PDA

View Full Version : Just got this from WarIsACrime.org, write in Ron Paul in their poll.[edit-RP included]

Razmear
07-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Who Should Challenge Obama in 2012?

The majority of U.S. citizens favor protecting Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid; taxing the rich; cutting military spending; and protecting the environment. We don't have a candidate . . . yet. Potential candidates supported on this site will be notified and encouraged to run.

h xxp://StopHoping.org

Stop Hoping! Start Changing!

Should Obama be challenged in a primary?

If nominated, should Obama be challenged in the gene ral election?

Add your voice to the movement that will recruit the next U.S. President.

h xxp://StopHoping.org

Razmear
07-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Update, Ron is now an official option and in 8th place. Please vote and share this poll.

eb

Captain Shays
07-27-2011, 11:58 AM
I totally agree and I have been thinking along these lines for quite some time. We do have a lot of power and I also believe that the GOP elites fear our influence. No doubt that is the reason why the neoconservatives hijacked and Tea Party Movement. On a side note have you guys noticed that they ("Tea Party leaders" ) NEVER EVER talk about the Federal Reserve or our Democrat style of policing the world and maintaining an empire?
We NEED to start a movement that will put the GOP on notice that we are now holding them hostage. NONE of us will vote for ANY of their globocop corporate welfare big government candidates. We will ONLY vote for Ron Paul whether he wins or not.

Rothbardian Girl
07-27-2011, 12:01 PM
I voted.

TonySutton
07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
voted

Steve-in-NY
07-27-2011, 12:36 PM
voted. thanks for the link. To all others, look into copy and pasting the link rather than clicking on it, as it will show referrals from this forum.

CaseyJones
07-27-2011, 12:43 PM
broke the link and voted

MJU1983
07-27-2011, 12:45 PM
I voted for real "change". :)

Nirvikalpa
07-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Voted!

Reece
07-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Voted

Article V
07-27-2011, 01:23 PM
I voted for Ron Paul!

However, I had a thought (and it's only a thought) that we maybe should vote in this one online poll for a Democratic candidate that could actually become a real primary challenger to Obama. If one of the Democrats actually challenged Obama in the primary (even if Obama won the Democratic nomination again), it would drastically weaken his resources for the general election (I'm fairly certain no modern President has ever been re-elected if they faced a credible challenger in their own party's primary.)

Anyway, I'm just wondering because we always vote for Ron Paul in these online polls; and when Ron Paul inevitably wins, the pollsters simply disregard their own online poll. But this specifically Democratic poll offers us a unique opportunity to help Ron Paul indirectly by weakening Obama for the general election face-off with Ron Paul (assuming we can get the GOP to nominate RP, which I don't think will be helped by this poll anyway). I suggest this now, rather than after Ron Paul gets the nomination, because we'll only have this opportunity now before Ron Paul gets the GOP nomination. So, yes, it is a leap of faith; but if we succeed in encouraging Kucinich or someone else to challenge Obama in the primary, we're effectively wearing Obama out for the general election fight with Ron Paul.
(***Possible DARK KNIGHT RISES Spoiler***:Think of Bane using the thugs of Gotham to weaken Batman so that Bane can successfully break Batman's back once Batman fights Bane. If it's not already clear, in the metaphor Obama is Batman, the Democratic primary challengers would be the thugs of Gotham, and Ron Paul would be Bane.)

Of course, if we think there's no way any Democrat would ever challenge Obama for the party's nomination, then we should all vote strictly for Ron Paul.

Anyway, it's just a thought I'm throwing out there for us to mull. Like I said at the start, I already voted for Ron Paul.

Razmear
07-27-2011, 01:26 PM
The ideal situation for Ron Paul is having no democratic primary and bringing the dems over to vote for RP. Any challenger to Obama in the primarys will steal potential votes from Ron Paul.

Cleaner44
07-27-2011, 02:49 PM
I totally agree and I have been thinking along these lines for quite some time. We do have a lot of power and I also believe that the GOP elites fear our influence. No doubt that is the reason why the neoconservatives hijacked and Tea Party Movement. On a side note have you guys noticed that they ("Tea Party leaders" ) NEVER EVER talk about the Federal Reserve or our Democrat style of policing the world and maintaining an empire?
We NEED to start a movement that will put the GOP on notice that we are now holding them hostage. NONE of us will vote for ANY of their globocop corporate welfare big government candidates. We will ONLY vote for Ron Paul whether he wins or not.

I agree 100%. The regular Republican voter is going to vote for whoever the GOP nomination is... we will not. This is a HUGE power we have over them. If they nominate Ron Paul, we defeat Obama, if they reject Ron Paul and nominate Romney, Obama wins.

Captain Shays
07-27-2011, 03:17 PM
I agree 100%. The regular Republican voter is going to vote for whoever the GOP nomination is... we will not. This is a HUGE power we have over them. If they nominate Ron Paul, we defeat Obama, if they reject Ron Paul and nominate Romney, Obama wins.

My gut tells me that we NEED to make this a national policy. I really don't care if the GOP hates me/us. I KNOW and we KNOW we're right. We KNOW the GOP would vote for RP. We KNOW he would draw more from independents and from minorities than ANY other Republican and THAT is what will be needed to beat Obama. But we also know that unless we elect Ron Paul it really doesn't matter which other candidate runs or gets elected. Every one of them will be so close as to be indistinguishable from all the others in foreign policy, the economy,, corporate welfare, international welfare, international trade agreements, the growth of government in size, spending and intrusiveness into our lives and in spending. Worst of all they will be the same relative to the Federal Reserve. So I say SCREW the GOP and the camels they rode in on!

puppetmaster
07-27-2011, 03:24 PM

One problem with that is that the GOP really doesn't care if obombya wins. They act like it, but many forget they play for the same team. Remember that most of the GOP and certainly the GOP leadership have sold out to the globalists and corporations and they enjoy the fruits of divide and conquer.

They will not care if Ron does not get the GOP nod, I promise you that.

Captain Shays
07-27-2011, 03:36 PM
One problem with that is that the GOP really doesn't care if obombya wins. They act like it, but many forget they play for the same team. Remember that most of the GOP and certainly the GOP leadership have sold out to the globalists and corporations and they enjoy the fruits of divide and conquer.

"They" Being the elites who play on the same team that Ron Paul doesn't play for so I would say yes they do care

eduardo89
07-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Voted.

Cleaner44
07-27-2011, 04:13 PM

The difference is if we are talking about GOP voters or GOP politicians. Regular Republican voters just want Obama gone. That is all they care about. They are voting for a party. They will vote for any GOP nominee over Obama.

They already think we are crazy fanatics for Ron Paul. They know we are "Ron Paul or Bust!" and it scares them.

This is the Ron Paul R3volution! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear... and it absolutely will not stop, ever, until we are dead!

http://youtu.be/ZKbZMIP4XUE?t=1m23s

Article V
07-27-2011, 04:58 PM
The ideal situation for Ron Paul is having no democratic primary and bringing the dems over to vote for RP. Any challenger to Obama in the primarys will steal potential votes from Ron Paul.
That's so true. But for those Dems who could never consider turning to the red side, this may be an alternative. And it is, after all, only a suggestion in one online poll.