PDA

View Full Version : Religious Groups PRAY for Debt Compromise

AuH20
07-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Hmmmrphhhh!:mad: God would be insulted I bet.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/26/us-usa-debt-prayer-idUSTRE76P07520110726?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FPoliticsNews+%28New s+%2F+US+%2F+Politics+News%29

Sola_Fide
07-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Wow. Notice how statism has influenced "Christians, Muslims, and Jews" to collectively call and plead for more debt slavery from our government.

Things are so backward now I really don't know where to start. There is a segment of liberal "Christianity" and Catholicism that is probably more radically leftist than the Communist Party USA. These are the types who would be involved in something like this. The ones who don't read their Bibles and don't care what it says about economics and debt.

It is very worthwhile to note that the early Marxists tried to make inroads into the churches. They largely suceeded in turning many denominations against free market economics and toward a "social gospel" that twisted the private charity in the Bible into coercive "social justice".

COpatriot
07-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Writing a letter to Santa Clause informing him of how good we've been in hopes of him bringing us an agreement would be a more fruitful endeavor.

AuH20
07-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Let's put it this way. If God is working through the government like these lunatics attest, I don't want to die. :)

Carehn
07-26-2011, 07:45 AM
You can bet the praying will have a major impact. lol

Sola_Fide
07-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Writing a letter to Santa Clause informing him of how good we've been in hopes of him bringing us an agreement would be a more fruitful endeavor.

The point is that they are praying and pleading to the State, not the God of the Scriptures.

So I do agree with you that this false deity and false saviour known as the Almighty State will fail them in every thing they beg for.

outspoken
07-26-2011, 07:51 AM
The foundation of government is violence. No almighty power derived from love operates through such an evil. No matter how small it is imperative that all humans respect that government is a necessary evil, always.

flightlesskiwi
07-26-2011, 08:57 AM
The point is that they are praying and pleading to the State, not the God of the Scriptures.

So I do agree with you that this false deity and false saviour known as the Almighty State will fail them in every thing they beg for.

well said.

oyarde
07-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Compromise my ass ! And who are these people to insult God ?? Shame !!

Paulatized
07-26-2011, 03:56 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AquaBuddha2010 again.

heavenlyboy34
07-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Wow. Notice how statism has influenced "Christians, Muslims, and Jews" to collectively call and plead for more debt slavery from our government.

Things are so backward now I really don't know where to start. There is a segment of liberal "Christianity" and Catholicism that is probably more radically leftist than the Communist Party USA. These are the types who would be involved in something like this. The ones who don't read their Bibles and don't care what it says about economics and debt.

It is very worthwhile to note that the early Marxists tried to make inroads into the churches. They largely suceeded in turning many denominations against free market economics and toward a "social gospel" that twisted the private charity in the Bible into coercive "social justice".
Interesting! If there's some literature on that, I'd like to read it. Know of any? :confused:

MelissaWV
07-26-2011, 04:22 PM
I wonder why this bothers anyone more than the constant mindless braying for the politicians to "do something."

Anti Federalist
07-26-2011, 04:28 PM
I wonder why this bothers anyone more than the constant mindless braying for the politicians to "do something."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY

Anti Federalist
07-26-2011, 04:31 PM
The vigils will be a way of lobbying against any deal that slashes too much from programs that protect the underprivileged, like nutrition programs for the poor or health care for the poor and disabled.

Ahhh, that explains it.

ghengis86
07-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Why can't Christians just follow Christ and His teachings?

Anti Federalist
07-26-2011, 04:34 PM

I see no difference:

"I hope that it's not only effective but a model for how Democrats and Republicans, who differ on many issues, can come together on a common issue to move the country forward," said Rabbi David Saperstein, executive director of the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism.