PDA

View Full Version : Boehner still short. Krauthammer begs tea party voters to abstain from vote.

Agorism
07-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Boehner still short. Krauthammer begs tea party voters to abstain from vote so they can pass it.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/273135/krauthammers-take-rich-lowry

If they can’t get the last two votes, they can appeal to five no votes and say, ‘Look, you can honorably abstain. You wouldn’t be supporting something that you say that you can’t. But the future of the party and the fate of this debt issue is in your hands, because if we don’t succeed, we lose all our leverage, and we will end up worse off.’

Romulus
07-29-2011, 02:16 PM
TEA party FTW. Who says we can't make a change in policy? :) Are at least make life hell for the establishment. :)

TCE
07-29-2011, 02:18 PM
TEA party FTW. Who says we can't make a change in policy? :) Are at least make life hell for the establishment. :)

Dog and Pony show. This will pass and nobody will remember this two months from now.

Badger Paul
07-29-2011, 02:20 PM
I would like to see this fail only if stick it to Krauthammer and NRO. No more tricks! Honorably abstain my arse.

jkr
07-29-2011, 02:21 PM
GIVE US RICH geezers more free money OR WE WILL GIVE IT TO OURSELVES

F OFF!

Acala
07-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Krauthammer needs the debt ceiling raised so he can continue to satisfy his deviant need to rule the world with violence. A pathetic man.

Romulus
07-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Dog and Pony show. This will pass and nobody will remember this two months from now.

Perhaps. We have a few thorns in their sides. Soon they'll be surrounded by rose bushes.

bunklocoempire
07-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Look, you can honorably abstain.

Forget about that whore liberty, let 'er get kicked to the curb -don't get yer hands dirty.

The nerve.

Bunkloco

truthspeaker
07-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Ugh. Pete Olson's office is supporting the Bohner plan. They tried to convince me it was very similar to Cut.Cap.Balance. Also they mentioned a "cost cutting" committee would be formed of equal #'s of Reps and Dems.

I was told that if we were to raise the debt ceiling again, that a balanced budget Constitutional amendment would be sent to the states. Now, logic would dictate...wouldn't Congress just be able to "undo" this rule later? Anyone know?

TCE
07-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Ugh. Pete Olson's office is supporting the Bohner plan. They tried to convince me it was very similar to Cut.Cap.Balance. Also they mentioned a "cost cutting" committee would be formed of equal #'s of Reps and Dems.

I was told that if we were to raise the debt ceiling again, that a balanced budget Constitutional amendment would be sent to the states. Now, logic would dictate...wouldn't Congress just be able to "undo" this rule later? Anyone know?

This is all assuming that the Senate approves a Balanced Budget Amendment (they won't) and that there are enough states out there to ratify it. Typically the process is opened for seven years. So yes, maybe in seven years when a Balanced Budget Amendment is ratified, we'll have something, but obviously no one will want to make cuts. In seven years, in 2019, our debt will be at least $20 Trillion. It will be WAY, WAY, too late. This entire debate is a cop out.

youngbuck
07-29-2011, 04:14 PM

This is my guess too. I hope I'm wrong though, but then I would be surprised, and that rarely happens nowadays.

HOLLYWOOD
07-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Man it's close... Boehner got his BS bill passed... 218 with 10 to go
http://c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN/

angelatc
07-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Man it's close... Boehner got his BS bill passed... 218 with 10 to go
http://c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN/

After all this drama, Boehner wouldn't dare bring it to the floor without having enough votes. Heck if he is one short, the Dems should get Wu to vote yes just to get on with the next act in this passion play.

KCIndy
07-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Isn't this the same bill the Democrats were threatening to squash in the Senate?

Chieppa1
07-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Yup, all bullshit anyway.

HOLLYWOOD
07-29-2011, 04:29 PM
After all this drama, Boehner wouldn't dare bring it to the floor without having enough votes. Heck if he is one short, the Dems should get Wu to vote yes just to get on with the next act in this passion play.
Notice all the GOP snd Dem votes not cast'd until the last minute/sec... after the bill had already passed with the simple majority? I hate when these slimy holdouts wait until the last seconds to vote for "RE-ELECTION" badges on these huge bills.

LibertyEagle
07-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Notice all the GOP snd Dem votes not cast'd until the last minute/sec... after the bill had already passed with the simple majority? I hate when these slimy holdouts wait until the last seconds to vote for "RE-ELECTION" badges on these huge bills.

No kidding. :(

flightlesskiwi
07-29-2011, 04:54 PM
it's all a facade.

scrosnoe
07-29-2011, 05:13 PM
smoke and mirrors; not serious yet...

Romulus
07-29-2011, 05:16 PM

No one should see any results until the voting is over... another reason govt is a farce.

Dianne
07-29-2011, 05:47 PM
What I worry about, as this drama plays outs; is what kind of dictatorial bullshit Big Siss and Big Bro, the Congress are passing while we are distracted. Seems like I saw today, House passed legislation to force your IP to keep records of what websites you go too. And Obama was supposed to be a Constitutional Lawyer? If anyone believes that, I have a few parcels of land for sale, the Feds are about to confiscate from the owners, to bulldoze.

Obama already placed calls to the banksters last week telling them not to worry... there would be no default.. So this distraction is only to gang rape us on other issues. And believe me, when you wake up tomorrow you will have been gang raped !!!!!!

Dianne
07-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Krauthammer needs the debt ceiling raised so he can continue to satisfy his deviant need to rule the world with violence. A pathetic man.

No chit... who gives a damn what Krauthammer thinks about anything.... WTF gives that corporate owned piece of garbage any credibility?

FU Kraut.

UtahApocalypse
07-29-2011, 05:55 PM
No one should see any results until the voting is over... another reason govt is a farce.

that would make things much more interesting

headhawg7
07-29-2011, 06:20 PM

Yep....that is why the neo-cons such as mccain want it passed as well. They want spending increases and the govt to expand its authority the same as the liberals....just on different things.