PDA

View Full Version : Bob Beckel: Obama Best Economic President since FDR

AuH20
07-26-2011, 10:49 PM
I think he meant TYRANT but we'll give him a pass. ;)

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/greghengler/2011/07/26/bob_beckel_barack_obama_is_the_greatest_economic_p resident_since_fdr

http://www.conservative.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Obama-FDR.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEM10nI5w5E&feature=player_embedded

trey4sports
07-26-2011, 10:51 PM
can't stand the guy. He's funny though

kahless
07-26-2011, 10:58 PM
This guy is so over the top it is ridiculous and unwatchable. I have not watched "The Five" yet specifically because I heard he was one of the hosts. The only thing I can guess that allows him to get away with it and why they have him on is because he has that middle America, working man fatherly look the average Joe relates to.

-C-
07-26-2011, 11:56 PM
7million jobs a year created by FDR's "new deal" from 1933 to 43, the TVA was built, among other water projects.

What the hell has this president done that is anything close to that? A comparison of the two are like night and day. Get real.

Cutlerzzz
07-27-2011, 12:20 AM
7million jobs a year created by FDR's "new deal" from 1933 to 43, the TVA was built, among other water projects.

What the hell has this president done that is anything close to that? A comparison of the two are like night and day. Get real.

The New Deal destroyed a shitload of jobs. More than 7 years after the Roosevelt took office the unemployment rate was at over 20%.

Obama has not been as bad as Roosevelt. It's sad, but true.

Don Lapre
07-27-2011, 01:01 AM
I also saw Beckel say the other day that no president has been as harshly criticized as ObaMao.

It's not what I've seen.

I've seen nothing but the media slurping his crank at every opportunity.

Well, every entertainment show needs a clown.

Bob Beckel.

dannno
07-27-2011, 01:20 AM
The New Deal destroyed a shitload of jobs. More than 7 years after the Roosevelt took office the unemployment rate was at over 20%.

Patience, grasshoppa.

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 01:22 AM

lol...... uhmmm.... no, err :(

LatinsforPaul
07-27-2011, 01:33 AM

They are probably about the same, because we all know the real unemployment numbers are above 20%.

Cutlerzzz
07-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Patience, grasshoppa.

True, but there is a good chance that Obama will be gone in less than two years. If he can avoid a World War for that long, he wins.

Cutlerzzz
07-27-2011, 02:12 AM
They are probably about the same, because we all know the real unemployment numbers are above 20%.

Yeah, but real unemployment during the 1930s was generally close to 10% higher than was reported, just like now.

oyarde
07-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Yeah, but real unemployment during the 1930s was generally close to 10% higher than was reported, just like now.

Actually , it is slightly worse now than then . At that time there were five people looking for each job becoming available , now it is six.

oyarde
07-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Bob is kind of funny , but he is also very mentally handicapped , do to my upbringing , I cannot laugh at the deranged .

Cutlerzzz
07-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Actually , it is slightly worse now than then . At that time there were five people looking for each job becoming available , now it is six.

http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/u3-and-u6-unemployment-during-great-depression

FreedomProsperityPeace
07-27-2011, 03:23 PM
He annoys the crap out of me. I can't watch The Five, or the prime time shows when he's a guest. He needs to go.

Zippyjuan
07-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I would actually give the title of Best Economic President to Clinton. Despite being given the gift of soaring tax revenues from the stock market bubble, he and congress resisted going out and spending all that money (it is important to remember that it is Congress which writes any spending and taxation legislation so it is is they- not the president- who have the real economic power). They instituted "pay as you go" for any new programs and also saw the smallest growth in government spending during hsi term of any modern president. It was the closest we have been in a long time to fiscal order- where spending did not increase significantly and an attempt was made to actually reduce the deficit.