PDA

View Full Version : Newsmax/Doug Wead: Ron Paul and the War on Drugs

harikaried
07-29-2011, 07:34 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/DougWead/legalize-drugs-ron-paul/2011/07/29/id/405266

Albert Einstein once quipped that "insanity was doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result." Barack Obama and all of the new serious GOP presidential candidates offer only more of the same, proving that our drug policy is indeed insane. That is, all presidential candidates except for one. The one exception is Ron Paul, who would decriminalize drugs.

This was one of the big reasons I was late to sign up for the Ron Paul revolution. I liked what he said about a return to constitutional government, about stopping the endless wars, about balancing the budget, about reigning in America's Empire and paying its bills at home. But what was with this idea of decriminalizing drugs? Wouldn't that make it worse?

belian78
07-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Great article.

sailingaway
07-29-2011, 08:00 AM
was just about to post this!

GreenLP
07-29-2011, 11:10 AM
But Ron Paul wants to raise the white flag up in the fight against drugs. WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!!

/neocon

Tinnuhana
07-29-2011, 03:06 PM
So is Doug Wead working on Pat Robertson and James Dobson for support? That would be something.

Motrprts
07-31-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure if this is really a question, about decriminalizing drugs, or if you were being rhetorical. However, consider this: How is the criminalization of drugs beneficial? I'm not talking about drug abuse or people using drugs that you wouldn't. Specifically, how is the fact that possessing or using some drugs is a criminal offense, subjecting the user to incarceration? Would you go out tomorrow and use these drugs if they were suddenly legal? I would not and I imagine the great majority of people would not as well. I would submit to you that it is an abuse of people's civil rights to subject them to prison for using a drug in the interest of "protecting them from their bad habit". Drug abuse and addiction is a health issue, most definitely. Let's get together and educate those who don't understand how bad drugs are for their health. Don't criminalize a bad habit that affects no one but the user (and I'm not talking about people driving under the influence, that is criminal and Dr. Paul is not suggesting that it be legal).

(edit) Ooops, sorry. I thought the user was posting this question. My mistake.

AGRP
07-31-2011, 09:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZbHndilYsI

speciallyblend
07-31-2011, 10:51 AM
drug war =domestic terrorism on the american people!!

antfreire
07-31-2011, 01:09 PM
But Ron Paul wants to raise the white flag up in the fight against drugs. WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!!

/neocon
The same question was raised in the thirties when discussing the infamous prohibition. The children were much better when prohibition was terminated. There were taxes collected from the sale of alcoholic beverages that helped to fund many good programs. Could any one imagine the money collected from the sale of regulated drugs? First thing that comes to my mind is that I would not have to pay for the rehab. of junkies, but they would pay for it from their own money.

Napoleon's Shadow
08-01-2011, 06:43 AM
was just about to post this!
Notice that when you try and post it on Facebook it changed the title to say "I'm with Ron Paul - Legalize Drugs - great idea".

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think NewsMax did this on purpose.

Sola_Fide
08-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Notice that when you try and post it on Facebook it changed the title to say "I'm with Ron Paul - Legalize Drugs - great idea".

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think NewsMax did this on purpose.

that sucks.