PDA

View Full Version : **Important additional REQUIREMENT for AMES AD** Designers -- check here!!

sailingaway
07-28-2011, 08:23 PM
VERY IMPORTANT: The PAC says: "All submitted ads must have the proper copyrights for the photography and have the "paid for by Revolution PAC, not affiliated with any campaign or campaign committee" and independent disclaimers on them.
Otherwise - Revolution PAC could get sued by the photographer and audited by the FEC."

dusman
07-28-2011, 08:27 PM
As far as independent disclaimers, do you mean something like "This was not endorsed by the Ron Paul campaign" or photographer credit?

sailingaway
07-28-2011, 08:31 PM
The one I've seen I added into the Pac disclaimer:

"Paid for by REVOLution PAC not affiliated with any campaign or campaign committee'. That was the 'safe harbor' language I saw on a booklet Angelatc posted here at one point for independent expenditures, in any event. (the , not affiliated with... part)

The photographer credit would depend on what the photographer needs. Gage usually wants credit for his but I suspect would waive it for this if we catch up with him. Time magazine I strongly suspect we are just not going to be able to use, unless they can get permission fast. But maybe you could put 'permission pending' if you have to get in touch with someone. Sunny said if necessary tomorrow morning that part could be finalized, but they WANT it posted by midnight tonight.

Thomas
08-03-2011, 05:34 PM
unsticky