PDA

View Full Version : Ad: Are you a Blue Republican for Ron Paul?

justinpagewood
07-28-2011, 05:29 PM
I know some are not into this Blue Republican thing, but I put together a little design and did a photoshoot today. We need to add in the cool factor to reach the masses, like Obama did in 2008.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qkebJrRP-SQ/TjHvwvITARI/AAAAAAAAA-Q/wJcz2gt_tkE/s1600/blue-republican.jpg

sailingaway
07-28-2011, 05:32 PM
I'd really leave out comparing anything we do to Obama, I was right on board with you until I got to that, then flinched. I'm not sure we want the donkey, since we want to get anyone open to voting for Ron but on the other hand turned off by the neocon branding of 'Republican', yet on the other hand, we don't want it to look like we are asking people to game the system. We are asking those who WANT Ron to win to participate in the process fully, by thinking of themselves as Ron Paul Republicans or Blue Republicans (whichever) rather than signing up to be Bush.

On the other hand, this looks stellar.

d1sCo
07-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Nice work man. I think that this design will appeal to the younger/college aged crowd of democrats. Really digging the treatment of the type and the overall colors used in this. Are you planning on having a back for it as well?

Also I agree with salingaway in terms of "not trying to copy Obama". However, I think what Justin is getting at is Obama had a lot of edgy and slick design that appealed to young voters in mass. This right here captures that same kind of cool vibe without being exactly like anything his campaign ever did.

-d1sCo

Milfigures
07-28-2011, 06:43 PM
This is great work! Just the sort of thing that is needed. Remember all of those "Obey" style t-shirts and posters for Obama? He had much better graphics than McCain's dusty old stars and garbage. Go to an Apple store. Do what they do. Sailingaway, don't flinch. Obama ran a brilliant campaign and we all should learn from that.

Maximus
07-28-2011, 06:56 PM
This could be really cool to pass out in dorm rooms and on college campuses

sailingaway
07-28-2011, 06:59 PM
This is great work! Just the sort of thing that is needed. Remember all of those "Obey" style t-shirts and posters for Obama? He had much better graphics than McCain's dusty old stars and garbage. Go to an Apple store. Do what they do. Sailingaway, don't flinch. Obama ran a brilliant campaign and we all should learn from that.

*flinch* *Obama was style over substance* *flinch*

:p

realtonygoodwin
07-28-2011, 07:03 PM
sailing, unfortunately most Americans will respond more to style.

sailingaway
07-28-2011, 07:06 PM
I'll take style to get their attention to look into Ron, but no one is going to vote for a 75 year old man whose party is against him unless they understand he has substance the others will never hope to have. Somewhere along the way, we have to get that across.

But I did say it looks stellar.

I just wouldn't compare it to what Obama did to gain -- rather than lose -- points.

speciallyblend
07-28-2011, 07:12 PM
butters approves!!

dusman
07-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Obama's advertising in '08 was really on point. Not really because it was Obama's "style", but moreso it was really fitting to the trending design style of the time. That style is still very relevant today.

I think this is great. The only subtle adjustment I would make is the kerning between "[" and "Ron Paul" and "]" as it seems just slightly crunched.

Esoteric
07-28-2011, 07:23 PM
i don't care what they say about the "blue republican" thing.. This is fantastic.

Maximus
07-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Would the back side have issues that would appeal to the "Blue Republicans"?

Ending the Wars, Pro Civil Liberties, ending torture, end corporate giveaways, etc?

KingRobbStark
07-28-2011, 07:54 PM
I like the colors, but I hope you list the reasons WHY they should become blue Republicans.

speciallyblend
07-28-2011, 07:57 PM

Ending the Wars, Pro Civil Liberties, ending torture, end corporate giveaways, etc?

it should if it doesn't, great suggestion.

justinpagewood
07-28-2011, 09:12 PM
*flinch* *Obama was style over substance* *flinch*

:p

What about Style & Substance :D

justinpagewood
07-28-2011, 09:15 PM

I did make a card out of this at posted it at flyers.ronpauldesigns.com (http://flyers.ronpauldesigns.com)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sqSY8ko5gGs/Thts91IP7TI/AAAAAAAAA8Q/L_albVc7rPM/s1600/close-up.jpg

sailingaway
07-28-2011, 09:18 PM
I did make a card out of this at posted it at flyers.ronpauldesigns.com (http://flyers.ronpauldesigns.com)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sqSY8ko5gGs/Thts91IP7TI/AAAAAAAAA8Q/L_albVc7rPM/s1600/close-up.jpg

Nice!

MRoCkEd
07-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Good designs, but I hope everyone considers whether this effort hurts Ron more than it helps in a GOP primary.

FriedChicken
07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
It will help I'm sure. This is not a card/flyer I would ever just go handing out to just anyone - it is for young audiences you know voted for Obama and it does a fantastic job of marketing Ron Paul to them.
We need every vote we can get and being able to draw from a idealist democrat pool of voters is an edge Ron Paul can't afford to ignore --- however, Ron can't go courting the democrat votes without alienating the republican votes.

That's why we need to do this "dirty work" for him and these designs are probably the best thing I've seen in the way of materials to do this with.

Canderson
07-28-2011, 11:30 PM
I wanted to buy these flyers for a liberal coworker ripe for Ron Paul and a faith based flyer for my evangelical barber, but Id have to spend a lot for bulk amounts which I can't afford and can't use all of them. Any mixed packages with smaller amounts of all different cards in the works? Here in California jerrymandering has moved our right wing farther into Neo-Conservative extremeism and our left farther into big government principles, giving us a lot of political diversity requiring all different paths to convert voters.

despite this critisism (hopefully recieved as constructive) I want to thank ronpauldesigns for all they've done this early in the campaign