PDA

View Full Version : Any one notice?

Carehn
07-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Any one notice that Paul is showing respect, I guesss thats how you would put it, To boehner. I feel he thinks he will have to work with this guy as prez and he is trying to extend an olive branch. Im i seeing things? Or has any one else seen it.

brushfire
07-28-2011, 10:32 PM
I suppose there's always political capital to be gained, but that can be made while in office (leveraging the executive powers).

Ron was saying that he was empathetic, but I think Boehner is on his way out.

TheViper
07-28-2011, 10:33 PM
I think he gives respect to everyone. Regardless of whether he'll eventually have to work with them or not, agree with them or not, respect given back or not.

Carehn
07-28-2011, 10:37 PM
kinda hope you guys are right. and not that i blame him but he has 'shown empathy' quit a bit lately. I would do the same if i thought i had a chance at actually being the executive branch. I have just been noticing things i guess.

TCE
07-28-2011, 10:38 PM
He's treating Boehner like he would treat anyone, with a kind of distant respect but he knows they won't ever sit down over the proverbial cup of coffee to talk about anything of value or even talk at all. Ron isn't much of an agitator when it comes to taking shots at someone, so I wouldn't read too much into this. Ron knows this is a losing battle and Boehner and the Establishment will win this battle eventually, but he knows they'll lose the war.

Revolution9
07-29-2011, 06:00 AM
I saw it that he knows Boehner is having a rough time with the backroom clout insisting he herd the tea party coalition, Obama ready to diss any plan he coms up with just for political power points and the electorate on his back. His response is a human response who has considered the factors the other guy is up against. He is like grandpa looking at the younger generation squabbling and making common sense commentary peppered with wisdom.

Best
Rev9

asurfaholic
07-29-2011, 06:20 AM
I think the real question is did anyone notice that he doesnt resort to name calling and other child-like actions when the going gets tough. You guys are looking at a real MAN.

wgadget
07-29-2011, 06:34 AM
I think he gives respect to everyone. Regardless of whether he'll eventually have to work with them or not, agree with them or not, respect given back or not.

^this. Ron Paul is nothing if not a gentleman.

Acala
07-29-2011, 06:51 AM

Yup. And the fact that he has the clearest view of just how badly his colleagues are screwing up makes it even more amazing that he never ceases to be a gentleman.