PDA

View Full Version : Paul is asking for our help - re: debt ceiling

tangent4ronpaul
07-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Ron Paul calls on supporters to lobby GOP leadership for no compromise

http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/28/ron-paul-calls-on-supporters-to-lobby-gop-leadership-for-no-compromise/

Rep. Ron Paul blasted top House Republicans for a lack of leadership and called on supporters to pressure top GOP officials not to “cut a backroom deal with President Obama.”

In an email sent Thursday evening to supporters of his presidential bid, Paul urged backers to “help [Republican leadership] make up their mind.”

“The Republican congressional leadership is susceptible to our pressure — good old-fashioned grassroots pressure,” Paul wrote. “That’s why I need your help to demand Republican leaders show some backbone and loudly say ‘No!’ to any business as usual, status quo-empowering compromises to raise the debt ceiling.”

“What you and I need is someone who stands for conviction over compromise,” Paul continued.

Paul is against raising the debt ceiling altogether, voting against the Republican-led Cut, Cap, Balance Act and promising to vote against House Speaker John Boehner’s bill to raise the debt ceiling with spending cuts.

Both he and fellow presidential candidate and Congresswoman Michele Bachmann have promised not to vote to raise the debt ceiling. (RELATED: Debt limit vote delayed)

Read the full email below:

With the White House determined to tack on TRILLIONS more to our national debt, I need your IMMEDIATE help to send a critical message to the Republican congressional leadership.

The sad fact is, right now, Republican leaders can’t make up their minds as to whether they want to lead or cut a backroom deal with President Obama.

What you and I need is someone who stands for conviction over compromise.

I have spent my entire career standing up for what I believe in, even if it meant standing alone.

Conviction and leadership go hand in hand. If you don’t know where you want to end up, it’s virtually impossible to lead.

That’s the problem Republican leaders in Washington have right now.

But you and I can help them make up their minds.

The Republican congressional leadership is susceptible to our pressure – good old-fashioned grassroots pressure.

That’s why I need your help to DEMAND Republican leaders show some backbone and loudly say “No!” to any business as usual, status quo-empowering compromises to raise the debt ceiling.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/28/ron-paul-calls-on-supporters-to-lobby-gop-leadership-for-no-compromise/#ixzz1TSQvRlWB