PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul flies in private jet, money pours into campaign - Bloomberg

svobody
07-25-2011, 10:23 PM
h xxp://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-26/ron-paul-rides-in-private-jet-in-iowa-as-money-flows-into-his-12-campaign.html

Positive article so not breaking the link... lmk if I should

07-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Link breakin' is for haters. :D

trey4sports
07-25-2011, 10:29 PM
“They are far more organized and are running a formidable campaign,” said Craig Robinson, editor of the Iowa Republican website and a former state party political director. “They are easily a spoiler for someone. I think the question is whether Ron Paul finishes first or second.”

nice

thehighwaymanq
07-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Link breakin' is for haters. :D

Cool article. Love to see the press!

Hey 1836, check your PMs.

rp08orbust
07-25-2011, 10:55 PM
But if Ron Paul were driven from Ames to Cedar Rapids, he'd have to be drive back to the plane in Ames when he left Iowa, which is another two hour (a bit more) drive, and perhaps another half hour of flight back back over Cedar Rapids going East to DC.

tangent4ronpaul
07-25-2011, 11:06 PM
hmmm... and Romney is 64yo... a good point to bring up next time someone mentions Ron's age as a disqualifying factor.

Karsten
07-25-2011, 11:20 PM
"has also spent about $400,000 on television advertising nationwide this year, said Jesse Benton, his campaign chairman. That represents less than a tenth of the $4.5 million Paul raised in the quarter that ended June 30"

I think they have to spend more than 10% on TV ads. You have to spend at least half of the money on TV ads if you want to win the straw poll. A win in the Iowa straw poll would INSTANTLY generate a lot more money.

libertybrewcity
07-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Paul -- known for his calls for limited government and drive to eliminate the Federal Reserve -- has also spent about $400,000 on television advertising nationwide this year, said Jesse Benton, his campaign chairman.

IA, NH, SC, and NV FTW

libertybrewcity
07-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Phil Luetchford, 24, a systems engineer from Cedar Rapids, said the added financial resources have meant that volunteers such as himself have been “well supplied” with campaign flyers, signs and other material. He said he is supporting Paul over Bachmann because he is a proven commodity.

So happy to see the campaign is supplying materials for volunteers!

KingRobbStark
07-25-2011, 11:28 PM
News like this is the kind of stuff that gives me fuel.

VoluntaryAmerican
07-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Great article.

But, Ugh.... I can't stand this new mix of SEO blogging and Journalism. Makes my head hurt.

sailingaway
07-25-2011, 11:49 PM
They are doing it to raise expectations so it is no big deal if he wins, and a 'loss' if he doesn't finish, as they put it, in first or second place. The Ames straw poll is all about beating expectations.

KingRobbStark
07-25-2011, 11:55 PM
They are doing it to raise expectations so it is no big deal if he wins, and a 'loss' if he doesn't finish, as they put it, in first or second place. The Ames straw poll is all about beating expectations.

The media is one sneaky bitch.

AlexAmore
07-26-2011, 12:46 AM

Introducing first.... from the red corner. weighing 175 pounds... he hails from the Thomas theorem, and was rated by many, as the best pound for best boxer of the last decade. with 52 wins, 38 of them coming by the way of knockout, and only 4 defeats. he is, the former middleweight champion, former, super middle weight champioin, former light heavyweight champion, and former HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD,

SELF

FULFILLING

PROPHECY!!!!

In the blue corner. Weighing 170 pounds...coming all the way from mainstream media, with 203 wins, 202 of them coming by the way of knockout, and only 1 defeat. RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAISED EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!

NYgs23
07-26-2011, 01:08 AM
So we complain when they he can't win, and we complain when they say he can?

sailingaway
07-26-2011, 01:18 AM
So we complain when they he can't win, and we complain when they say he can?

We complain when they say his win will just be as a spoiler who can win straw polls.

The Magic Hoof
07-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Does this mean he just got a new private jet? There was a thread on it here a bit ago.

afwjam
07-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Its an Israeli jet! He supports trade with Israel!

sailingaway
07-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Does this mean he just got a new private jet? There was a thread on it here a bit ago.

Nah, he charters it, but it means he can make a lot more trips and doesn't have to go through TSA patdowns every single trip (his metal knees don't let him use the scanner.)

RonPaul101.com
07-26-2011, 10:55 AM
I just wish would could drop the OLB chatter already. It will only give Obama a bump to keep discussing it...

libertybrewcity
07-26-2011, 11:05 AM
"has also spent about $400,000 on television advertising nationwide this year, said Jesse Benton, his campaign chairman. That represents less than a tenth of the $4.5 million Paul raised in the quarter that ended June 30"

I think they have to spend more than 10% on TV ads. You have to spend at least half of the money on TV ads if you want to win the straw poll. A win in the Iowa straw poll would INSTANTLY generate a lot more money.

It's not generally a good idea to spend all of your money months before the elections. Who knows how many ads 400k buys anyways. He doesn't want to peak too early. He wants to introduce himself and keep his name in the back of people's heads for now.