PDA

View Full Version : Are we running out of money?

realtonygoodwin
07-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Are we (the donors, the grassroots, the voters) running out of money? Have you maxed out to the campaign? I know funds are pretty tight for me right now with our newborn, but how about you? It seems like we are creeping up in the polls, but haven't been getting the donations we need lately. The last money bomb was only $600,000...which is decent, but not by Ron Paul supporter standards! C'mon folks, let's help out! The campaign needs our money...we need to get more people to donate. I am afraid we have so many of the same people donating over and over, we need to get some new blood in to donate! Any ideas? If you are maxed out to the campaign, you can donate to the Revolution PAC.

libertybrewcity
07-28-2011, 08:19 PM
I am an unemployed college student. Whatever I donate comes out of my savings which is between 35-50 each moneybomb. I also try to donate 5 dollars every Friday. I probably won't max out, but I'll beable to donate more once I start my job at the beginning of September.

RileyE104
07-28-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm very low on money but I will continue to donate to the moneybombs and pushes.

FriedChicken
07-28-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm low on money, will donate what I can. I will also try to find a few more supporters to donate $20 or so to the campaign.

VoluntaryAmerican
07-28-2011, 09:53 PM
My car broke down--in the process of buying a new one--so yes.

brushfire
07-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Had the refrigerator compressor go out a couple of weeks ago - new refrigerator. But I still gave a few bucks - just the wife did not know about it.

Money just doesnt go as far as it used to, does it Ben?

FriedChicken
07-28-2011, 10:03 PM
We really need to work on expanding the amount of people who donate. I think an effort to get people to just donate $10 or more from each paycheck they get could add up to very significant amounts of money for the campaign.

d1sCo
07-28-2011, 10:04 PM
I am not at my donation cap yet but it's not like I have the money to hit that cap anytime soon. I will continue to donate what I can as each moneybomb comes along.

-d1sCo

nocompromises
07-28-2011, 10:10 PM
I might get banned from the forum for saying this, because I was already banned from the chatroom for saying this.

The last money bomb did not raise enough money to win Iowa.

We need to raise a lot of money to win Iowa.

If we want to win Iowa, we will have to dig deep.

Those that cannot donate, need to spread the word about the upcoming money bomb.

#edited for language cutting down grass root efforts#

specsaregood
07-28-2011, 10:17 PM
//

satchelmcqueen
07-28-2011, 10:19 PM
im low on money. not been getting even 20hrs the last few weeks.

nocompromises
07-28-2011, 10:25 PM
The fact is that if we want to win Iowa we need to raise a LOT of money.

Some people are thinking we can win with a moderate amount of money. There is near zero chance of that. If we are going to win, we will need to spend millions of dollars. The fact is the mainstream media has the public brainwashed that Ron Paul cannot win. I have talked to many Tea Party members, and they say they will not support Ron Paul because he cannot win. I have a friend and his wife in Iowa I'm trying to convince to support Ron Paul, but he will not do so. Why?

"Ron Paul has good ideas, but I don't think he has a chance of winning the straw poll or the nomination."

I tried to show him the fact that Ron Paul bought the best tent spot, that Ron Paul is running ads in Iowa, and that Ron Paul is going up in the polls. This has not been enough.

If Ron Paul is going to win Iowa, we will need to run so many ads every time someone turns on the TV they will see a commercial.
If Ron Paul is going to win Iowa, we will need to have so much literature being mailed that people will get it every time they check their mail box.
If Ron Paul is going to win Iowa, we will need to fund every single one of the Iowa projects.

This is going to cost a lot of money.

Without it, our chances of winning is very low.

We can raise this money. If we can raise six million dollars in a single day last year, we can raise as much right now. We just have to decide to do it!

The fact is Ron Paul has more supporters now than last time and he is doing better than he was last time. There is no reason for people not to donate.

However, some people seem to be under the delusion that we can win Iowa with a 550K money bomb. This is not the case!

I am not cutting down people who donated, but I'm cutting down the idea that we can win without a massive amount of funding.

This makes some people very angry on this forum. When I tried to stress this I was attacked, mocked, cursed at, and called a troll. Although I cursed at no one, and was simply stating my opinions I was banned from the chatroom.

We need to start taking funding even MORE SERIOUSLY if we want to win Iowa.

This is a fact.

If we don't raise another 1.4 million dollars or more, don't blame me if we only get third place.

satchelmcqueen
07-28-2011, 10:32 PM
ive gave a total of $300 and thats all i have for now.

Suzu
07-29-2011, 12:08 AM
If we can raise six million dollars in a single day last year, we can raise as much right now.

It was not last year, it was almost four years ago. The whole economy has tanked in the meantime. I've donated several times so far this year but have had to stop - apparently for the whole rest of the primary season, unless I come up with a miracle - due to lack of funds.

BUSHLIED
07-29-2011, 03:21 AM
I might get banned from the forum for saying this, because I was already banned from the chatroom for saying this.

The last money bomb did not raise enough money to win Iowa.

We need to raise a lot of money to win Iowa.

If we want to win Iowa, we will have to dig deep.

Those that cannot donate, need to spread the word about the upcoming money bomb.

#edited for language cutting down grass root efforts#

Banned for expressing your opinion?? That's wack. I agree with your assessment and Ron's recent letter requesting funds, only supports your assertion. The money bombs have been weak this cycle compared to 2008 for sure. No one can deny that. I'll refrain from stating my opinion on why that might be BUT, 600k is not enough to help win Ames. We need another 1 million at least within the next two weeks to handle any unexpected events or expenses that are going to pop up. What if they need more buses last min or more staffing...Murphy's Law...is a bitch

asurfaholic
07-29-2011, 04:32 AM
I try to donate when I can, but money is definitely tighter than it has ever been. I still donate even when its tough, but priorities usually leave the donations kinda small. 1st priority - tithe to church, 2nd priority - bills, 3rd priority - savings, 4th priority - invest in freedom.

Its down on the totem poll, and thanks to massive taxes and no purchasing power, what can I do? Been working alot of overtime, so thats helping

jt8025
07-29-2011, 05:15 AM
I'm maxed out. I'll admit I have been throwing any big additional money toward anything else like Revolution PAC. I've donated to a couple of chip-ins though.

Bobster
07-29-2011, 05:35 AM
The radiator blew in my truck, the alternator in my car, I'm paying for a wedding for my fiance and I myself (because we should be able to afford a wedding if we want to get married), and I'm trying to save for a new car because screw debt. Every money bomb I donate $20.12 and squeeze an extra hour or two of Over Time at work in to pay for it.

tl;dr: I'm broke, but I find ways to fund Ron's campaign.

pacelli
07-29-2011, 07:15 AM
There's only so much that folks can do. We definitely need more donors in order to continue funding the campaign. I'm maxed out, so my cash is now going to RevolutionPAC and a couple of trusted grassroots activists.

If we are going to win, we will need to spend millions of dollars. The fact is the mainstream media has the public brainwashed that Ron Paul cannot win.

True statements.

FSP-Rebel
07-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Agreed that we are running short on donors from last time around and not sure how to reel more in w/o a real campaign surge. Was hoping that Rand could help us out by campaigning and give us a nice extra boost in IA but he's working on his credentials during this debt debacle which will help us out in the months to come, assuming he starts campaigning then. I know plenty of Ron supporters IRL that just aren't money givers for whatever reason and most have more cash at their disposal than I. I try to lead by verbal example, that's all we really can do. Either way, I agree with most of what the OP said but I'm not gonna get into my view of the chat room (or some of its admin overlords) in this thread.

ds21089
07-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Call me crazy, but is there anything illegal about people "gifting" money to reliable people whom aren't maxed which can then be donated by them to the campaign? Hell I bet that's what the other campaigns do when they aren't taking money from big corporations and banksters.

Suzu
07-29-2011, 01:08 PM
is there anything illegal about people "gifting" money

Anyone can give up to $10k to another person (I think every year) without anyone incurring a tax obligation.