PDA

View Full Version : We simply CAN'T wait until 9/17 for our next moneybomb!

trey4sports
07-26-2011, 10:47 PM
PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING

Plain and simple, we can't wait until less than two weeks from the end of Q3 to have our next moneybomb.

You have to give donors (especially when they're small amount donors) time to reload and you can't expect to get someone to commit to donating on constitution day and then again in a week for the end of quarter push or at least donate as much had they had 5 weeks to save up for the next event!

You're going to raise more money if you have a moneybomb sometime in August and then give donors a month or 5 weeks to reload and donate again @ the end of quarter push.

We've raised roughly 700K this quarter and we cannot wait until the last 2 weeks of the quarter for another moneybomb. On top of that, try to put TWO fundraising events within weeks of each other? You're going to the well too many times too quickly in this scenario and it won't work!

9/17 is a great rallying point and go ahead, have a money bomb but there is untapped potential waiting in August we MUST capitalize on if were going to have a good fundraising quarter!

If we wait until 9/17 we will have roughly 2 weeks to raise 4 million if we want to have a 5 million dollar quarter (assuming we raise 300,000 between now and then) to me, it seems spacing them out would bring in more money.

RileyE104
07-26-2011, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't mind an early September moneybomb....

- September 5th, 1774 – First Continental Congress assembles in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

- September 9th, 1776 – The Continental Congress officially names its new union of sovereign states the United States.

- September 11th.... We could commemorate those lost due to the blowback that resulted from an interventionist foreign policy.

Maybe we could commemorate one of those dates?
I mean, this would be in between the Aug.20 and Sept.17 dates...
Seems like a good compromise to me.

******* Sorry for the double post.. IDK how that happened.

RileyE104
07-26-2011, 11:36 PM

- September 5th, 1774 – First Continental Congress assembles in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

- September 9th, 1776 – The Continental Congress officially names its new union of sovereign states the United States.

- September 11th.... We could commemorate those lost due to the blowback that resulted from an interventionist foreign policy.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-26-2011, 11:41 PM
PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING

Plain and simple, we can't wait until less than two weeks from the end of Q3 to have our next moneybomb.

You have to give donors (especially when they're small amount donors) time to reload and you can't expect to get someone to commit to donating on constitution day and then again in a week for the end of quarter push or at least donate as much had they had 5 weeks to save up for the next event!

You're going to raise more money if you have a moneybomb sometime in August and then give donors a month or 5 weeks to reload and donate again @ the end of quarter push.

We've raised roughly 700K this quarter and we cannot wait until the last 2 weeks of the quarter for another moneybomb. On top of that, try to put TWO fundraising events within weeks of each other? You're going to the well too many times too quickly in this scenario and it won't work!

9/17 is a great rallying point and go ahead, have a money bomb but there is untapped potential waiting in August we MUST capitalize on if were going to have a good fundraising quarter!

If we wait until 9/17 we will have roughly 2 weeks to raise 4 million if we want to have a 5 million dollar quarter (assuming we raise 300,000 between now and then) to me, it seems spacing them out would bring in more money.

respectfully, you're wrong.

RileyE104
07-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Another possible date could be August 29th to commemorate the birth of John Locke (possible "birth of liberty" theme?) in 1632...

** I'm just trying to find some middle ground.. People think Aug.20 is too early and others think Sept.17 is too late.

trey4sports
07-26-2011, 11:47 PM
respectfully, you're wrong.

Then tell me why i'm wrong.

RileyE104
07-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Then tell me why i'm wrong.

Because people think having a moneybomb every 31 days is too soon.

We had May 5th, then we had June 4th (which was really pushing it IMO, we were lucky we got a million), then we had the end of quarter push during the last two weeks of June, which was followed by another moneybomb about two weeks later on July 19th.

People are simply saying that the next one should be a little more down the line.

trey4sports
07-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Because people think having a moneybomb every 31 days is too soon.

so you'd rather wait until we have two weeks left in the quarter to raise the 4 million needed to beat last quarter?

you're not going to get the same donors to throw down for a moneybomb and then an end of the quarter push a week later.

RileyE104
07-26-2011, 11:59 PM
so you'd rather wait until we have two weeks left in the quarter to raise the 4 million needed to beat last quarter?

you're not going to get the same donors to throw down for a moneybomb and then an end of the quarter push a week later.

I'm just giving the argument.

I support something in between both dates though if others are willing to compromise.

speciallyblend
07-27-2011, 12:09 AM
people donate everyday if you can etc etc. no need to wait for moneybombs!! They need the money sooner then later period!! I am gonna donate something in the next 2 weeks.

libertybrewcity
07-27-2011, 12:15 AM
We don't have to go all out for both moneybombs. During the Ames Straw Poll/Debate Day we can have another 500k moneybomb. And then at the end of the Quarter go for a 1.5 or 2 million moneybomb. The end of quarter could be over a period of 5-10 days.

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 12:36 AM
We don't have to go all out for both moneybombs. During the Ames Straw Poll/Debate Day we can have another 500k moneybomb. And then at the end of the Quarter go for a 1.5 or 2 million moneybomb. The end of quarter could be over a period of 5-10 days.

I'm hoping that we can net at least 1 million in August otherwise fundraising this quarter will be very bleak.

we have 700k raised so far + 1 million August + 2 million September = 3.7 million which is very low.

Ideally, we should be on stride for 8 - 10 million since we did 4.6 last quarter. Lack of funds could become our Achilles heel if we don't pick it up.

libertybrewcity
07-27-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm hoping that we can net at least 1 million in August otherwise fundraising this quarter will be very bleak.

we have 700k raised so far + 1 million August + 2 million September = 3.7 million which is very low.

Ideally, we should be on stride for 8 - 10 million since we did 4.6 last quarter. Lack of funds could become our Achilles heel if we don't pick it up.

I think a lot of people are not very interested in politics this early on. Ames Straw Poll usually marks the beginning of the race and narrows the field down a bit. Ron Paul supporters always come through. We won't fail this time. Give us five minutes before the quarter ends and we'll make magic happen.

pauliticalfan
07-27-2011, 12:57 AM
I think a lot of people are not very interested in politics this early on. Ames Straw Poll usually marks the beginning of the race and narrows the field down a bit. Ron Paul supporters always come through. We won't fail this time. Give us five minutes before the quarter ends and we'll make magic happen.

If the trend holds true from 07 when we raised 2x more in Q3 than Q2, 8 mil+ should be a goal. At the very least, we should be raising more this quarter than last quarter.

Paul Or Nothing II
07-27-2011, 02:41 AM
I agree with OP, we can't wait till 9/17 & HOPE that we'll've a huge moneybomb. I think there HAS TO BE one immediately after Ames since there's a good chance that Ron will win it & then we'll likely have some new donors, especially those from the last election who may be sitting on the fence right now & also "I like him but he can't win" people might be convinced of his ability to win bigger events so we MUST cash in on all this invigorated support IMMEDIATELY AFTER Ron wins Ames or it'll be an opportunity gone begging :(

helmuth_hubener
07-27-2011, 04:02 AM
The Treaty of Paris was signed on Sept. 3, 1783.

It declared peace between Great Britain and the new country of the United States. Great Britain recognized the independence of the American colonies.

July 4th we declared independence, September 3rd we got it.

pacelli
07-27-2011, 05:59 AM
people donate everyday if you can etc etc. no need to wait for moneybombs!! They need the money sooner then later period!!

This.

Invi
07-27-2011, 06:04 AM

No offense intended, but am I the only one who thinks Sept. 11 would be in poor taste?
I understand commemorating.. But using it for fundraising? :-/

speciallyblend
07-27-2011, 06:07 AM
moneybomb should be the day after ames straw poll?

ronpaulyourmom
07-27-2011, 06:11 AM
No offense intended, but am I the only one who thinks Sept. 11 would be in poor taste?
I understand commemorating.. But using it for fundraising? :-/

Agreed, in poor taste; stay away from 9/11.

V3n
07-27-2011, 06:26 AM
I think some people are waiting for the Ames Poll to see how he does, no one here of course because we're the die-hards, but people who gave til it hurt last cycle, and were disillusioned when their investment 'didn't pay off' (of course it did in so many other ways!).. those people may be waiting for a 1st or 2nd place finish before letting themselves get excited again.

The sooner after the poll, the better to capitalize on their renewed excitement.

Sweman
07-27-2011, 06:37 AM
The ticker is still here: http://www.dailypaul.com/171095/ron-paul-money-bomb-midnight-tonight

Only $6000 left to 700,000!!!

We need to promote fundraising all the time. Start now to reach 700,000 before Ames. That will be done in days. Easy. Next stop is 800,000, and so on. The debate evening could be a mini-push. Don't set a final goal. Go for 100,000 increments.

After a success in the straw poll there won't be a problem to have both a money bomb and an end of quarter push.

We should do more than planning the next bomb. We could need some positive desperation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_9zH9Q44o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_9zH9Q44o

RonPaul101.com
07-27-2011, 07:48 AM
The ticker is still here: http://www.dailypaul.com/171095/ron-paul-money-bomb-midnight-tonight

Only $6000 left to 700,000!!!

We need to promote fundraising all the time.

Agreed. I donated $56 yesterday that I made hosting a flea market sale event on Sunday. This thread confuses me though, the original argument in this thread is that having MB's too frequently drains donors, and I agree it does, but why then is the arguement changed to lets have one in Ausgust and still keep the other two? Aren't 4 money bombs a quarter (7/19, 8/20, 9/17, 9/30) much more draining then just three?

Napoleon's Shadow
07-27-2011, 07:50 AM
The next Money Bomb needs to be the end of the quarter.

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 11:31 AM
The next Money Bomb needs to be the end of the quarter.

unfortunately, that's not the best way to raise the most amount of money.

Paul4Prez
07-27-2011, 11:54 AM
9/17 is definitely not too close to the end of the quarter, judging from the historical example of the the 12/16/07 moneybomb, which preceded a very effective end of quarter push.

White Bear Lake
07-27-2011, 11:56 AM

Paul is transfering 1.5 Million from his congressional account which will be counted this quarter. Therefore we have at least 2.2 Million already this quarter.

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 11:59 AM
9/17 is definitely not too close to the end of the quarter, judging from the historical example of the the 12/16/07 moneybomb, which preceded a very effective end of quarter push.

This isn't 07.

The quarter ends on Sept. 30th, so you think we can effectively tap the same donor base within (at most) 13 days apart? That's better than tapping our donor base 5 - 6 weeks apart?

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Paul is transfering 1.5 Million from his congressional account which will be counted this quarter. Therefore we have at least 2.2 Million already this quarter.

right. Well you're correct in the sense that it will show up and be counted but if we have to rely on that money to get back to what we did last quarter its not a good scenario for our fundraising going forward.

tribute_13
07-27-2011, 12:03 PM
If we focused on smaller but more frequent moneybombs, it'll keep us in the headlines. If we did two $250,000 a month over 1 $5,000,000 moneybomb a quarter, it'll allow us to keep a steady cashflow as well as maintaining a presence in MSM for our achievements.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-27-2011, 12:06 PM
unfortunately, that's not the best way to raise the most amount of money.

no, the best way is for people to stop wasting so much time here "planning" a moneybomb and get out on the internet and the real world encouraging people to donate RIGHT THE F NOW!

this is just a bunch of silliness.

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Agreed. I donated $56 yesterday that I made hosting a flea market sale event on Sunday. This thread confuses me though, the original argument in this thread is that having MB's too frequently drains donors, and I agree it does, but why then is the arguement changed to lets have one in Ausgust and still keep the other two? Aren't 4 money bombs a quarter (7/19, 8/20, 9/17, 9/30) much more draining then just three?

The point i'm making is that the majority wants to wait until we have two 2 weeks left in the quarter and tap our donor base twice in the last two weeks, rather than tap them once in August and the once again 5 weeks later.

I think people think we will magically have a 4 million dollar day on 9/17 but that is not how our fundraising has gone thus far. Instead we will likely raise 1.5 million or so and we'll end up with what we've raised thus far (700k) + (1.5M on constitution day) = 2.2 million we've raised and then we'll go into a end of quarter push with a DRY donor base because they just frickin donated a week ago!

If we have a decent bomb in August then we can push forward with an end of the quarter push starting on constitution day.

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 12:12 PM
no, the best way is for people to stop wasting so much time here "planning" a moneybomb and get out on the internet and the real world encouraging people to donate RIGHT THE F NOW!

this is just a bunch of silliness.

moneybombs create an atmosphere where people who simply wouldn't donate, actually donate.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-27-2011, 12:12 PM
The point i'm making is that the majority wants to wait until we have two 2 weeks left in the quarter and tap our donor base twice in the last two weeks, rather than tap them once in August and the once again 5 weeks later.

I think people think we will magically have a 4 million dollar day on 9/17 but that is not how our fundraising has gone thus far. Instead we will likely raise 1.5 million or so and we'll end up with what we've raised thus far (700k) + (1.5M on constitution day) = 2.2 million we've raised and then we'll go into a end of quarter push with a DRY donor base because they just frickin donated a week ago!

If we have a decent bomb in August then we can push forward with an end of the quarter push starting on constitution day.

This is based on the incorrect assumption that the grassroots directs 100% of the campaign's fundraising.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-27-2011, 12:13 PM
moneybombs create an atmosphere where people who simply wouldn't donate, actually donate.

For the billionth time, in 2007 it did. This time around things are different.

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 12:14 PM
This is based on the incorrect assumption that the grassroots directs 100% of the campaign's fundraising.

look at last quarters total, the campaign raised roughly 1 million that was not a moneybomb/end of Q2 push.

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
For the billionth time, in 2007 it did. This time around things are different.

the main point holds the same but the amounts raised in each bomb have been much smaller.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-27-2011, 12:26 PM
look at last quarters total, the campaign raised roughly 1 million that was not a moneybomb/end of Q2 push.

Because the only people energized for his campaign were already supporters and likely to hear about a moneybomb. Not only that, but how many moneybombs did we have? 3??? Of course they are going to raise most of their money from the MBs.

the main point holds the same but the amounts raised in each bomb have been much smaller.

the main point does not hold at all. to get new donors you need a single event with tons of promotion. We have not had that and are likely to not have that until next quarter. Having a moneybomb makes people WAIT TO DONATE which is not the strategy we need right now.

BrendenR
07-27-2011, 12:36 PM
to get new donors you need a single event with tons of promotion. We have not had that and are likely to not have that until next quarter. Having a moneybomb makes people WAIT TO DONATE which is not the strategy we need right now.

This is why I voted for the earliest MoneyBomb, it gets the money to them quicker, which is what they need. A couple weeks might not make a huge difference for promoting a moneybomb. Knowing they have another 500k in the bank for ad buys, two weeks might make a big difference there?

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Because the only people energized for his campaign were already supporters and likely to here about a moneybomb. Not only that, but how many moneybombs did we have? 3??? Of course they are going to raise most of their money from the MBs.

exactly! That contradicts this

the main point does not hold at all. to get new donors you need a single event with tons of promotion. We have not had that and are likely to not have that until next quarter. Having a moneybomb makes people WAIT TO DONATE which is not the strategy we need right now.

Sure some people might wait, but the amount of people that donate who wouldn't regularly donate far outweighs those who wait to donate until the moneybomb.

I've explained why I believe my strategy will raise the most money so, i'll let the thread die unless someone else has input on the subject. Let me just reiterate that waiting until the last two weeks of the quarter to have a series fundraising event, and then trying to tap the same donor base twice in those last two weeks would be a very amateur mistake.

trey4sports
07-27-2011, 12:39 PM
This is why I voted for the earliest MoneyBomb, it gets the money to them quicker, which is what they need. A couple weeks might not make a huge difference for promoting a moneybomb. Knowing they have another 500k in the bank for ad buys, two weeks might make a big difference there?

not to mention it capitalizes on the success of Ames.

libertybrewcity
07-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Ames moneybomb! We can easily raise 500k win or lose. AND Constitution Day Moneybomb. I'll make some graphics this weekend unless someone beats me to it.

Steve-in-NY
07-27-2011, 12:45 PM
All this thread has done for me is inspired me to donate again today, and sacrifice my lunch out to donate it on each day of money bombs.
Thanks.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-27-2011, 12:50 PM
There was no contradiction there, unless you believe that the campaign will never gain any more supporters.

What does the campaign need? - Money
When do they need it? - Right away

Does a monthly moneybomb schedule achieve this? - No
Why?

- because news of a moneybomb takes time to spread. Without 50,000+ donors, you will never raise $6 million. The fact that we raised $1 million+ with less than 10,000 donors tells us that many people who did not max out last time, have already maxed out this time. This also means they will not be participating in any more moneybombs. We need knew blood and the only way to get that is through advertising. The grassroots advertising for the moneybombs thus far has been very lackluster. Probably due to...

1) It's early in the campaign season
2) The moneybomb is played out because there were 10 trillion of them over the last 4 years
3) People recognize that the moneybomb is a media stunt and not a dedicated fundraising tool.
4) The grassroots is more interested in getting votes than media attention. This is because Ron already has media attention, and votes win elections.

You are treating the moneybomb like the government treats the debt.

"We have debt and no money. OH NOES! Make more money! Uh oh, now it's useless. OH NOES! We need to make A LOT MORE MONEY!"

BrendenR
07-27-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm not so sure it's that black and white.

I've made myself a goal of donating $100 every money bomb. I'm sure there are a ton of other people who are motivated to donate to the moneybombs, by the spirit of the event.

I think the good (drawing in these donations that wouldn't otherwise come) outweighs the bad (people waiting to donate).

But, that's like, an opinion, man.

trey4sports
08-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Bump for success of August moneybomb.

bkreigh
08-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Bump to give myself a pat on the back.

Fixed it for ya. :D

erowe1
08-21-2011, 12:30 PM

Shane Harris
08-21-2011, 12:37 PM
any clue on how much the campaign has for Q3? will a constitution day bomb and end of quarter push be enough to surpass what ron raised Q3 2007? (5 million)

Paul4Prez
08-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Sure we can. It will still count toward the third quarter numbers. Donate now if you can, but money bombs take time to promote and organize.

Paul4Prez
08-21-2011, 09:41 PM
any clue on how much the campaign has for Q3? will a constitution day bomb and end of quarter push be enough to surpass what ron raised Q3 2007? (5 million)

Well, $1.7M from this weekend, and half a million from Ready/Ames/Fizzle, and regular donations for the quarter, plus the transfer from his Congressional account ($1.0 million?) will count toward Q3. So probably $4+ million already. Figure in $3M from 9/17 and $1M from the end of quarter push, and we should be close to $8M by then.

trey4sports
08-21-2011, 09:55 PM
i figure...

1.7 million this weekend + 1 million transfer + 500K Ready Ames Fire + 2 million for 9/17 +end of 3Q push + 1 million organic = 6.2 milliion would be my guess for what they haul in this quarter. I think that is a pretty conservative estimate too. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised with better than expected fundraising than be disappointed with bad numbers.