PDA

View Full Version : Pretty exciting 36 hours

Mattsa
05-17-2007, 02:00 PM
As I'm following this whole media bonanza from England, I'm kinda catching up with everything that's happened since the second debate and ...WHHOOOAAA!!!! the media are going crazy!

Seems Fox news are really rubbing Ron's face in the dirt with all this 9-11 spin BS. Disgusting really, but to be expected and we can be sure there will be much much more to come.

The CNN report was much better. Ron Paul is a pretty good wordsmith and he didn't take any of he Guiliani jibes laying down. You can't can't beat a man who has good on his side and Ron is the best thing to hit US politics in a very long time.

So......all has calmed down a little now. The autopsy on Ron's performance is in full swing. I don't think he performed as well as in the first debate but to come in 2nd is still pretty creditable.

The most important thing now is to keep him in the debates and to get him as much airtime as possible.

Right now, this is THE political event of the world. Compared with what's happening in the UK particularly! Gordon Brown has become Prime Minister in waiting without even having to face a leadership competition.

As we say in the UK.....BIG IT UP!!!!!!!!! :)

Korey Kaczynski
05-17-2007, 02:04 PM
He definitey got rattled after the applause for Giuliani; the entire thing was out of protocol anyways and he was definitely shaken.

But now he's getting famous off it, so it's good.

qednick
05-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Mattsa, are they mentioning him in the news over there? If so, where?

Gabecpa
05-17-2007, 02:09 PM
But now he's getting famous off it, so it's good.

Good, I thought it was great.

The only thing that would have been better is if Fox would have let Rudy keep talking. He had the audience in his hands, but Ron Paul has every credible source backing up his reasoning.

Korey Kaczynski
05-17-2007, 02:12 PM

The only thing that would have been better is if Fox would have let Rudy keep talking. He had the audience in his hands, but Ron Paul has every credible source backing up his reasoning.

Ron Paul did have the last word, which was good.

Mattsa
05-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Mattsa, are they mentioning him in the news over there? If so, where?

Hi Nick

I've prowled the UK news sites for any mention of Ron Paul but he is not on the radar screen...........yet!

aravoth
05-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Check out the top favorites today under news and politics. Most of them are ron paul.

Mattsa
05-17-2007, 02:21 PM

I think Ron has defended himself very well. He looks exhausted though! And geez! The guy is 71! It must be pretty punishing stuff to go through even for a man half his age.

Mattsa
05-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Check out the top favorites today under news and politics. Most of them are ron paul.

Could you post links to any good stuff? I haven't had time to catch up with everything. Cheers M

Suzu
05-17-2007, 02:38 PM
I've prowled the UK news sites for any mention of Ron Paul but he is not on the radar screen...........yet!

Can you put him there yourself?

qednick
05-17-2007, 02:50 PM
I think Ron has defended himself very well. He looks exhausted though! And geez! The guy is 71! It must be pretty punishing stuff to go through even for a man half his age.

Yeah it just makes you want to wrap him up in cotton wool and give him a great big hug. :)

Part of his appeal to me is his sincerity (apart from most policies of course). The main contenders are like power-hungry smooth-talking lawyers who will flip-flop and say anything to please the immediate audience at hand. Ron sticks to his guns and comes across as the honest, genuine grandfatherly figure full of all the wisdom.

Personally, I've never felt so fired up about politics or a politician before. RP really is a breath of fresh air!

Mattsa
05-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Can you put him there yourself?

I just mailed Newsnight. This is our premier serious news programme.

I've told them all about the popularity of Ron on the internet, how his site is more visited than the mainstream contenders, his videos are the most viewed on YouTube and Google and he has been the top search on Technorati and Digg.

Getting Ron some exposure on the BBC would be excellent. They are more likely to be impartial too and not do a Hannity hatchet job

You can mail BBC Newsnight here

Spread the link around and get as many people to mail the beeb as you possibly can

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/4969804.stm

:)

surf
05-17-2007, 03:41 PM
I sent a note letting them know that i watch the morning news program religiously, and that i'd be thrilled to see a story on the only man the founding fathers would endorse.

I wanted to tell them they need to cover all the yanks over there playing soccer bit more....

DianeDL
05-27-2007, 10:44 PM
I just mailed Newsnight. This is our premier serious news programme.

I've told them all about the popularity of Ron on the internet, how his site is more visited than the mainstream contenders, his videos are the most viewed on YouTube and Google and he has been the top search on Technorati and Digg.

Getting Ron some exposure on the BBC would be excellent. They are more likely to be impartial too and not do a Hannity hatchet job

You can mail BBC Newsnight here

Spread the link around and get as many people to mail the beeb as you possibly can

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/4969804.stm

:)

I just mailed them as well. RP as our President would affect the world...the world should know about him.