PDA

View Full Version : Walter Jones to vote for Boehner debt plan? Paul Ryan trying to convince Amash too?

realtonygoodwin
07-28-2011, 01:41 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/60125.html

The private discussions are also taking place among other leaders, who are reaching out to rank-and-file lawmakers n their own. Budget Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) was seen chatting with freshman Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) as well.

North Carolina Rep. Walter Jones, who voted against the GOP’s more sweeping Cut, Cap and Balance bill, said passing the Boehner bill keeps the speaker’s hand strong in the final negotiations.

“We want to make sure that our leader, Mr. Boehner, has a seat at the table,” Jones said. “I don’t know what would happen if we don’t pass the Boehner bill.”

FSP-Rebel
07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Shame that either one of these guys might vote for this thing since Reid already called it DOA in the Senate. There's nothing to prove by supporting this thing except that they aren't cut from the Ron cloth. Maybe Boehner/Cantor/Ryan are sending out primary notices to those that aren't towing the line.

Brett85
07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
That story didn't even hint that Amash would vote for the bill. I wouldn't be surprised if Jones voted for it though. Jones isn't as strong of a fiscal conservative as many people here seem to believe.

ctiger2
07-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Amash better vote NO.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/173745-whip-list-on-boehners-new-plan-on-debtdeficit

LAST UPDATED ON JULY 28 AT 3:23 p.m.

House Republicans against/leaning no on Boehner plan (22)
Todd Akin (Mo.) — Senate hopeful is a no
Justin Amash (Mich.) — Not shy about breaking from GOP leaders
Michele Bachmann (Minn.) — Said on July 28: "I will not be casting my vote for that bill. I cannot. I am committed to not raising the debt ceiling." She voted against CCB*
Paul Broun (Ga.) — Against raising debt ceiling; voted against CCB*
Jason Chaffetz (Utah) — Possible Senate candidate told The Hill July 28 he is a no
Jeff Duncan (S.C.) — Told thestate.com, a South Caroline media outlet, that he is a no
Jeff Flake (Ariz.) — Senate hopeful said on July 28 he is leaning no; he could be key to passage
Phil Gingrey (Ga.) — A definite no
Louie Gohmert (Texas) — Planning to vote no
Trey Gowdy (S.C.) — Leaning no
Tom Graves (Ga.) — Firm no
Andy Harris (Md.) — Strong proponent of BBA**; Indicated to Baltimore Sun he is a no
Tim Huelskamp (Kan.) — Firm no
Jim Jordan (Ohio) — RSC chairman is strongly opposed
Steve King (Iowa) — Firm no
Raúl Labrador (Idaho) — Office said on July 28 he is leaning no
Connie Mack (Fla.) — Voted against CCB*; firm no
Mick Mulvaney (S.C.) — A no vote
Ron Paul (Texas) — Against raising debt ceiling; voted against CCB*
Dennis Ross (Fla.) — Leaning no, according to National Journal Daily
Steve Southerland (Fla.) — Lawmaker told AP he is a no
Joe Walsh (Ill.) — Said on MSNBC he is a no

sonofshamwow
07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
What an irresponsible and misleading headline. Amash was seen talking to Paul Ryan, someone he works with, and the author of this thread jumps to the ridiculous conclusion that he's voting for the Boehner plan?

Get a clue people. You do more harm to the cause of advancing liberty than good with irrational, hasty jumps to conclusion.

sailingaway
07-28-2011, 02:13 PM
West and McCotter are apparently going to vote for it

realtonygoodwin
07-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks for clarifying my thread title.

Yeah, West has been going on TV talking about voting for it.

realtonygoodwin
07-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Justin Amash to me - "Paul Ryan and I were chatting about something entirely different."

Could someone change the title to "Walter Jones to vote for Boehner debt plan. Amash gets mention in article, too."

Thanks!

realtonygoodwin
07-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Bump? Could a mod kindly change the title?