07-27-2011, 03:13 PM
http://www.facebook.com/SmallBusinessesForRonPaul

evilfunnystuff
07-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Really...

...you couldn't put these all in one post? WTF

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-27-2011, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't have seen the "Small Businesses for Ron Paul," which is the one that applies to me, if he had put them all in one.

evilfunnystuff
07-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't have seen the "Small Businesses for Ron Paul," which is the one that applies to me, if he had put them all in one.

He could have made one post for facebook/soc media coalitions for Ron Paul pages and kept it bumped, and if you hadn't seen it it would have been your own fault.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-27-2011, 03:29 PM
He could have made one post for facebook/soc media coalitions for Ron Paul pages and kept it bumped, and if you hadn't seen it it would have been your own fault.

It might have been my fault, but I still wouldn't have seen it. I only get on here a couple times a week, and then I scan the topics.

evilfunnystuff
07-27-2011, 03:59 PM
It might have been my fault, but I still wouldn't have seen it. I only get on here a couple times a week, and then I scan the topics.

Then I would think one or maybe two threads regarding fb/soc med coalitions either stickied or regularly bumped would have caught you attention without creating more clutter for you to sort through.

By making a million threads about one topic just pushes others back. You might end up missing something more important because you don't have time to go through them all.

If you don't make it here often or don't have much time, I would think most would prefer things to be more organized with less clutter so you can get more pertinent info quicker.

If you think facebook groups for Ron are important, I would think you would click on a thread titled facebook/social media groups for Ron Paul.

Sweman
07-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Then I would think one or maybe two threads regarding fb/soc med coalitions either stickied or regularly bumped would have caught you attention without creating more clutter for you to sort through.

By making a million threads about one topic just pushes others back. You might end up missing something more important because you don't have time to go through them all.

If you don't make it here often or don't have much time, I would think most would prefer things to be more organized with less clutter so you can get more pertinent info quicker.

If you think facebook groups for Ron are important, I would think you would click on a thread titled facebook/social media groups for Ron Paul.+rep. Any moderator care to create such a thread?

Dorfsmith
07-27-2011, 04:09 PM
It's not hard to find the threads you want at the top and bump them. ;)

The official campaign needs likes on these pages. Why not help them out?

evilfunnystuff
07-27-2011, 04:26 PM
It's not hard to find the threads you want at the top and bump them. ;)

The official campaign needs likes on these pages. Why not help them out?

Your first sentence makes my point.

If Collins thought it was important he could have kept the topic bumped.

Some good threads get buried quickly and hardly seen. I do my best to go through once a day and bump any neglected unnoticed threads of quality back to the top, but the new threads button will only show the 200 most recent threads posted to(theres a lot more new posts that that but they get cut off). It is a PITA to go into every sub forum individually and scroll through check dates & times to look for new posts which is why once something goes off the new posts page you will rarely ever see it again, unless it was a very popular thread that people remember and bring back.

I have nothing against helping out these coalitions.

I'm trying to help out those who have posted good ideas that might have slipped by, and the people who would like to see and discuss them... by encouraging people to keep things organized and not turbo-post a bunch of repeats.