PDA

View Full Version : Christmas should be 'downgraded' to help race relations says Labour think tank

freelance
11-01-2007, 08:43 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=490925&in_page_id=1770

I especially love this part:

"Birth ceremonies", at which state and parents agree to "work in partnership" to bring up children

OMG!

apropos
11-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Wow, that country is disintegrating before our very eyes.

ConstitutionGal
11-01-2007, 11:47 AM
At the risk of being labeled xenophobic, the UK can do whatever they want but here in the good old U. S. of A. - we're done certain things a certain way for over 250 years and we'd like to keep it that way, if you don't mind. People who want to come here should want to fit into OUR country's way of life, not expect us to change to fit in with their's.

noxagol
11-01-2007, 12:36 PM
At the risk of being labeled xenophobic, the UK can do whatever they want but here in the good old U. S. of A. - we're done certain things a certain way for over 250 years and we'd like to keep it that way, if you don't mind. People who want to come here should want to fit into OUR country's way of life, not expect us to change to fit in with their's.

I agree. If I were going to move to another country, I would make a concerted effort to fit into their culture. It is only respectful.