PDA

View Full Version : TX - Off duty cop bikes into neighborhood, shoots family dog dead.

Anti Federalist
07-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Another vicious black Lab.

Neighbors: Dog was shot, killed by deputy

Monday, July 25, 2011

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8269979

DAYTON, TX (KTRK) -- Residents in a Dayton neighborhood say they are still in shock after hearing that someone shot and killed a dog that was loved by nearly everyone.

The incident is a real blow to residents. Fred -- a four-year-old black Labrador -- had a family, but it seems everyone in this close-knit community loved him.

Hope Havard was Fred's owner, but he wasn't just her pet. Fred was known to roam the streets of the neighborhood, and Havard said her neighbors treated him like a member of their own families, too.

"He was a really good dog. He liked playing fetch a lot," Havard said. "Everybody loved him and, like, everybody knew him and he knew that he was going to protect everybody."

Last Thursday, the unthinkable happened.

Neighbor Virginia Lewis was inside her home when she heard what sounded like a shotgun blast.

She went outside to investigate and was horrified when she saw Fred lying in the street.

"I was just down here petting him and rubbing him, crying like a baby," Lewis said.

Lewis would soon learn that Fred had been shot by a man whom her neighbors identified as an off-duty Harris County Sheriff's Office deputy who'd been riding his bicycle through the neighborhood.

According to Lewis, the off-duty law officer claimed he got scared because Fred started nipping at his heels while he was riding his bike.

"Fred would protect you, but he wouldn't hurt you," Lewis said.

Liberty County Sheriff's Office investigators say the deputy told them the dog tried to attack him, so he shot it in self-defense. Lewis isn't buying it.

"If he's been in this neighborhood before, he should have known what kind of dog Fred was. He's not going to hurt anybody -- kids, neighbors ride their bikes all the time [and] four-wheelers. He doesn't bother anybody," Lewis said.

While the last few days haven't been easy for grieving residents, they have been especially difficult for Havard -- a 13-year old-girl who is now without her best friend.

"What are you going to miss most about him?" we asked.

"Him always being there when I'm alone and stuff," she replied.

No charges have been filed and Liberty County Sheriff's Office investigators said marks on the officer's shoes seem to match up with his story.

Maximus
07-26-2011, 04:02 PM
"Marks on the shoes"

Unless he was wearing brand new, just out of the box shoes, all shoes will have "marks" on them. What a load of BS.

ghengis86
07-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Confirms that cops are a bunch of pussies. Get a new job if you can't handle a dog. You're a grown man. It's not like there's a massive suburban population of trained attack dogs.

jkr
07-26-2011, 04:09 PM
so he was riding around on his bike with a gun?

what they fuck is wrong with these assholes?

pcosmar
07-26-2011, 04:12 PM
People need to start keeping these creeps out of their neighborhoods.

:(

Nate
07-26-2011, 04:22 PM
People need to start keeping these creeps out of their neighborhoods.

:(

+100000000000
When they come into my neighborhood they come 2-3 carloads deep because they're scared. One of the positives of living in this "dangerous" neighborhood. I hear a whistle from the Maniac Latin Disciples, who live on the corner & hang out on their balcony everyday, whenever the cops come down the street. Everybody goes inside, the cops leave, then we all come back out. Now that's what I call a neighborhood watch. :)

redbluepill
07-26-2011, 04:55 PM
so he was riding around on his bike with a gun?

what they fuck is wrong with these assholes?

Yeah, something about this story doesnt seem right. Either the cop was riding around while carrying a shotgun or he came back later with a shotgun to shoot the dog. Either way, he's a sicko.

redbluepill
07-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Liberty County Sheriff's Office investigators said marks on the officer's shoes seem to match up with his story.

Well its great to get the information from an unbiased source

Philhelm
07-26-2011, 05:15 PM
I've said this before, but it's worth repeating. When I was in Iraq I had befriended a pack of wild dogs. One day the father started barking at me aggressively and jumping on me. Despite this, and the fact that I was carrying an assault rifle, neither myself nor the dog were harmed that day. Yet the fucking cops have to shoot family pets (not wild fucking dogs) for getting barked at or chased? What a bunch of flapping vaginas they are.

tasteless
07-26-2011, 05:32 PM
These headlines get more absurd every day. It's almost like reading a bad joke.

"Two cops walk into a bar, and shoot a dog..."

thehungarian
07-26-2011, 05:44 PM
If you can't handle a dog you shouldn't be a LEO. "I need to shoot a medium-sized dog that's nipping at my feet with a shotgun because they are scary and have teeth, BUT ON A NORMAL DAY I can handle the 250lb belligerent drunk guy that wants to fight me, no problem."

It's almost as if they know they won't get in trouble for it...(durrka durrrrr)

Carehn
07-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Is the dog killed by cop website still up?

Also everyone should know that something must be psychologically wrong with a person to derive pleasure out of shooting a dog.

Any more I am starting to think that something must be psychologically wrong with a person who would become a cop, tsa, irs, and many other forms of human filth.

hillbilly123069
07-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Attend your city council meetings and demand the formation of a citizen oversight committee with this kind of crap being your reason why.

kylejack
07-26-2011, 06:37 PM
The lady said it sounded like a shotgun blast, but it was probably just a pistol.

I ride my bike all the time and have been chased by dogs numerous times. Most times I can outrun them, and I am not that fast. In the cases where I didn't, a small kick to their nose backs them off. There is no reason to shoot the dog, especially a damned Labrador!

Anti Federalist
07-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Is the dog killed by cop website still up?

Also everyone should know that something must be psychologically wrong with a person to derive pleasure out of shooting a dog.

Any more I am starting to think that something must be psychologically wrong with a person who would become a cop, tsa, irs, and many other forms of human filth.

Yes, run by RPF member daviddee

http://www.dogmurderers.com/

mczerone
07-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Dogs are waking up around the country and attacking the satanic cops. They can sense evil, and even the gentlest, most timid dog seeks cop blood.

What else could explain all these cops being so afraid of a dog that they need to shoot them dead?

mrsat_98
07-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Eventually 5% of cops are going to figure out they are judged by the company ( other 95%) they keep.

Carehn
07-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Yes, run by RPF member daviddee

http://www.dogmurderers.com/

tnk u/ & bookmarked

josh b
07-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Another dog? They kill more dogs then terrorists.

Rael
07-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Fred was known to roam the streets of the neighborhood...

Why was the dog allowed to "roam the streets of the neighborhood"? Dogs should be kept under control either fenced or on a leash, for the dog's safety.

Having said that, I don't think for a second the cop was justified in shooting the dog.

pcosmar
07-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Why was the dog allowed to "roam the streets of the neighborhood"? Dogs should be kept under control either fenced or on a leash, for the dog's safety.

Having said that, I don't think for a second the cop was justified in shooting the dog.

Because it is a dog friendly neighborhood. Those used to be very common, and they do still exist in places.

My favorite Bar in Key West was a dog friendly bar. There were commonly several dogs, sometimes a dozen or more.
They were welcomed there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV3DJd7l12M

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Me-Id-rather-be-a-Schooner-Wharf-Bar-DOG/500461820600

AGRP
07-26-2011, 08:47 PM
These guys are trained to kill. They want to kill.

They know they have permission to kill animals and they abuse that permission as a pacifier in lieu of killing people.

Rael
07-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Because it is a dog friendly neighborhood.

Evidently not. The dog is dead.

Even if it is a "friendly neighborhood", the dog is at risk of being hit by a car, getting into something toxic, etc. It's just not a good idea to let dogs run around unsupervised.

daviddee
07-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Added!

Rael
07-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Added!

Oh that's your site? I'm glad you made it, more people need to be aware of this type of thing. Although it's a shame that a site like it is even necessary.

pcosmar
07-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Evidently not. The dog is dead.

That was due to an unfriendly intruder.
The dog apparently lived there for years, till this.

TruckinMike
07-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Dogs are waking up around the country and attacking the satanic cops. They can sense evil, and even the gentlest, most timid dog seeks cop blood.

What else could explain all these cops being so afraid of a dog that they need to shoot them dead?

Seriously, this might be true. We all know that dogs have an uncanny ability to determine threats from non-threats. We all know that cops ARE threats, Why would it be so strange to think that dogs may think cops are threats to us/them as well?

We should start forming neighborhood patrols that are on the lookout for cops. Have some type of signaling device to alert the entire neighborhood that a cop is in the area so that folks can get inside with their pets and children.

I'm not kidding.

TMike

Carehn
07-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Because it is a dog friendly neighborhood. Those used to be very common, and they do still exist in places.

My favorite Bar in Key West was a dog friendly bar. There were commonly several dogs, sometimes a dozen or more.
They were welcomed there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV3DJd7l12M

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Me-Id-rather-be-a-Schooner-Wharf-Bar-DOG/500461820600

Nice dog friendly bars and hoods in sunvalley and haily idaho.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-26-2011, 09:32 PM
At this rate the dogs are going to revolt before we are. shit.

pcosmar
07-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Seriously, this might be true. We all know that dogs have an uncanny ability to determine threats from non-threats. We all know that cops ARE threats, Why would it be so strange to think that dogs may think cops are threats to us/them as well?

We should start forming neighborhood patrols that are on the lookout for cops. Have some type of signaling device to alert the entire neighborhood that a cop is in the area so that folks can get inside with their pets and children.

I'm not kidding.

TMike

We should start forming neighborhood patrols that are on the lookout for cops.
And have the gentlemen of the community come OUTSIDE with rifles.

And I'm not kidding.

heavenlyboy34
07-26-2011, 10:19 PM
We should start forming neighborhood patrols that are on the lookout for cops.
And have the gentlemen of the community come OUTSIDE with rifles.

And I'm not kidding.
Probably a good idea. Maybe a subforum could be useful for getting that kind of thing started?

Kylie
07-26-2011, 10:28 PM
I live in a dog friendly neighborhood. We don't necessarily let them roam freely, but they are outside alot and they do visit the neighbors. We have neighbor dogs that visit us all the time. Cats, ducks, purple martins, hummingbirds and the occasional beaver too.

None of them are allowed to be fucked with, let alone shot. This would cause such an uproar in my neighborhood that the cop may not be let back out(one way in, one way out). We don't play around when it comes to our kids or our pets, and neither will you.

But I have questions. Does the cop live in the neighborhood? If not, why was he there?

Does he still have the shoes that he claims have teeth marks in them?

How did he ride his bike and fire his weapon simultaneously? Did he have to stop his bike in order to pull and aim his weapon, or is he just that good of a shot?

All these questions should be answered before the process goes further.

Rael
07-26-2011, 11:02 PM
That was due to an unfriendly intruder.
The dog apparently lived there for years, till this.

It does not matter whether it was an intruder or a neighbor. The dog is still dead. And the dog would be alive if he had not been allowed to roam in the neighborhood.

I'm not saying that the cop was right to shoot the dog. But the best thing to insure the safety of a dog is to keep him in the house or fenced in.

Mach
07-27-2011, 02:52 AM
Yes, it is just a type of training precursor.

squarepusher
07-27-2011, 03:24 AM
Added!

thanks for your work David, and congrats on 1000!

Danke
07-27-2011, 03:33 AM
At this rate the dogs are going to revolt before we are. shit.

"Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0&feature=player_embedded