PDA

View Full Version : wake up call - Ron Paul trading at 1.6%

austinphish
06-12-2007, 05:06 PM
on the online trading site where you can litterally bet on anything by buying shares or selling shares short, Ron Paul to become the Republican Nominee is trading at about 1.6. He peaked a couple weeks ago at 3.

That means that you can buy 1 share of Ron Paul to win the nomination for 16 cents. If he wins the share automatically cashes out for $10.00. (you can sell at anytime so you don't have to hold the shares until the election). IMO, those are great odds so I bought me some shares, and the market isn't perfect, but it is right more often than wrong.

Giuliani is trading at 26%, and Romney at 21%.

Erazmus
06-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Can I get a link to this site?

tacitt
06-12-2007, 06:05 PM
www.intrade.com has contracts like this. tradesports and betfair offer contracts like this, but I think betfair is not open to Americans and tradesports is limited to sports.

G-khan
06-12-2007, 06:10 PM
on the online trading site where you can litterally bet on anything by buying shares or selling shares short, Ron Paul to become the Republican Nominee is trading at about 1.6. He peaked a couple weeks ago at 3.

That means that you can buy 1 share of Ron Paul to win the nomination for 16 cents. If he wins the share automatically cashes out for $10.00. (you can sell at anytime so you don't have to hold the shares until the election). IMO, those are great odds so I bought me some shares, and the market isn't perfect, but it is right more often than wrong.

Giuliani is trading at 26%, and Romney at 21%.

Can you short stocks? I would short the heck out of Giuliani

tacitt
06-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Can you short stocks? I would short the heck out of Giuliani

yes. if that's Giuliani's price, you'd risk 7.40 to win 2.60 each contract.

austinphish
06-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Yeah - it is really quite interesting. You can short shares. I will try and remember to post weekly updates (they come from intrade.com), or updates as things change.

The overall winner for POTUS odds are:
Clinton 34%
Obama 17%
Giuliani 12%
ThompsonF 15%