PDA

View Full Version : GLEN BECK talking about the gold standard

JAHOGS
11-01-2007, 08:12 AM
http://www.wgiram.com/main.html

Listen Live link in upper right hand corner.

Everyone try to call in and ask to talk about the GOLD STANDARD
1-888-727-2325

JAHOGS
11-01-2007, 08:13 AM
This guy is amazing. He is talking about how we need to get back to the gold standard. RON PAUL is kooky Glenn? Come on. Now he is talking about the failure of the dollar, how Warren Buffet is getting out of the dollar and how we need to get back to the gold standard.

MsDoodahs
11-01-2007, 08:18 AM
I can't listen to that guy.

He's so totally and completely...gutless.

If he ever grows a spine, then maybe I'll try again to listen to him.

JAHOGS
11-01-2007, 08:20 AM
I can't listen to that guy.

He's so totally and completely...gutless.

If he ever grows a spine, then maybe I'll try again to listen to him.

I know how you fill. I only listen to this station because it is based in NH and trying to hear the Ron Paul radio ads there. It's just amazing how the only thing he disagrees with RP on is the war. But RP is kooky and loony.

tekkierich
11-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Mayor of Crazy town? Seems like he is auditioning for deputy.

born2drv
11-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Glen Beck isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.... he's learning about what's causing this nation's decline and 6 years of neoconism is slowly being eroded away. I feel stupid for being a hardened neocon not too long ago as well. Glen Beck will come around soon, just watch. He's moving in the right direction. If Ron Paul polls in double digits nationally I promise you he will be Glen Beck's new best friend.

JAHOGS
11-01-2007, 08:24 AM
Glen Beck isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.... he's learning about what's causing this nation's decline and 6 years of neoconism is slowly being eroded away. I feel stupid for being a hardened neocon not too long ago as well. Glen Beck will come around soon, just watch. He's moving in the right direction. If Ron Paul polls in double digits nationally I promise you he will be Glen Beck's new best friend.

I fill the same way. Now on his shows all you hear from him is CONSTITUTION and everything RP stands for, except the war. Take wait till RP goes on his show.

Mortikhi
11-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Maybe we should be calling and asking him when he lost his backbone.

He agrees with Ron Paul on everything but the warmongering? Am I to believe that he supports another candidate because he agrees with everything that candidate stands for?

literatim
11-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Mayor of Crazy town? Seems like he is auditioning for deputy.

lol

JAHOGS
11-01-2007, 08:28 AM
1-888-727-2325

synthetic
11-01-2007, 09:04 AM
When he openly endorces Ron Paul and begins smearing the neocons I'll become interested in his show. Using Rons ideas to gain viewers/listeners/ad revenue doesn't interest me.

mrchubbs
11-01-2007, 09:15 AM
I've come to the opinion that Glenn Beck is the neo-con's version of Alex Jones.

(and don't misconstrue my meaning, I like them both for certain, but not all things they say and do)

Enjoy.

Phenom24
11-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Between GB and Mark Levin I don't know who drives me more nuts lately. Last night Mark Levin was whining/talking about Hillary and the deal with the drivers' licenses. He's all about the states' rights and the Constitution now..

It's just a continuation of what all the losers do at the debates. See what works with the audience and start parroting away...

SO annoying when we have the source and they don't give Dr. P the time of day...

(grits teeth)

jd603
11-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Beck supports Paul, he just can't admit it because he's mad at Ron for not doing his show wen it was scheduled, he's such a crybaby, he's like a spoiled little kid who's mommy took his toy away.

This guy is amazing. He is talking about how we need to get back to the gold standard. RON PAUL is kooky Glenn? Come on. Now he is talking about the failure of the dollar, how Warren Buffet is getting out of the dollar and how we need to get back to the gold standard.

Primbs
11-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Rush Limbaugh and Mike Savage have said very little to this point.
There is hope they might support some parts of Ron Paul's agenda.

apropos
11-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Honestly, I don't know about Savage. I've heard Duncan Hunter's name tossed around a few times on the show, so that implies he's aware of Ron Paul. I think Savage's ideas will get in the way of his supporting Paul at all.

terlinguatx
11-01-2007, 11:41 AM

HalogenFlood
11-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Maybe Glen Beck won't change his opinion about the war because he is too far gone on the whole Islamo-fascism thing, but maybe there's an opening for him to change his tune if he understands the link between the weakening dollar and continuous war. The two are linked, according to Paul. If the point can be made to him clearly and concisely that he can't have it both ways (a strong dollar and empire building), maybe then he'll realize the fallacy in his viewpoint.

RP4ME
11-01-2007, 11:52 AM

GB is so retarded how can you be for almost all teh things RP stands for and teh other do not and continue to call him kooky an dlooney - he looks more feebleminded every day he speaks

RP4ME
11-01-2007, 11:53 AM

Do ya think? I hope so but I kind of think its all for show an dhas a purpose rathe rthan being an innocent evolution in thought.....we'll see.

Adamsa
11-01-2007, 11:55 AM
I think he's just pissed that Paul went on the situation room instead of his show.

Primbs
11-01-2007, 11:57 AM
We cant have a strong military if the economy tanks.

Keeping the economy strong is the number one priority. That is why Ossama hit the World Trade Center to hurt us economically. He knows that what powers and pays for the military.

Ossama continues to target the oil fields of Saudi Arabia so that he can hurt their economy.

Once Glenn realizes that you can win a war economically and not have to send in the military into every middle eastern country to wage battles he might begin appreciate different approaches to protecting our national security.

Even Reagan made a strategic withdrawal from Lebanon and fought our enemies economically and in more subtle ways without causing the enemy to mobilize against us.

Geronimo
11-01-2007, 04:54 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Boycott Beck!

NinjaPirate
11-01-2007, 05:03 PM
I watched "The Money Masters" the other day and it said that having a gold standard was a bad idea, and it seemed to favor fiat currency because it was so successful when the Colonies used "Colonial Scrip," a fiat currency because it was debt free. What are everyone else's thoughts on this??

misconstrued
11-01-2007, 05:16 PM
I watched "The Money Masters" the other day and it said that having a gold standard was a bad idea, and it seemed to favor fiat currency because it was so successful when the Colonies used "Colonial Scrip," a fiat currency because it was debt free. What are everyone else's thoughts on this??

I saw that too. I just don't see it working. I read in an interview where the 2 guys behind the film disagreed on that point. One felt the gold standard was the answer and the other a fiat based currency modeled on the colonial scrip.

randy9294
11-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Economic policy will not help with these people. All they hear from Ron Paul is "Blah, blah, blah, surrender, blah, blah."

The biggest issue standing between Beck, Levin, Savage, etc. and Ron Paul is the so-called War on Terror. They truly seem to believe that we are in a fight for our very survival against these lunatics "over there" and that if we don't fight them now with everything we have, even if it completely bankrupts this country and destroys any chance of a Republican ever getting elected to anything ever again, it would be worth it.

Winning this war is the only thing that truly matters to them. Logic and common sense does not enter into their thinking on this issue. They are still stuck in the post-9/11 mode of a bloodthirsty desire for revenge and that our very lives are at stake and no tactic(torture) or consequence(blowback) is too much for them. Anything or anybody that tries to dissuade them of this is to them either Democrat, liberal insanity, or even outright collusion with their perceived enemy whom they see in every shadow, i.e. Faux News hinting that the fires in California were caused by terrorists.

As a former neocon supporter (I voted for Bush twice) I will say that it is not impossible to break through this line of thinking, but with those who truly and fervently believe that we are fighting this generation's version of WW2, a battle of good vs. evil, showing them the light of a better way may prove to be our single most difficult as well as important task in order to gain overall Republican support for Dr. Paul.

quickmike
11-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Pshhhh..................... Glen Beck had 40% of his brain cells soaked in vodka for 11 years. What do you expect from this guy?

Nothing this guy says will suprise me, and I mean NOTHING.

RJB
11-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Beck does his job well. He corrals people who think like us into voting for neocons. What he says is just a schtick.

SeanEdwards
11-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Beck is still pissed that Ron canceled an appearance on his show at the last minute. In fairness, I can see how that could really tick off an interviewer and the producers of a show. It seems that he is practically in lock-step with Paul on issues, but he's got that personal grudge for being stood up that makes him rag on Paul.