PDA

View Full Version : Rudy pays Wired for botnet article

robertwerden
11-01-2007, 07:59 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6022122295294072848&q=ron+paul&total=13124&start=0&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=4

robertwerden
11-01-2007, 08:19 AM
I went to the forum in question and it looks like there is very little traffic.
The forum it self does not look like a official Rudy forum, and it may have been a hoax.
The content there is very suspicious. I think the forum and the video may be linked together as some scam to get Ron Paul fans sent on a wild goose chase.

This may be an attempt to anger Ron Paul fans into getting up in arms about the article and start slinging accusations against Rudy.

While this could be an attempt by a Ron Paul fan to help start rumors against Rudy, there is also the possibility this is simply a viral plan to give a troublemaker attention.

Ill see what else I can find

steph3n
11-01-2007, 09:58 AM
some of you are so gullible it isn't even funny :(

kevman657
11-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Anyone can post on a forum. Besides why would they make it so obvious? They know anyone can read those forums.

The Botnet report was confirmed by a school study. The school WOULD NOT ALLOW the article to use their name and professor's name if it was fake.

Come on guys. Every candidate has negative articles about them, EVERY ONE. We can't go around policing everyone for saying something bad about Paul...especially if they are confirmed by outside sources unrelated to the mass media. We would have never been banned from RedState if we hadn't freaked out when they disagreed with us and spammed their blogs.

With that said, I don't agree with bad publicity if it's fake. The racist thing was very sketchy, and I don't agree with what the media said about it. But this latest article is not fake, it even admits that the RP hater could have actually done the spamming...not the real supporters.

XanthosDeia
11-01-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm not sure about the validity of the original botnet story (or, if it is true, which side is actually perpetrating it), but this "evidence" that it was a Giuliani conspiracy is laughably fake.

While there *is* a possiblity of a conspiracy, I'd mark the likelihood as being about the same as Giuliani dropping out of the race tomorrow. :P In all probability, it was simply a journalist, with a slight anti-RP bias, doing legitimate research into a story.

TexMac
11-01-2007, 01:01 PM
They're posting this stupid crap all over digg, too. We need to go bury all the digg stories.