PDA

View Full Version : We prefer to support Ron Paul

Suzu
07-28-2011, 08:22 AM
I've got an idea to float here. I wasn't able to donate in the July 19th event due to being flat broke. But I may have a way to solve this problem and I'd like some feedback on it.

I'm flat broke due to paying cat shelter vet bills on my CareCredit (http://www.carcredit.com) account. My partner is also paying vet bills - more than I am, even. There's about $1k left to pay on the current balance, and to avoid paying interest, the remainder of must be paid off by January 2012.

Without these added bills I am stretched trying to live on a very small monthly income; with them, it's strict austerity - I barely eat, no frills, gasoline is out of the question. My partner's situation is very similar. He is a Ron Paul supporter as well.

To be able to donate to RP before the primaries start, I was thinking we might set up an online "garage sale" event, with all proceeds going into the cat shelter account (currently empty). This will free up some of our funds and that we can then donate to Ron Paul's campaign instead of paying the vet.

But I fear that I'll spend lots of time setting up the sale on the cat shelter website, only to have the whole idea fail miserably. So please let me know if you would consider participating in and/or promoting our "garage sale" donation drive - provided of course that you found an item or items that you could use, and the price was right.

Thanks.....

Suzu
07-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Well I guess I've got my answer: Fuggedaboudit!