PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani's 12 Commitments

X_805
06-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Rudy Giuliani Unveils Twelve Commitments to the American People

http://www.joinrudy2008.com/news/pr/286/

The Twelve Commitments:

1. I will keep America on offense in the Terrorists’ War on Us.

2. I will end illegal immigration, secure our borders, and identify every non-citizen in our nation.

3. I will restore fiscal discipline and cut wasteful Washington spending.

4. I will cut taxes and reform the tax code.

5. I will impose accountability on Washington.

6. I will lead America towards energy independence.

7. I will give Americans more control over, and access to, healthcare with affordable and portable free-market solutions.

8. I will increase adoptions, decrease abortions, and protect the quality of life for our children.

9. I will reform the legal system and appoint strict constructionist judges.

10. I will ensure that every community in America is prepared for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.

11. I will provide access to a quality education to every child in America by giving real school choice to parents.

12. I will expand America’s involvement in the global economy and strengthen our reputation around the world.

angrydragon
06-12-2007, 05:13 PM
He won't do a single one.

ARealConservative
06-12-2007, 05:25 PM
He should put his three marriage commitments on there.

zMtLlC
06-12-2007, 05:31 PM
He should put his three marriage commitments on there.

LMAO. How'd those work out? :p

A lot of that stuff is just rhetoric which I seriously doubt he'll stick to.

X_805
06-12-2007, 05:45 PM
A lot of that stuff is just rhetoric which I seriously doubt he'll stick to.

Yep. Just figured it was a newsworthy item to post. He doesn't explain how he will do anything on this list except for a few things like a national ID card for everyone, which I don't think very many people at all support.

mdh
06-12-2007, 06:17 PM
He won't do a single one.

I disagree. At the very least, I am 100% sure that he would keep on the offensive in the war on the middle east AKA the war on terror. Possibly by nuking Iran.

CJLauderdale4
06-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Look at the language in these committments:
- impose
- ensure
- provide access to

and the best one of all that makes every RP supporter shutter:
- expand

He's going to do this all by himself?? Maybe as mayor of New York you can impose, ensure, and expand, but in D.C., as Dubya is discovering, it takes a little more than that...

And as X_805 has pointed out, no explanation of "how" this will be done. He's stealing the Newt tactic of a contract with America before Newt decides to run or not. Nice tactic, but usually Newt has solutions, as good or bad as they may be...

angrydragon
06-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Yah, mdh that's right.

Typical political speak CJLauderdale4. Don't forget the politician's word, reform, never cut.

Newt's solutions require more government, as I'm sure Rudy's solutions require more government and more taxes while providing less freedom and more terrorists.

LeFou
06-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Did he say "'til death to us part" at any point?
;)