PDA

View Full Version : Design for Christian Voters.

d1sCo
07-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Hey all,

I have had this idea in the back of my head for a week or so. I've come up with the mock that you will find below. Any suggestions on what I could do to improve it's effectiveness or comments if you think it is perfect the way it is, are really appreciated. This will be another business card sized hand out that can be given out to Christian/Evangelical voters.

Front: http://i.imgur.com/BNKuj.png

Back: http://i.imgur.com/aR4AU.png

It is kind of straight and to the point, although having just the quote from Ron Paul on the back may not be enough. Thanks again for your input!

-d1sCo

TER
07-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Really good. I would prefer the White House instead of the Capital Building, but I love it either way.

d1sCo
07-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Really good. I would prefer the White House instead of the Capital Building, but I love it either way.

Thanks! I thought about the white house and tried to use it initially. However, the capital building lent itself a lot more to wearing a crown in a more natural way. So I opted to go with it instead of the white house. I think it is just as effective in getting the point across that the federal government is turning into more of a tyrannical king than a protector of liberty.

-d1sCo

RonPaulVolunteer
07-25-2011, 11:08 PM
I would definitely use the Whitehouse instead.

But as a follower of Yeshua, I love it!

TER
07-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks! I thought about the white house and tried to use it initially. However, the capital building lent itself a lot more to wearing a crown in a more natural way. So I opted to go with it instead of the white house. I think it is just as effective in getting the point across that the federal government is turning into more of a tyrannical king than a protector of liberty.

-d1sCo

I can see what your saying. The dome of the Capital Building lends itself much more aesthetically to wearing a crown. For the election cycle, however, I think it would be nice to put focus on the presidency.

Either way, it looks awesome and would make a lasting impression on a Christian who received one.

pauliticalfan
07-25-2011, 11:57 PM
.org?

d1sCo
07-26-2011, 12:13 AM
I would definitely use the Whitehouse instead.

But as a follower of Yeshua, I love it!

I can see what your saying. The dome of the Capital Building lends itself much more aesthetically to wearing a crown. For the election cycle, however, I think it would be nice to put focus on the presidency.

Either way, it looks awesome and would make a lasting impression on a Christian who received one.

You both make good points and thanks again for the kind words. I will see what I can do about making a second revision with the white house instead of the capital building and see if I can't make it work. Thanks again for your input

.org?

And that my good sir is why I asked for a critique, haha. I have been guilty of swapping .com for .org on more than one occasion...I don't know why but it seems I'm convinced the campaigns site is .org, haha.

scrosnoe
07-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Just what we need -- please post a corrected version here soon -- we have a meeting coming up in OKC that this would be perfect for!

Outstanding~

LisaNY
07-26-2011, 05:42 AM
Wow, I'm not even religious and I love it! That quote from Samuel is really quite powerful, and sadly, true.

Paulatized
07-26-2011, 06:34 AM
Thanks for sharing, great handout!

I've always been of the opinion that "render unto Caesar" was about more than taxes. I am afraid many Christians misplace their allegiance in the state as their earthly savior and king.

No Free Beer
07-26-2011, 06:48 AM
keep it the way it is. Great job!

dusman
07-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Would you mind if I rendered a version of this? I'm a graphic designer and could help bump this to an improved quality for print.

d1sCo
07-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Would you mind if I rendered a version of this? I'm a graphic designer and could help bump this to an improved quality for print.

Not sure what you mean? This was done in Illustrator and the high resolution PDF will be available to download for everyone, once the design is finalized. I merely threw these .png's up so that I could get some opinions on the design. The final pdf's will be print ready with bleed marks accounted for.

-d1sCo

dusman
07-26-2011, 08:02 AM
I was just thinking I could come up with a more "polished" version, if it helps!