PDA

View Full Version : Lets make 100 phone calls today, who's with me?

FriedChicken
07-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Make calls to Iowa using one of the phone banks available (personally I'm using the campaign's phone from home bank, but some have access to identified supporters through other lists so those count as well).

The goal is to make AT LEAST 100 calls a day as a group.

July 28th - 94 calls made by 2 participants

July 29th - 0 calls made by 0 participants

July 30th - 193 calls made by 3 participants

July 31st - 0 calls made by 0 participants

Aug. 1st - hurry and make some calls and post the amount you made in this thread - I'll add them up later tonight.

Total calls made: 287

FriedChicken
07-28-2011, 03:36 PM
daughter just woke up....

libertarian4321
07-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Okay, I just called Pizza Hut and ordered a stuffed crust pizza.

One down, 99 to go.

FriedChicken
07-28-2011, 05:53 PM
its sad/frustrating to see how many topics are being discussed throughout the day but when it comes to putting our money where our mouth is we fall short. We waste so many productive hours on these forums discussing things that would be productive if we actually followed through. Half the time we're just exchanging opinions on whether something is good or bad ... how does this help RP?

Meanwhile I start a thread with a very easy to reach goal (make 100 phone calls to Iowa through the campaign in a joint effort) and no one seems to care. We're too busy talking about the next money bomb or whatever - do that at night when you can't make calls. We need to step up our efforts right now.

FriedChicken
07-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Just made 10 calls. All I could fit in for now, hope to make another 10 or so later on.

FriedChicken
07-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Just made another 11 calls and found a Ron Paul supporter who is planning on attending Ames!

FriedChicken
07-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Made another hand full and found another supporter.

FriedChicken
07-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Alright, I'm done for the night. I'm not sure how many I made per calling session but the total number of calls came to 39.

gerryb
07-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Alright, I'm done for the night. I'm not sure how many I made per calling session but the total number of calls came to 39.

+1

This is using the campaigns system, correct? 39 calls and two folks committing to go to Ames? Were they all Ron Paul supporters?

FriedChicken
07-28-2011, 08:57 PM
yeah this is using the campaign's phone from home platform.
Probably 1 out of 4 calls picked up. 2 of them were RP supporters, only 1 of them was for sure going to the straw poll but he has been identified as a RP supporter to the campaign now - hopefully they will follow up.

johndeal
07-28-2011, 10:32 PM
I didn't see your thread but I made about 30 calls while my six month old was hanging out in her baby bjorn. Also made 15 calls during my breaks at work. Two Ron Paul supporters in 45 dials I think is pretty good. Also some of the undecideds tell me they favor RP but haven't totally decided when I finish up saying the call was paid for by the RP campaign committee.

Oh also made 10 dials at rp2012.org for voters ID'd by robopolling. Only one answer but she'll be at the straw poll with her boyfriend. So we'll say with your calls and mine we're close to the goal.

FriedChicken
07-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Day two!
Lets make 100 calls today! I'm a guest at somebodies home right now and probably won't be back in time to make calls today so will somebody take my place?
Please post the amount of calls you make in this thread - be sensitive about other information as we need to be careful what we put out on a forum that is [most likely] read by other campaigns.

I'll edit my OP when I get home to include the totals from today.

FriedChicken
07-30-2011, 11:09 AM
day two sucked.
Day three! Baby is sleeping so I'm going to get started now (noon on a Saturday)

Ben Richards
07-30-2011, 11:11 AM
I've been making calls, something like 60 today.

FriedChicken
07-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Made calls for a little less than 20 minutes. Kid just woke up so I may not be able to make many more today.

Ben = 60
Me = 13

So far today = 73.

freshjiva
07-30-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm making no less than 100 calls today on rp2012.org

Everyone should use that site, because they are now supplying robopolled numbers after you make your first 50 calls. The success rate on robopolled numbers is 10x greater than the cold leads the Campaign provides. I'm getting 2 Ron Paul supporters signed up to go to Ames out of every 10 people I talk to. That's just about the best percentage you can get, and it's pretty damn good.

davidt!
07-30-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm making no less than 100 calls today on rp2012.org

Everyone should use that site, because they are now supplying robopolled numbers after you make your first 50 calls. The success rate on robopolled numbers is 10x greater than the cold leads the Campaign provides. I'm getting 2 Ron Paul supporters signed up to go to Ames out of every 10 people I talk to. That's just about the best percentage you can get, and it's pretty damn good.

Fantastic!

freshjiva
07-30-2011, 03:02 PM
BUMP for a 5-star thread!

We really need to make a final push, people! 1500 calls have been made today via rp2012.org! Please sign up and start calling! Even if you can only make 30 calls, that takes no more than 30 minutes of your time.

FriedChicken
07-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Please explain the process of becoming a closer (someone who calls identified RP supporters) It is really just as simple as completing 50 calls? There is no other action needed? I thought you had to take part in a conference call or something to that effect.

This close to the Ames straw poll I do agree that if you have access to a list of identified RP supporters that is the best way to go. After the poll I'd recommend people keep calling through the official phone bank though - the cold calling gets some pretty valuable information to the campaign ... with that said, that information I think can be put on the back burner with getting voters to Ames being our top priority.

Stefan
07-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Efforts like these are what gets us closer to victory!

freshjiva
07-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Please explain the process of becoming a closer (someone who calls identified RP supporters) It is really just as simple as completing 50 calls? There is no other action needed? I thought you had to take part in a conference call or something to that effect.

This close to the Ames straw poll I do agree that if you have access to a list of identified RP supporters that is the best way to go. After the poll I'd recommend people keep calling through the official phone bank though - the cold calling gets some pretty valuable information to the campaign ... with that said, that information I think can be put on the back burner with getting voters to Ames being our top priority.

Yes, all you need to do is make 50 calls using the rp2012.org system. Once you're done, just hop onto one of the conference calls. The conference calls will be done multiple times during the day, so just log into the system to get the call # and the times.

Agreed completely about the cold calling vs identified RP supporter list. We do have those on rp2012.org. Just have to complete the 50 calls + listen to the conference call afterwards. You'll then be given a list of self-identified RP supporters to "close".

I'm currently calling this list of robopolled supporters, and the results are fantastic. I'm getting 2 people to commit to going to Ames to vote RP for every 10 calls I make. If you count the # of people those 2 will be bringing with them, the total is even higher. That's just about as good of a percentage as you can get!

FriedChicken
07-31-2011, 08:23 AM
Day four!

make calls this afternoon and post how many you were able to make in this thread. The number of calls made will be added up and posted on the OP.

Disclaimer: Keep in mind it is Sunday. I probably wouldn't make calls before 2:30pm because of people doing family lunches after church and stuff --- but maybe I'm being over protective.
If you make calls during this time it might be wise to go with the script in the opening and then asking "Do you have a quick minute to give us you're opinion on a few things?" or something to that effect. If you're calling identified RP supporters I wouldn't worry about it as much.

One more thing ... I won't be able to make any calls today. I'll be visiting my in-laws till late evening so somebody with a few minutes to spare please make calls on my behalf!
Thanks.

Oh, freshjiva, how many calls did you manage to make yesterday? I'll add 100 to the OP for now. I was able to make another 20 calls after my initial 13.

FriedChicken
07-31-2011, 12:11 PM
bump ... I'd say we're safe to start calling identified Rp supporters now. However, I'm leaving to spend the day with family. Someone take up the slack for me?

FriedChicken
08-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I made about 5 calls just now, I'll try to make more later.

ForLibertyFight
08-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Made 60 calls today.

I got 16 people committed to attending the Ames Straw Poll.

thehighwaymanq
08-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Made 60 calls today.

Awesome!

gerryb
08-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Made 60 calls today.

With rp2012.org robopolled lists?

FriedChicken
08-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Just made another 10, that makes 15 for me today and 75 for the thread's daily total.