PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Commercial

mhad
07-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Should we/RevPac consider a superbowl commercial in select local states (not the national 1M+ commercials)? My understanding is that local channel commercials during the superbowl are not very pricey..... Im thinking IA, NH, SC, etc.....? Something very edgy like most superbowl commercials. Thoughts?

steph3n
07-27-2011, 05:35 PM
No, waste of money.

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Who knows? There is a lot to be decided between now and then.

mhad
07-27-2011, 05:36 PM
No, waste of money.

Do you know how much it will cost?

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 05:39 PM

No but campaigns dont typically adv. On that date because its not cost effective

Paulistinian
07-27-2011, 05:56 PM
No but campaigns dont typically adv. On that date because its not cost effective

Agreed. I say let Obama run a see owl ad then attack him for wasting money in time of economic crisis.

07-27-2011, 08:48 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__-3V0tRrxWM/TDOXcABtubI/AAAAAAAAAc8/sPpOImgbCaE/s1600/DrEvil.jpg

RonPaulFanInGA
07-27-2011, 08:52 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__-3V0tRrxWM/TDOXcABtubI/AAAAAAAAAc8/sPpOImgbCaE/s1600/DrEvil.jpg

Incidentally, this is also the 100,000,000,000,000th thread here on this 'Ron Paul Super Bowl commercial' subject.

MJU1983
07-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Football is the most popular sport in America. Couldn't hurt if they have "extra" money.

Cleaner44
07-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Waste of money. Those same funds spread out for repeated commercials during the NFC and AFC Championships games would be more productive. People need time to absorb messages. One superbowl commercial does not do that. It is a very, very common mistake.

Repetition

Repetition

Repetition

libertybrewcity
07-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Money could be better spent.

mello
07-27-2011, 09:23 PM
I guess that the since there have been no presidential ads in the superbowl, it would be noteworthy & it would probably get more news stories from the MSM specifically about it which would end up being show multiple times for free. It would also give us the air of financial strength that we could spend 3 million bucks on a 30-second ad that would be seen by a billion people. A bonus afterwards is to have a post-superbowl moneybomb that could bring in another 3 million just to rub it in the other candidates faces.

Tinnuhana
07-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Not to mention, in areas with strong college conference play, college games would bew as good and you'd get all ages viewing.

UtahApocalypse
07-27-2011, 10:05 PM
The NFL does not allow ANY political commercials during the Super Bowl. this has been covered every year since 2007 on this forum Case closed. Done. Gone. Over.

Jackie Treehorn
07-27-2011, 10:07 PM
The NFL does not allow ANY political commercials during the Super Bowl. this has been covered every year since 2007 on this forum Case closed. Done. Gone. Over.

With authority.

MelissaCato
07-28-2011, 01:24 AM
See now we talking. Ya great idea !! What does Wallace have in mind for a race car ? Maybe we can get Tony Stewart ? (lol)

Article V
07-28-2011, 02:52 AM
Since one of the main criticisms of Ron Paul is that he's out of the mainstream, a really brief Superbowl ad where there is a captive audience could be persuasive. This is one of the only times when groups of people are together and actually watch the commercials then discuss them.

For example, think of this 15-second ad:

<black screen>
<sound of thousands chanting "Ron Paul! Ron Paul">

<chanting continues throughout as, white words in the RP font appear across the pure black screen>

Millions of grassroots Americans paid for this ad.

<words fade and are replaced...>

It was expensive.

<words fade and are replaced...>

They support a man of ideas who's time has come.

<new words appear beneath the above phrase>

And believe you will too.

<fade back to black>
<audible blast as the pure white Ron Paul campaign logo slams against the screen>

RON PAUL
Restore America Now

<continued sound of thousands cheering "Ron Paul! Ron Paul!">
<end of ad>

We'd only except unique maximum donations of $0.99 per person to guarantee that millions paid for the ad and to make the inevitable talked-about backstory of the ad even more interesting.

The ad would be so short with such a unique backstory that it would be replayed and discussed on every news network.

And with millions of 99-cent donors, there would be no denying that Ron Paul is mainstream.

It's something to consider.

Article V
07-28-2011, 02:58 AM
I should have read this before proposing my idea.

John of Des Moines
07-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Why not contract with both Super Bowl quarterbacks to say right after winning, "I'm going to vote for Ron Paul" a la the old "I'm going to Disneyworld."

MelissaWV
07-28-2011, 04:33 AM

This.

As for any other Super Bowl related idea, please remember that should be the time we are all in "win the primary" mode. It will be much too late by the Super Bowl for most people to change their party or become delegate-eligible by then.

libertythor
07-28-2011, 04:39 AM
This.

As for any other Super Bowl related idea, please remember that should be the time we are all in "win the primary" mode. It will be much too late by the Super Bowl for most people to change their party or become delegate-eligible by then.

College Football matchups are the way to go if they are allowed. It would probably be cost effective to run an ad in most major conference matchups by region. These would run from late August to December.

libertarian4321
07-28-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm pretty sure we can get a blimp and fly it over the Super Bowl for less!