PDA

View Full Version : Any Updates on the Jay Leno Flower Shower?

ladyliberty
11-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Any Good News? Blowback? Some pics perhaps? How did it go? His interview went really well, but I have not heard anything yet concerning the flower delivery...

BIG_J
11-01-2007, 10:12 AM
I think that the studio gave the flowers to the FireFighters who were fighting fires, who took them home to their wives and families who are all now Ron Paul converts. I've estimated it takes me about 5 hours of work to convert someone. That, times my hourly rate which I say is around 20-30 dollars an hour is about 150 per person. Now, we probably just converted around 100 families for around 10-20 dollars total.

Great return on investment everyone!

erblo
11-01-2007, 10:12 AM
When I was there I heard that the studio refused the shipment twice. Some supporters were planning on picking them up and delivering them to local businesses, but I don't know if that happened or not.

BIG_J
11-01-2007, 10:15 AM
As per above they were sent to LA Fire-Stations by supporters.

LibertyEagle
11-01-2007, 10:19 AM
I hope we learned something from this.

coffeewithchess
11-01-2007, 10:19 AM
That's awesome. Way to turn a lemon(situation) into lemonade!

ladyliberty
11-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Good Job everyone!!!

jake
11-01-2007, 10:30 AM
how could flowers be bad? :confused:

well done team.

Meatwasp
11-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Sometimes things look bad and then a rainbow shows up. The firemens wives probably loved them.
Keep riding on the backs of butterflies

jmunjr
11-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Sometimes things look bad and then a rainbow shows up. The firemens wives probably loved them.
Keep riding on the backs of butterflies

I never though flowers to the show were a god idea, and now that we are told they went to firefighters and their wifes I'm thinking something else should have been donated, like perhaps money?

kevman657
11-01-2007, 10:42 AM
I still believe the money could have been used for other purposes. I feel terrible for the firefighters who are having to clean up this horrific wild fire. But that just isn't worth the money...I don't think it will convert them and even if it does it's not that many people.

Please be very selective about who you donate to. Unless you're maxed out, RonPaul2008.com and the chip ins for TV ads are the best way to go. Flowers, thank you cards, etc...we're not rich enough for that!

P.S. I told you this wouldn't have any effect media wise, and y'all blasted me. In fact, many people agreed it would return 100x the investment...come on now.

Adam Smith
11-01-2007, 11:01 AM
kevman: "Nyahh, Nyahh, Nyahh! It didn't work! I told you so! I'm so smart. Listen to me!":rolleyes:

kevman657
11-01-2007, 11:08 AM
kevman: "Nyahh, Nyahh, Nyahh! It didn't work! I told you so! I'm so smart. Listen to me!":rolleyes:

More like.. Kevin: "Please think about one's constructive crtiscim next time before writing them off as trolls."

Denying the truth and not admitting your mistakes is a characteristic of the neo-cons, Adam.

Hope
11-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Kevin's absolutely right.

McDermit
11-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Heh. The majority of us were against it from the start. A truckload of flowers are an inconvenience. A single bouquet would have been acceptable, although corny. And an edible arrangement would have been ideal.

Good job turning it around and all though.

Ridiculous
11-01-2007, 11:24 AM
People get these ideas in their heads an then won't listen to any criticism....

At least they were able to turn it around and get them to firefighters.

Adam Smith
11-01-2007, 11:44 AM
There's nothing wrong with what happened. Goodwill was spread.

Kevin, make sure your future constructive criticism is presented in a way that doesn't hurt people or turn them off, otherwise you won't get heard. And if you are proven to be right in the future about the outcome of a situation, be careful not to indulge in the "I told you so" moment. Otherwise, prepare to be ignored repeatedly.

rs3515
11-01-2007, 04:25 PM
If anyone wants to learn more about the specfics regarding the flowers, check out the long response on DailyPaul.com by Stormy. Ended up turning out very very well ... fire captains from the Burbank area were stunned by the offer and told her that they absolutely love receiving such a gift from the public.

Also some of the remaining flowers went to local businesses around the studio (with slim jims) and the last few went to St. Jude Hospital. All in all a very positive outcome. The following day the flower shop went back to the Tonight Show to deliver photos of all the flowers and everyone's notes that went with them.

M.Bellmore
11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
If anyone wants to learn more about the specfics regarding the flowers, check out the long response on DailyPaul.com by Stormy. Ended up turning out very very well ... fire captains from the Burbank area were stunned by the offer and told her that they absolutely love receiving such a gift from the public.

Also some of the remaining flowers went to local businesses around the studio (with slim jims) and the last few went to St. Jude Hospital. All in all a very positive outcome. The following day the flower shop went back to the Tonight Show to deliver photos of all the flowers and everyone's notes that went with them.

Someone local might want to get the newspaper to do a writeup on it.

Eli
11-01-2007, 04:40 PM
From now on I'm going to loudly and obnoxiously criticize every piece of grassroot efforts and every one that doesn't result in a huge explosion of popularity for Ron Paul I'm going to brag and say I told you so. Then when he doesn't become president I'm going to say Gosh they should of listened to me and not wasted their time and money on him.

/sarcasm

devil21
11-01-2007, 04:43 PM
P.S. I told you this wouldn't have any effect media wise, and y'all blasted me. In fact, many people agreed it would return 100x the investment...come on now.

Who's to say that Jay didn't get word of the flowers and what happened to them (redelivered to the firefighters) and thus go easy on Ron Paul during the interview? There are always things that happen in the background that we don't know about. Not to mention that I believe in karma and good deeds are returned in kind. So much negativity around here sometimes.

Brian Bailey
11-01-2007, 04:48 PM
The people who were being negative from the very start about the flowers annoyed me.

The people who are still being negative about the flowers now run the risk of losing all credibility as supportive members of our campaign community.

Why did you get involved in this effort in the first place? Moreover, what is your purpose in continuing to attack the hard work and dedication of others?

The whole concept behind Dr. Paul's campaign is, "Mind your own business. Be responsible for your own actions. Support your community."

Drop the 'holier than thou' demeanor. It has no place here.

Revolution9
11-01-2007, 04:50 PM
When ya toss a flower bomb and it explodes .. no matter where it explodes someones senses are brighter for it. Beats molotov cocktaikls and other such incendiary devices like Cheneys fumarole of rhetoric.

Best
Randy

Revolution9
11-01-2007, 04:56 PM
The people who were being negative from the very start about the flowers annoyed me.

The people who are still being negative about the flowers now run the risk of losing all credibility as supportive members of our campaign community.

Why did you get involved in this effort in the first place? Moreover, what is your purpose in continuing to attack the hard work and dedication of others?

The whole concept behind Dr. Paul's campaign is, "Mind your own business. Be responsible for your own actions. Support your community."

Drop the 'holier than thou' demeanor. It has no place here.

Smack em harder if ya have to Brian.. Welcome aboard.. The critics need to be stung with criticism as 95% of their drivel is trite, counterproductive, smarmy, obsequious, fearmongering or plain old disgruntled armchair quarterbacking best suited for lacklustre know-nothing pundits burbling away on some idiot Sunday morning psuedo news topics discussion show.

Best Regards
Randy

koob
11-01-2007, 05:47 PM
I feel terrible for the firefighters who are having to clean up this horrific wild fire.

Don't feel bad for the firefighters. They get paid for it--paid well. There was a fire just north of my town this summer. It wasn't nearly as big as this one, but it was one of the biggest in the history of Michigan.

When natural disasters break out there is always more than enough help to go around. And even though there are more than enough volunteers to help the firefighters that didn't stop our state from paying restaurants to feed the firefighters.

The firefighters do a job and get paid for it. And besides, there will always be hoards of people treating them like heroes.

Korey Kaczynski
11-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I think sending flowers was a dumb thing to do, but I'm both pleased at how the supporters on the ground turned the situation into a good one as well as I'm curious why the studio refused... any idea why?

Korey Kaczynski
11-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Maybe the studio didn't want to make it seem like they were doing ron paul a favor and instead want to maintain their integrity as an unbiased entertainment show.

That makes a lot of sense.

american.swan
11-01-2007, 06:05 PM
I am on the fence about this flower thing. The logo is great. The idea is great. But I am not so sold on the effect. The show turning some of them away!! I guess I'll say the flower idea is good, but we need a smaller explosion.

rs3515
11-01-2007, 06:09 PM
If you want to know more, read the detailed account on DailyPaul.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/4205

kaleidoscope eyes
11-01-2007, 08:10 PM
When ya toss a flower bomb and it explodes .. no matter where it explodes someones senses are brighter for it. Beats molotov cocktaikls and other such incendiary devices like Cheneys fumarole of rhetoric.

Best
Randy
nicely put sir! very poetical i think. ;)