PDA

View Full Version : Message from another Philly member on the move of the rally

Sematary
11-01-2007, 07:53 AM
We are all pretty ticked off and I am really horrified that such a foolish choice would be made. In that light, I do ask people to very calmly call the offices and offer your own story as to why we should remain downtown. (ie. travel limitations, coming from very far away, travel with children) Also that such a move when thousands of flyers have been handed out in Philadelphia, there have been web postings, the article has been online getting "dugg", some radio shows on GCN were willing to announce for us, etc etc that this would be total political suicide. Please ask the campaign to simply post a qucik fundraiser. It could say please offset the cost of the Philly rally so we can continue advertising in NH and Iowa. But please be respectful.
Campaign office 703-248-9115
Amanda Lee, events
Jonathan Bydlak, fundraising

I don't think we should tie up his office all day with long conversations, just a quick comment and move on.
Everyone's entusiasm and ideas on the forum have been so exciting, let's see what we can do.
Finally, tell the campaign we want to see the total numbers that have RSVPed.

BLS
11-01-2007, 07:55 AM
They have to know the 5th Money Bomb is coming.
I was really looking forward to this happening as sort of the 'beginning' of this campaign.

I'm disappointed.

Pete Kay
11-01-2007, 07:57 AM
DON'T call his Congressional office!! That has nothing to do with the campaign. What the hell are you trying to pull? What's your agenda?

kylejack
11-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Do not call the Congressional office. It is illegal for them to help you with questions about the campaign. ILLEGAL. Call the campaign only, and exercise discretion there.

micahnelson
11-01-2007, 08:00 AM
DON'T call his Congressional office!! That has nothing to do with the campaign. What the hell are you trying to pull? What's your agenda?

Why don't you waterboard him to find out? Im getting a little tired of the ruffled feathers around here.

Pete Kay
11-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Why don't you waterboard him to find out? Im getting a little tired of the ruffled feathers around here.

People have already pointed out to him in the other thread, NOT to call his Congressional office, yet he still keeps listing the number and made a completely seperate thread directing people to call there. That's why I'm suspicious that he has an agenda. Why does it need two threads is an hour's time? He already knows better.

LibertyEagle
11-01-2007, 08:33 AM
He didn't give the number for the Congressional office. He gave the number for the CAMPAIGN.

Hank
11-01-2007, 08:38 AM
I think everyone should call the campaign.

margomaps
11-01-2007, 08:41 AM
He didn't give the number for the Congressional office. He gave the number for the CAMPAIGN.

Ah, I see he edited his post. Before, it said "Congressional office", followed by a phone number. Could have been a typo, or perhaps he realized it makes no sense to call the congressional office about this.

BLS
11-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Ah, I see he edited his post. Before, it said "Congressional office", followed by a phone number. Could have been a typo, or perhaps he realized it makes no sense to call the congressional office about this.

No, he edited it out.

kylejack
11-01-2007, 08:43 AM
He had it listed wrong before and edited his post.

walt
11-01-2007, 08:44 AM
why is the campaign doing things to piss so many people off?

Hank
11-01-2007, 08:45 AM
why is the campaign doing things to piss so many people off?

I have to say this is the dumbest thing the campaign has done.

Sematary
11-01-2007, 08:45 AM
He had it listed wrong before and edited his post.

That is correct. I removed it at the request of you guys.

kylejack
11-01-2007, 08:46 AM
I have to say this is the dumbest thing the campaign has done.

Not the first dumb thing. The Beck fiasco pissed me off.

Hank
11-01-2007, 08:49 AM
I want to know how much money it was going to cost the campaign.

I bet all of us could raise it in a few days.

margomaps
11-01-2007, 08:54 AM
I want to know how much money it was going to cost the campaign.

I bet all of us could raise it in a few days.

I read $46k on the forums this morning.

walt
11-01-2007, 08:55 AM
I just called. They said it's not a cost issue but something else 'highly complex' - they said they are "working feverishly on it" and that there should be an announcement in "a few hours".

RTsquared
11-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Not my kettle of fish here, but...

It's important to the grassroots to have the rally downtown, correct? Why doesn't someone contact the campaign and get a donation code for a "keep the rally downtown" fund?

I'm not going to be able to make it (much as I would love to), but I'd chip in a few dollars to help make sure the rally was as large as possible.

Bradley in DC
11-01-2007, 08:58 AM

No, the Congressional office is TOTALLY, LEGALLY separate.