View Full Version : Rep. Schweikert Cuts Through the Bullshit

AuH20
07-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Very Impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGkEvoSod4Y&feature=player_embedded#at=88

matt0611
07-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Wow, that was pretty good.
I always liked Schweikert, he really seems like a genuine guy. Definitely one of the better reps in the house.

AJ Antimony
07-28-2011, 08:59 PM
I really like him, but I'll save my judgement until I see how he operates under a Republican administration.

TheViper
07-28-2011, 08:59 PM
That was fantastic. Really puts perspective not just on the scope debt crisis itself but also how pitiful the solutions being presented really are.

Kylie
07-28-2011, 09:04 PM
That was great!

Even my kids got it. They stopped playing their game when he said we borrowed 4.7 billion a day and listened.

And when he brought out the clock and started counting, even they said it's not enough. They are screwed, and they know it. And they're not very happy about it.

Cleaner44
07-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Very solid! I never saw him speak before.

TCE
07-28-2011, 10:07 PM
I always like some of the Establishment-types to entertain me while I watch C-Span. Jeff Flake, also of Arizona, is always an entertaining speaker because he peppers his speeches with jokes. I am thinking Schweikert is, at the end of the day, an Establishment GOP Congressman give or take a position or two, but hey, the entertainment is worth something, right? He might be an Establishment politician because he:

Supports the War on Terror (http://www.davidschweikert.com/winning-the-war-on-terror)

Although he might be better than that because he:
Voted NO on the PATRIOT Act (http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll026.xml) vote earlier this year.

Hmmm...

Kylie
07-28-2011, 10:11 PM
I always like some of the Establishment-types to entertain me while I watch C-Span. Jeff Flake, also of Arizona, is always an entertaining speaker because he peppers his speeches with jokes. I am thinking Schweikert is, at the end of the day, an Establishment GOP Congressman give or take a position or two, but hey, the entertainment is worth something, right? He might be an Establishment politician because he:

Supports the War on Terror (http://www.davidschweikert.com/winning-the-war-on-terror)

Although he might be better than that because he:
Voted NO on the PATRIOT Act (http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll026.xml) vote earlier this year.

Hmmm...

We are not going to agree 100% on everything all the time.

But we can voice our opposition to what they do at any time. That is our right.

And give them props when they do get it right. The majority of people will listen to what you say, if you really mean it.

bunklocoempire
07-28-2011, 10:18 PM
We are not going to agree 100% on everything all the time.

But we can voice our opposition to what they do at any time. That is our right.

And give them props when they do get it right. The majority of people will listen to what you say, if you really mean it.

Carrot, stick, carrot, stick, carrot, stick, STICK, STICK!

;)

Man it's tough with politicians!

Bunkloco

heavenlyboy34
07-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Wow, that was pretty good.
I always liked Schweikert, he really seems like a genuine guy. Definitely one of the better reps in the house.
He sounds pretty good here, but I heard him do an interview a few weeks back and he was not good on the issue of war and foreign occupation. I do like him better than the rest of the AZ delegation. JMHO.

heavenlyboy34
07-28-2011, 10:43 PM
Carrot, stick, carrot, stick, carrot, stick, STICK, STICK!

;)

Man it's tough with politicians!

Bunkloco
lol!! ;) +rep

AJ Antimony
07-28-2011, 11:09 PM
He sounds pretty good here, but I heard him do an interview a few weeks back and he was not good on the issue of war and foreign occupation. I do like him better than the rest of the AZ delegation. JMHO.

Flake is much better than Schweikert

Revolution9
07-29-2011, 05:52 AM
So is this Schweikert guy a tea party rep? Is he an Israel backer? He has good presentation technique.

Rev9

Paul Or Nothing II
07-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Don't know much about him but a VERY good presentation nonetheless & puts the whole deficit thing in perspective VERY NICELY :)

HOLLYWOOD
07-29-2011, 07:23 AM
People don't watch C-SPAN house/senate coverage 24/7... They watch audio/visual sound bites and out of context tabloid garbage spewed by FOX, CNN, ABC, MSNBC/NBC CBS and radio(NPR, Beck, etc). There lies the problem... don't believe the results? Watch any of those Partisan Propaganda channels and THEN, watch C-SPAN's Washington Journal where viewers call in and listen how they just parrot partisan talking points on what they watched and listened to from the "propaganda channels"

Another reason why it's very important to advertise on Radio & Television... where American drones spend a majority of their time glued to the tubez.

Lord Xar
07-29-2011, 04:47 PM
So I posted that video - and this is a response I got, am I missing something?

#
Why did I waste my time watching that video? First of all, who, pray tell, is proposing the "plan" in the video? Not pres. Obama. Not sen reid. Michael Moore? Really? Second, and I've asked you and your friends this before, but where exactly is the pressure to eliminate the deficit this year? Not from ANY financial market indicator....maybe a bit from the rating agencies...who have been nothing but wrong on credit evaluation. Third, a plan has already been enacted which solves the long run deficit problem. Its called the ACA. Have a look at the cbo analysis on it (if left alone)See More
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike
#
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs​/115xx

nobody's_hero
07-29-2011, 05:07 PM
This reaffirms my belief that there is no mathematical way to pay off the debt. We really have no choice but to default and start fresh.

Lord Xar
07-29-2011, 05:26 PM
This reaffirms my belief that there is no mathematical way to pay off the debt. We really have no choice but to default and start fresh.

What about the assumption that the Affortable Care Act will balanced the budget (see post above)?

nobody's_hero
07-29-2011, 07:25 PM
What about the assumption that the Affortable Care Act will balanced the budget (see post above)?

404 error at that link.

I don't think that they will fix the problem before the whole thing collapses. We do not have the right people in office to even implement the ACA. I don't even think trying to pay off the debt that nearly two centuries of politicians have burdened the American people with is (1) moral or (2) worth the effort.

flightlesskiwi
07-29-2011, 09:55 PM
So I posted that video - and this is a response I got, am I missing something?

#
Why did I waste my time watching that video? First of all, who, pray tell, is proposing the "plan" in the video? Not pres. Obama. Not sen reid. Michael Moore? Really? Second, and I've asked you and your friends this before, but where exactly is the pressure to eliminate the deficit this year? Not from ANY financial market indicator....maybe a bit from the rating agencies...who have been nothing but wrong on credit evaluation. Third, a plan has already been enacted which solves the long run deficit problem. Its called the ACA. Have a look at the cbo analysis on it (if left alone)See More
2 hours ago · LikeUnlike
#
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs​/115xx

wtf is this person smoking? the congressional budget office's analysis of obamacare?? what conclusion about it "solving the long run deficit problem" and i supposed to come up with?? that sh*t legislation like that is going to run us off the cliff at warp speed and makes complete utter default on EVERY entitlement/fiscal/debt obligation is inevitable? if that's it, then, yeah. that solves the "long run deficit problem."

404 error at that link.

I don't think that they will fix the problem before the whole thing collapses. We do not have the right people in office to even implement the ACA. I don't even think trying to pay off the debt that nearly two centuries of politicians have burdened the American people with is (1) moral or (2) worth the effort.

^this and a +rep for ya.

Carson
07-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Wow. I didn't realize how much I've been slacking. I thought I had been following their leadership.

Carson
07-29-2011, 10:26 PM
I was sort of wondering if he will get to all of the wars in his time scale. But then I remembered that they are costing us our integrity and most of the ideals we once stood for.

Not to mention all those unjustly wasted.

Carson
07-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Okay. He got to the wars and is calling it 3 hours. I'm calling it bull manure.

At first he showed the interest costing something like 40 percent, our maybe 10 of the hours. I would think just in interest on the wars there was way more than 3 hours added to the day in his example.

Look at the way the wars ran up the debt and inflation in our past before the new world order took over our war department. We used to fight wars pretty much one at a time.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/followthemoney/RobertSahrcurrencyvalue.jpg

heavenlyboy34
07-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Okay. He got to the wars and is calling it 3 hours. I'm calling it bull manure.

At first he showed the interest costing something like 40 percent, our maybe 10 of the hours. I would think just in interest on the wars there was way more than 3 hours added to the day in his example.

Look at the way the wars ran up the debt and inflation in our past before the new world order took over our war department and we used to fight them pretty much one at a time.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/followthemoney/RobertSahrcurrencyvalue.jpg
When exactly was that? Early 20th century? Ever since then, the wars tended to be on multiple fronts. /curious (I wish the DOD would go back to the original name-"War Department", btw. It would make war propaganda a bit harder to push)

axiomata
07-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Sounds like one of those "hip" preachers. Pretty effective presentation.

Carson
07-29-2011, 11:16 PM
When exactly was that? Early 20th century? Ever since then, the wars tended to be on multiple fronts. /curious (I wish the DOD would go back to the original name-"War Department", btw. It would make war propaganda a bit harder to push)

I sure didn't word that sentence that you highlighted very well. I'm back to the drawing board.

but yes. Earlier centuries. You can see whee they were able to list each time of devaluation of the currency with its own period of war. Try that now. Now it appears they are at war with all of us.

P.S. Was it you that mentioned liking the War Department term a couple of weeks ago. I do to. It seems so much more honest. I tired of these misleader's calling everything the opposite of what it is.