-30-2011, 02:31 PM

I like this plan.

Suggestion though, 1) August 3 - push to filling Iowa Projects, promote link to Projects site big time.
That would give him his "before" money.

Then with a win in Iowa and in honor of his birthday, we could push it on up to 1.5.
Then followup with the Constitution Day super bomb.
Then the end of quarter push.....

I like it when a plan comes together ;).

Magicman
07-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Riley, there are a few ways some groups have a create event on them so you can contact their whole list to promote your own event invite. Also, you can just look for the moderator on the group or event invite and send them a personal invite to the event.

BUSHLIED
07-30-2011, 02:40 PM

From the General Politics section: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?305686-August-3rd-MoneyBomb-followed-by-one-week-MAJOR-push-to-win-Ames (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?305686-August-3rd-MoneyBomb-followed-by-one-week-MAJOR-push-to-win-Ames)

OK, so we hold a Money Bomb on August 3rd for THREE reasons:

1) The campaign has asked for $1,400,000 before the Ames straw poll.
- This number is probably including the $600,000 already raised? I'm not sure on that yet, does anyone else know?..

2) This date is also when Calvin Coolidge was sworn in as the nation's 30th President. We should do our best to tie Ron Paul and his 2012 campaign to this great man, who as President shared values almost identical to Ron's. (taxation, foreign policy, individualism)

3) August 3rd is also the day AFTER the supposed "apocalyptic" catastrophe that liberals, Obama, Geithner, others and even other Republicans have spoken about. Giving to RP on this day could garner a LOT of media attention PLUS vindicate his views on the debt ceiling issue.

After the Money Bomb, we follow up with a week long PUSH to raise whatever else we didn't get on the 3rd and more. That way, the campaign will have all the money by August 10th, which will give them 2+ days to advertise for Ames.

Please people, time is running short and we have to decide something NOW. I believe this is our best shot. We need to do MAJOR advertising for this starting now and throughout the entire next week so those who might not hear about the Money Bomb in time can still donate during the week's push.

****** If anyone has the ability to do so, please contact whoever made "http://www.readyamesfire.com" to make another site for August 3rd and have it include all the aspects covered above. Or, make one yourself. Either way, we need to get advertising for this event out pronto!!

****** The same goes for videos. I will try to make one tonight, others should do the same.

****** Also, get the word out on Facebook, Twitter and where ever else you can!

GOALS!

1) On August 3rd, we should strive to raise $400,000.

2) Each day after (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th) - we should strive to raise at least $50,000 each day.

In doing so, this will help us fill the campaign's warchest to a total of $750,000 exactly two days BEFORE the Ames poll, which should give them sufficient time to advertise.

****** Of course, it will be best to raise as much as we can in whatever combination possible. We just need to make sure that the campaign gets what they need to do what they are trying to do.

Umm, I think the campaign has enough money to advertise NOW, which is what should have been bought up already...I don't think that is the reason why they want the money...but I agree we need to raise as much as we can anyway...besides what NEW ad are they are going to run in the week before the straw poll, I hope not the Conviction ad...because as Paul says, they are going to raise the limit...the campaign needs a new ad, a broader message in their ad about Paul...pro-life, delivered 4,000 babies, married for 50 years...solid conservative record and is ready to LEAD......

RileyE104
07-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Umm, I think the campaign has enough money to advertise NOW, which is what should have been bought up already...I don't think that is the reason why they want the money...but I agree we need to raise as much as we can anyway...

The campaign sent a letter to raise more funds, and requested that we help them raise what they asked for BEFORE the Ames poll. They have their reasons. Complying with what they requested, I and others are pushing this MB + week-long PUSH to get them what they need in the time they requested it.

Like it or not, this is what the campaign has asked for. That's why others and I are urging everyone to please get on board.

dusman
07-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Who is running the web site? When I try to subscribe I get an error that says "The feed does not have subscriptions by email enabled."

Also, I'd like to help out if I can. Can we revive the counter here?

wowrevolution
07-30-2011, 06:50 PM
If this is the date then it needs to be front page on reddit.

RileyE104
07-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Also, I'd like to help out if I can. Can we revive the counter here?

A counter? For some reason my words haven't been enough to get a mod to move this topic/video to the front page of RPF...

If this is the date then it needs to be front page on reddit.

Again... IDK why but it still hasn't been placed on the front page of the forums yet. Very precious promotion time is being wasted. :(

FSP-Rebel
07-30-2011, 07:08 PM
A counter? For some reason my words haven't been enough to get a mod to move this topic/video to the front page of RPF...

Again... IDK why but it still hasn't been placed on the front page of the forums yet. Very precious promotion time is being wasted. :(
You know, you can blog it there yourself. Look at the bottom tool bar, 2nd from left.

RileyE104
07-30-2011, 07:12 PM
You know, you can blog it there yourself. Look at the bottom tool bar, 2nd from left.

Thanks for telling me that. IDK how to get it on the front page though. Doesn't a mod have to do it?

pacelli
07-30-2011, 08:05 PM

Please, for the "archivists" engaging in post-moneybomb analysis, realize that this thread was created less than a week before the actual moneybomb date. The youtube video promoting this august 3 moneybomb was also uploaded less than a week before the actual moneybomb date.

I hope we're immensely successful with less than a week to go, compared to money bombs in which we had a month to promote.

RileyE104
07-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Please, for the "archivists" engaging in post-moneybomb analysis, realize that this thread was created less than a week before the actual moneybomb date. The youtube video promoting this august 3 moneybomb was also uploaded less than a week before the actual moneybomb date.

I hope we're immensely successful with less than a week to go, compared to money bombs in which we had a month to promote.

Well, this was a spontaneous event in response to the campaign's letter appealing to us for another influx in funds. If we go by their letter, we unfortunately don't have the luxury of time. However, if we go into overdrive during the rest of this weekend and Monday and Tuesday, hopefully we can raise enough to keep them from having to dig into the other funds they already have, which they said they strongly did not want to do.

dusman
07-30-2011, 08:44 PM
A counter?(

Yes, like there were in 2007. It's a fundamental piece missing from these moneybombs and killing the hype ability they had. Something that counts the amount of e-mails being added to the subscription list.

RileyE104
07-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Yes, like there were in 2007. It's a fundamental piece missing from these moneybombs and killing the hype ability they had. Something that counts the amount of e-mails being added to the subscription list.

I know, I was just saying that we still need to get this onto the front page, but that has happened now.

lx43
07-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Is the counter going to be up for the "Money Train"? I hate to say this but the campaign doesn't seem to respond well to ideas.

pacelli
07-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Well, this was a spontaneous event in response to the campaign's letter appealing to us for another influx in funds. If we go by their letter, we unfortunately don't have the luxury of time. However, if we go into overdrive during the rest of this weekend and Monday and Tuesday, hopefully we can raise enough to keep them from having to dig into the other funds they already have, which they said they strongly did not want to do.

I think it is appropriate, the campaign has done this before to us, and I think your efforts are 'in the right'. Overdrive for sure.

It is just unfortunate that some of the johnnie-come-latelys tend to criticize the hell out of our moneybombs once they're done (or during the damned things), no matter how much they raise.

I'll donate to revolutionpac over the next week since I'm already maxed to the campaign per their earlier emails.

RileyE104
07-30-2011, 10:21 PM
I think it is appropriate, the campaign has done this before to us, and I think your efforts are 'in the right'. Overdrive for sure.

It is just unfortunate that some of the johnnie-come-latelys tend to criticize the hell out of our moneybombs once they're done (or during the damned things), no matter how much they raise.

I'll donate to revolutionpac over the next week since I'm already maxed to the campaign per their earlier emails.

I think lots of people are too concerned about "failure" -- How can we NOT succeed? Even if this doesn't raise a lot of money, it's not being officially pushed by the campaign so there's no negative coverage that could result. If we raise a LOT of money on the MB, we MIGHT make some headlines. Without the campaign officially pushing this, the obligation is left to the GRASSROOTS. That's why it's so important to get the Ron Paul 2012 facebook page to promote this MB and week long push. We need to go all out in whatever way we can in the timeframe that the campaign has given us.

If it weren't for the letter they sent out, I would MAYBE had been in favor of an August 20th MB, but the fact is we no longer have that luxury of being able to sit and plan things out for a few weeks.

I've done just about everything I can to promote this already and I know many others have too. It took a lot to finally convince the mods to put this onto the front page of RPF. We desperately need the help from Daily Paul and http://www.facebook.com/RonPaul12 (http://www.facebook.com/RonPaul12)as well. The ball is in their court now. Whoever is running those places needs to step up and realize that if we are to act in compliance with what the campaign has requested, this needs to be promoted ASAP.

No Free Beer
07-31-2011, 06:55 AM
Great start to the video. Loved the Coolidge. Anyway, can someone make the second half of this video better and give more info. For example, explain the end of the quarter push. The video makes it seems as though it is a one day event. Someone change this and spread it! i already have. LETS GOOOOOOOOO!

PaulConventionWV
07-31-2011, 07:12 AM
Is the counter going to be up for the "Money Train"? I hate to say this but the campaign doesn't seem to respond well to ideas.

It doesn't?

When? The campaign has put the ticker up for every single important moneybomb so far. I can't think of one that they didn't. If you are worried about it, then DO SOMETHING.

RileyE104
07-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Id rather a ticker only be up here on rpf and daily paul if the facebook pages don't choose to participate in this. We need their invite list more than anything.

Wolfgang Bohringer
07-31-2011, 09:21 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/07/calvin-coolidge-day/

Calvin Coolidge Day?
Posted on July 31, 2011 by Lew Rockwell

I admire grassroots fundraising, but wonder about a week-long moneybomb in honor of Calvin Coolidge. Ron Paul is sui generis, and far greater than Cal in domestic and foreign affairs. Is it really necessary to hark back to some former prez, especially one who was a wholly owned subsidiary of Wall Street and the big banks? If this sort of commemoration is irresistible, why not our first black president, Warren G. Harding? He was far better on war, civil liberties, and the economy, and did not help set up the Great Depression by serving as J.P. Morgan's errand boy.

RileyE104
07-31-2011, 09:39 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/07/calvin-coolidge-day/

its not meant to be a total comparison between Coolidge and Paul but whatever.. why not *Harding? Well the 3rd of August is the day Coolidge became president. it's also the day after the hyped up "apocalypse" day, which also adds importance to the date.

Furthermore, the week long push is simply that. It's not meant for commemoration... other than pointing out that it's the week before Ames.

Wolfgang Bohringer
07-31-2011, 09:40 AM
From Rothbard's "THE ORIGINS OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE":

Indeed, much of the political history of the United States from the late nineteenth century until World War II may be interpreted by the closeness of each administration to one of these sometimes cooperating, more often conflicting, financial groupings: Cleveland (Morgan), McKinley (Rockefeller), Theodore Roosevelt (Morgan), Taft (Rockefeller), Wilson (Morgan), Harding (Rockefeller), Coolidge (Morgan), Hoover (Morgan), or Franklin Roosevelt (Harriman–Kuhn–Loeb–Rockefeller).

RileyE104
07-31-2011, 09:45 AM
I only started this because of the campaign's letter asking for more funds.

Others were responding to the letter in the same way so I decided to poke my head out and try to organize something.

If people don't want to go along with this then fine. Ill not stick my head out again and simply go back to lurking the forums like I did on 07 and 08.

My only intention was to comply with the campaign's request.

If this can't get the cooperation from places like Daily Paul and the facebook pages of RonPaul12 and Ron Paul Moneybomb HQ, then it might as well be taken off the front page of RPF. Sorry I bothered to try and do something. I just figured that those places would be happy to help promote this. Without them, this will only in most part be a RPF event...

Wolfgang Bohringer
07-31-2011, 09:53 AM
How about a "Murray Money" event?

The banking/financial establishment is scared shitless that the Ron Paul Revolutionaries don't buy the fake-libertarian Milton Friedman B.S.

The Wall Street banksters are afraid that this time they won't be able to divert libertarians like they always have in the past.

Rothbard is being resurrected and the plutocrats that mold conservative/libertarian minds are frightened.

The Ghost of Murray Rothbard Haunts The Economist:

http://www.garynorth.com/public/8302.cfm

RileyE104
07-31-2011, 10:03 AM
How about a "Murray Money" event?

The banking/financial establishment is scared shitless that the Ron Paul Revolutionaries don't buy the fake-libertarian Milton Friedman B.S.

The Wall Street banksters are afraid that this time they won't be able to divert libertarians like they always have in the past.

Rothbard is being resurrected and the plutocrats that mold conservative/libertarian minds are frightened.

If you can get the major RP outlets to go along, then go for it.

Ive tried everything I can to get them to recognize this one. If they don't want to pick it up then whatever. Whether or not this gets major attention is up to them now.

MelissaCato
07-31-2011, 10:19 AM

Great website.

Anyone know the website for Aug 3-12th ? Other than the FaceBook pages ?

RileyE104
07-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Great website.

Anyone know the website for Aug 3-12th ? Other than the FaceBook pages ?

There is not a website and there still hasn't been a facebook event created by the 'RonPaulMoneybombHQ' facebook page nor has it been promoted by the RP2012 facebook page or Daily Paul.

We're still waiting for them.. IDK if they're going to go with this. If they don't, it's just going to end up being a RPF event and wherever else it has been promoted... Unfortunately it still hasn't been promoted by the major RP outlets yet. I really hope they start promoting it before today is over. We're losing important time.

Wolfgang Bohringer
07-31-2011, 10:36 AM
One of my fellow agency-funded infiltrators posted this on your thread on dailypaul:

Murray Money
Submitted by Makram Chams on Sun, 07/31/2011 - 12:32.

Whenever and however y'all organize your next internet fundraiser, PLEASE make the theme something that doesn't make us all cringe. For example rather than celebrate some founding father or other half-ass libertarian whom the banksters would consider safe, let's strike while the iron's hot, while the whole warfare and entitlement system is about to collapse and celebrate Murray Rothbard whose ghost has the banksters in a full panic and whose ideas I think actually influenced Ron Paul more than any other economist or libertarian.

I agree with Wolfgang--my fellow agency funded operative over on rp forums--and think y'all should have a "Murray Money" theme to your next internet fundraiser.

Let me know if you know of anyplace else this needs to be suggested. Thanks!

MelissaCato
07-31-2011, 10:40 AM
OK, I guess I just promote online the ronpaulwins for now. I'm bored, too hot to walk around and canvass I'm still sun burned from the last 3 days, soo I'll do that early evening. :cool:

speciallyblend
07-31-2011, 10:47 AM
donating aug 3rd and then thru the week as i can!!

Wolfgang Bohringer
07-31-2011, 11:10 AM
If you want to do a multi-day event, you could name each day after one of Murray's evocatively titled books or articles.

For example, the whole series of days could be labeled "America's Great Depression" and each individual day could have titles like "What Has Government Done to Our Money?" and "Wall Street, Banks, and American Foreign Policy"

The campaign should pay somebody like Trevor to whip something like this up properly and quickly. It might recapture the $6 million dollar day spirit of 4 years ago. I'd say go with caricatures of Rothbard's face and bow-tie along with tons of short killer quotes that name the names of our fascist over-lords all tied in to the collapse of money and borrowing.

RileyE104
07-31-2011, 12:30 PM
If you want to do a multi-day event, you could name each day after one of Murray's evocatively titled books or articles.

For example, the whole series of days could be labeled "America's Great Depression" and each individual day could have titles like "What Has Government Done to Our Money?" and "Wall Street, Banks, and American Foreign Policy"

The campaign should pay somebody like Trevor to whip something like this up properly and quickly. It might recapture the $6 million dollar day spirit of 4 years ago. I'd say go with caricatures of Rothbard's face and bow-tie along with tons of short killer quotes that name the names of our fascist over-lords all tied in to the collapse of money and borrowing.

I like your ideas, I just want to add to my response over criticism about Calvin Coolidge..

The average Republican voter most likely doesn't know who Murray Rothbard is... One critical point in tying Coolidge to RP's campaign is that Coolidge was a Republican. You can argue about him all day but the fact is he is one of the only presidents during the 20th century who is SIMILAR to Ron Paul. I never said they were exactly the same and all I did was compare a few of their policies, not their entire lives.

Paulatized
07-31-2011, 01:36 PM
What about taking one of the Iowa Projects for each day starting on the 3rd and ending the day before the debate? It would start with the small projects and end with the big one. Maybe this would build interest across the 10 days up to the debate then go into an after a first or second place win in Iowa and on up to his birthday?

It wouldn't need a separate ticker the Iowa page updates instantly.

Magicman
07-31-2011, 01:53 PM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=235767306462794&view=wall&notif_t=event_wall

Everyone join this facebook event if you're donating August 3rd.

RileyE104
07-31-2011, 03:16 PM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=235767306462794&view=wall&notif_t=event_wall

Everyone join this facebook event if you're donating August 3rd.

I joined. Thanks for posting that!

EDIT: Check out this article from Politico about the "Tea Party" and Calvin Coolidge: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55295.html