PDA

View Full Version : Philly Rally, as best as I can figure it right now!

Sematary
11-01-2007, 08:45 AM
After speaking to several people in Philadelphia and going on the Email from Tom and after speaking to Brandon at the campaign headquarters I first get the sense that alot of people are upset with the venue change. That is obvious.

I've gotten a ton of pm's and emails from people who are planning on going to Philly but won't go to a smaller venue, period. The only word I got from Tom (PA organizer for the campaign) and Brandon (campaign hq) is that the rally location IS going to change. As of this moment there are conflicting reasons given for this change but I'm not going to put words in the campaign's mouth. I'm hoping they can give us an up front explanation of why they would make this change this close to the actual date.

I honestly don't know if the Independence Mall venue can be saved or not. The campaign apparently realizes the hardship this will cause many who have already made travel plans and who knows what will happen to the 10,000 fliers the Philly meetup distributed. Will those people who got those show if the venue moves? Who knows. What I DO KNOW is that the campaign, at this moment, has chosen to go to a different venue. The date is the same and the time (12-3) hasn't changed to my knowledge. From what I understand, wherever the venue ends up being, it will still be in or near Philadelphia but the exact location has not been announced as of yet. Personally, I would still encourage people to call and email the campaign and ask them, if at all possible, to retain the original location.

ItsTime
11-01-2007, 08:54 AM

margomaps
11-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Well, I hope this works out.

If the venue is the Penn campus, as was mentioned as a possibility, then it will not affect anyone's travel plans significantly. It's a short subway ride from the Independence Mall area to Penn's campus. I've walked it before too, though it wouldn't be as pleasant on a chilly mid-November day.

Sematary
11-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Well, I hope this works out.

If the venue is the Penn campus, as was mentioned as a possibility, then it will not affect anyone's travel plans significantly. It's a short subway ride from the Independence Mall area to Penn's campus. I've walked it before too, though it wouldn't be as pleasant on a chilly mid-November day.

You and me both.

ross11988
11-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Hell have it at the Spectrum Arena because im going to the Wachovia Arena for the Flyers game that night, so I just have to walk across the street!

walt
11-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Move the event time back, have shuttle buses. That is the only solution that is acceptable.

BLS
11-01-2007, 09:07 AM
it's unfortunate that this is going on, but there must be a good reason.

I was contemplating flying out with another RP supporter from my meetup, but I don't think I will now. I have conflicting plans anyway, so this really just made my mind up for me.

I don't want to discourage others from going though. We still need to make a splash.

Sematary
11-01-2007, 09:10 AM
it's unfortunate that this is going on, but there must be a good reason.

I was contemplating flying out with another RP supporter from my meetup, but I don't think I will now. I have conflicting plans anyway, so this really just made my mind up for me.

I don't want to discourage others from going though. We still need to make a splash.

I still plan on going no matter where they hold it.